Sign in to follow this  
Digitrade

BidorBuy Time? - Check this out!

RISadler

Oh, that quote of Einstein is wrong. I mean Einstein was wrong... everything does happen at once and time is a perception of something that does not exist.

Edited by RISadler

Guest MacMuffin
Oh, that quote of Einstein is wrong. I mean Einstein was wrong... everything does happen at once and time is a perception of something that does not exist.

Do yourself a favor and go to Home Affairs or the Traffic Department - this pretty much validates Einstein's theory :grin: (at times it even feels like they time-travel back into the past - considering that 11 of my ID book applications did not exist).

We got the clock from one of the authors contributing to CSS-tricks. I don't believe that the date-parsing is the issue, but rather that IE6 (or the compatibility mode in later versions of IE) causes the incorrect shifting of sprites. We have only been able to recreate in IE6 or compatibility mode and both are known to not adhere to CSS/HTML standards and the way the browser internally handles the DOM tree and certain attributes. It's beyond annoying, but I don't think there is an easy way to fix (although we did not spend lots of time on it either - was more like a 1-hour job to implement).

RISadler
Do yourself a favor and go to Home Affairs or the Traffic Department - this pretty much validates Einstein's theory.

Wrong again, on two points. :thinking:

Over here, if you get to either before 1030, then time spent in queue is less than five minutes. Always very helpful and on the ball.

Over there (where you are), both these actually prove that time does not exist. To them time is irrelevant, infinite and therefore a non-entity.

RISadler
We got the clock from one of the authors contributing to CSS-tricks.

Script-kiddie.

We have only been able to recreate in IE6 or compatibility mode and both are known to not adhere to CSS/HTML standards and the way the browser internally handles the DOM tree and certain attributes.

Actually, the "IE" method of DHTML is much more logical than the W3C "standard". But blaming things on Microsoft is taking the easy way out.

It's beyond annoying, but I don't think there is an easy way to fix (although we did not spend lots of time on it either - was more like a 1-hour job to implement).

In my opinion, if you are not going to spend the time ensuring it works, then don't use it at all.

By the way, the "clock" doesn't work correctly on my version of IE8.