Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Why bid when you can't read?

Miss Jewels

The title may sound harsh, but goodness! I sold this item **Gorgeous swarovski crystal dress ring** to l greener on 29/10. Payment was done 30/10 (Sat) and the item posted 04/11. My T & C's state items will be posted within 5 working days after payment cleared (I was within my own terms) and that economail takes between 2 - 5 days to arrive. This morning I get a neutral rating stating "item took longer than a week". I replied on this, also stating I was not the PO delivery lady and ten minutes later get a negative! What do the buyers not see in the auction descriptions? Can't they read? My posting was within my given time, post office delivered within 4 days and still a unhappy buyer? If you know you might wait up to 10 days after payment for your parcel to arrive and you're not happy with this, why on earth bid? What are we missing? I know this is a general problem to most sellers. It's the same as a buyer winning a ring for R150.00 and stating later "I thought is was a white gold and diamond ring" and then requesting a refund. What? White gold and diamonds at R150.00??

Little Miss Muffet

I have learn't to walk away and think before I answer a rating like this

She misunderstood your terms.

I would have sent an email saying that because I am unable to get to the post office everyday that I post within 5 working days not that she would receive it within 5 working days

Unfortunately you got your back up and to say you are not the post office lady was wrong.

bonk..jpg.b14cfc852aad7a9172003202adc06868.jpg

wayjen

yip we get a negative for selling a fake fur jacket when the title states FAUX FUR, go figure?????????

Miss Jewels

It was probably wrong, but the buyer could have contacted me to ask where the parcel was. In cases like that, I track the parcel for them and copy and paste the SAPO info. I'll always help a client where I can but somedays you get a difficult buyer and become a difficult seller too. Not ideal, but it does happen to all of us once in a while, and for me this was a first.

I have learn't to walk away and think before I answer a rating like this

She misunderstood your terms.

I would have sent an email saying that because I am unable to get to the post office everyday that I post within 5 working days not that she would receive it within 5 working days

Unfortunately you got your back up and to say you are not the post office lady was wrong.

BumbleBabe

and your description say its what ever over jewelers brass. How could you think it real gold :blink:

They want a bargain and they want it now!!!

I also cant wait to get my goods but I hassle the PO because after all they have it now :rolleyes:

Shame hun I feel for you, and I hope BOB can sort this out for you.

lilythepink
yip we get a negative for selling a fake fur jacket when the title states FAUX FUR, go figure?????????

That will teach you not to swipe your bag ladies' furs! :evil:

wayjen
That will teach you not to swipe your bag ladies' furs! :evil:

i thought she meant FOX so i wanted to set it free.

Cali Craft and Gems

I know the feeling about buyers who cannot or simply refuse to read the listed terms and conditions!

I'm waiting for the negative to arrive on an order from last week. It clearly states that your parcel will be sent on average 48 hours after payment has cleared (excluding weekends and public holidays) and only on the stipulated dates provided. Shipping days are Tues and Thurs - payment comes through on Thursday morning and by that evening the rude emails start flowing demanding a tracking number. Uhm, payment date plus 48 hours equals Monday with next shipping date being the Tuesday. To keep him quiet, I made a special trip to the post office on the weekend!

Some buyers are enough to drive you to drink, and the rest of them are absolute angels!

Not1CentMore

Eye candy. It all comes down to 'eye candy'. Buyer 'sees' the picture and bids. Guess sellers can take that as a compliment of sorts. Picture makes the buyer 'drool' and bingo-bango...bid. Then, after the fact, they use their eyes and cry tears of 'excuse' for not remitting payment or why isn't the parcel in their hot little hands a day before the auction closed....from the USA. Or, better yet, local tracking number provided, after parcel clears SA Customs, and a week, two weeks or month later, buyer wants to know where it is....without even bothering to get off their duff and go to the Post Office to collect. Gotta love it!

Little Miss Muffet
It was probably wrong, but the buyer could have contacted me to ask where the parcel was. In cases like that, I track the parcel for them and copy and paste the SAPO info. I'll always help a client where I can but somedays you get a difficult buyer and become a difficult seller too. Not ideal, but it does happen to all of us once in a while, and for me this was a first.

The buyer was wrong in the first place to have not read your terms properly but "Two wrongs dont make a right" and "A soft answer turns away wrath"

If you had calmly explained her oversight then she probably would have seen her mistake and changed the rating. It just becomes a vicious circle when we take umbrage.

Miss Jewels

Hi geeghizz. I fully agree with you, but to receive a neutral and ten minutes later a negative is also uncalled for. I was not even offered the chance to explain. Had she sent an e-mail or another form of communication it would have solved this problem. Even the neutral didn't make sense. Receiving a parcel within 6 days of purchase, with economail, is not at all unacceptable. I've requested BoB to review the rating and remove if unfair.

brands online

Some buyers are enough to drive you to drink, and the rest of them are absolute angels!

Some buyers are absolute angels and the REST are enough to drive you to drink :blink1:

MsPlod
Some buyers are absolute angels and the REST are enough to drive you to drink :blink1:

Hah hah hah hah hah hah!!!

36_22_25_1_.gif Here is something to help you nail the ones who make you sad BoomSmilie_anim_1_.gif

Angolo Antico

We have had the same issues with many buyers before on BOB, most of them understand the process only after you either email them and with some, we actually phone them ( more personal than email ) to correct any issues they may have or any misunderstandings regarding to our terms of sale.

Most do change their ratings to positive after being explained how our processes works, but you get those few buyers who are plain spiteful and stick to what they believe or want to believe!

Hope it works out and that your buyer will understand that you were within your sales terms.

regards,

MK

lilythepink

And if they don't drive you to drink, they drive you to this forum! (Or perhaps it's the drink that drives some of us here??) :unsure:

windrider

I think many new buyers equate Internet shopping with your average: "Go to the shop, pick-up item, pay for it and leave." Internet shopping is popular because of the variety of items available and their lower prices, the trade-off is that you have to wait for your parcel to arrive. So instant gratification beyond the one of winning the auction is not happening.

Instant gratification would explain why so many buyers ignore the listing terms and conditions, the drive to get it overrides other more sensible needs of making a rational thought-out decision. Clicking a couple of buttons is still not equated with ringing of the till and taking your wallet out.

Doesn't excuse them, but it may explain some buyers' motivations.