Sign in to follow this  
pin_nacle

Seller: MediaTech Liar/Scammer ...or both?

pin_nacle    10
pin_nacle

Seller Media Tech was asked the question from a potetial buyer how he can sell a Canon 100-400mm lens for R8500 (he has also sold a few at R7500) -

his answer was that photographic dealers have a 300% mark up. This is the biggest lot of B/S ever and a lie - so.... we now know this seller is a liar.

The part if he is a scammer is still to be decided (in my mind, no doubt).

When I raised this question with him (on his listing) and I said "answer my question and don't delete it" so that other user can see he is lying,his answer was that he will delete it and that "people anyway dont like me" ??? Eltoro Trading who is also a photographic dealer, has also reported this seller to BoB.

Other forum user's are welcome to give input, Sellers who do not understand the pricing of photographic equipment please don't respond as you will appear ignorant.

Johann

SProducts    10
SProducts

You already have another thread about this issue, I dont to Admin but its double post.

You are very sure about this, I will seriously suggest you contact Bidorbuy on communiwatch@bidorbuy.co.za and provide whatever proof you have that Media tech is a scammer.

For now this is too personal and honestly its unfair to MediaTech the way you attack, insult him in public, accussing someone is a very serious offence.

Sipho

pin_nacle    10
pin_nacle

Hi Sipho,if someone lies,he is a liar and this seller is lying in the questions asked to him.So yes I am calling him a liar.

I am not interested in being PC correct and beating around this bush.This seller is offering something at a cost that is impossible!

Is this forum not there to protect buyers?

Yes this matter has been reported to community watch.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi pin nacle

It is your opinion that he is a liar, but you do need to be careful about what you say in a public forum.

These outright accusations in public can lead to legal action, this is not about being PC, but about how you approach the subject.

What will you do if he decides to sue you for defamation of character and can prove that he is able to sell this equipment at this price?

And another thing,

"Sellers who do not understand the pricing of photographic equipment please don't respond as you will appear ignorant."

this comment of your is uncalled for, you are insulting all members of the forum by saying this, we may not be experts in photographic equipment, but many of us have been on BoB for years and know what the correct protocol is, this is something you still need to learn.

What you should have done, is report this to community watch and let them take care of it.

EltoroTrading    10
EltoroTrading

I agree

If I could mark up goods 300% I would have been on pension by now. You're very lucky if you could mark up by 10%. That is if you obtain and import your items legally, and not have it sent in as "gifts" or any other way to skip paying taxes. This guy has sold a few items at about half of what cost price is, and none of the buyers of these items have left feedback so far. He is either Santa Claus, has won the Lotto and wants to share his good fortune with others, has been scammed by the "supplier" or is a scammer himself. He does not know a thing about photography or the equipment he is trying to sell either.

pin_nacle    10
pin_nacle

Tananka can you read?.1) I clearly said I have reported this matter to community watch.2)he has already lied in a question asked by someone on his item.Do you understand that if someone lie they are a liar? If this seller is a scammer and con a few people out of money this weekend

what will your response then be? All I am trying to do is avoid people maybe losing money.Have you heard of the saying "to good to be true,is to good to be true"

SProducts    10
SProducts
If I could mark up goods 300% I would have been on pension by now. You're very lucky if you could mark up by 10%. That is if you obtain and import your items legally, and not have it sent in as "gifts" or any other way to skip paying taxes. This guy has sold a few items at about half of what cost price is, and none of the buyers of these items have left feedback so far. He is either Santa Claus, has won the Lotto and wants to share his good fortune with others, has been scammed by the "supplier" or is a scammer himself. He does not know a thing about photography or the equipment he is trying to sell either.

There was a seller a while back who advertised Blackberry phone cheap, the description was that they had dual sim and tv yet the seller maintained they were original. Even went on to say it will use BIS. Upon questioning and advices politely, the seller understood and then went back to the supplier with some information and he realised he was being scammed by the supplier. He could have landed himself into huge troubles, especially upon receipt of the products and realised it and how could he have refunded the buyers and all.

The moral of this story is fighting wont help anyone, Pin nacle needs to know we are all on the forum to help each. As mentioned by Eltoro Trading, its impossible to get these equipment at the prices, then obviously the seller might have been scammed unaware of it. From answers the seller hasnt received stock as yet which calls for some concern.

There's also a possibility that he could have found a bargain which is real.

Sipho

admin    0
admin

Hi All,

Thank you for your comments and concerns. This matter is under bidorbuy's attention and will be fully investigated.

This thread is now locked and will be opened to give feedback as soon as the investigation is completed, so please refrain from opening further posts in this regard.

Thank you.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
Seller Media Tech was asked the question from a potetial buyer how he can sell a Canon 100-400mm lens for R8500 (he has also sold a few at R7500) -

his answer was that photographic dealers have a 300% mark up. This is the biggest lot of B/S ever and a lie - so.... we now know this seller is a liar.

The part if he is a scammer is still to be decided (in my mind, no doubt).

When I raised this question with him (on his listing) and I said "answer my question and don't delete it" so that other user can see he is lying,his answer was that he will delete it and that "people anyway dont like me" ??? Eltoro Trading who is also a photographic dealer, has also reported this seller to BoB.

Other forum user's are welcome to give input, Sellers who do not understand the pricing of photographic equipment please don't respond as you will appear ignorant.

Johann

Johann you are obviously sure of your statement that I am a lier and a scam, and this is your right. I am not going to take the time to explain to someone like you why I can sell for these prices. I have sold a few now and I will send those orders out and the buyers will leave their remarks in the form of ratings (and that is after all what matters, not your opinion)

As far as the "lie" that I told, everyone knows retailers have huge markups and if I over-exagurated it was merely to prove a point. And the fact that I can sell for that price and still make a profit and you say the shops sell for R 12 000,00 just shows that they do have a huge mark-up. I am not interested in chatting to you about figures and markups, you are obviously shopping at an expensive supplier.

And as far as deleting your question, I will keep deleting questions where people attack me and call me a a liar and a scam as this has nothing to do with the possible sale of an item to a possible buyer. It is an outright attack and I have no responsibility to you to answer your Allegations with an explanation.

As far as you and your friend accusing me of having sold some of those items and there has not been and deliveries yet is because I only started selling those items on Thursday which means the money still had to clear and then the items send and that is surely not possible between Thusrday and Saterday, Really, I don't even think you are that fast. So I do not think there is any reason for concern as SProducts stated.

And one last thing, for you to attack Tanaka was uncalled for, she was merely stating facts. Like she said there is a certain way to handle situations and you are clearly not handling it the right way.

But I have ordered one extra lens to have ready for you to eat :cheesy: I hope you are not going to go back on your offer to buy one and then eat it if I am not a scam. :whistling:

Please in the future if you have a concern regarding the safety of the Bid or Buy community, follow the right channels and report it to CW and let security investigate the matter before you run around making accusations as you might really get sued for defamation.

Hope you have a wonderful day

Your truly

Nico / MediaTech

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi tghere Eltoro, No I am not Santa nor have I won the Lotto - Well not yet anyway. But if you look at the dates I have sold these alleged items you will see it was sold between friday and Sunday and today is monday so I don't think even you would have been able to get payments in and send the items and clients received it already. It is always wise to do homework before jumping into accusing people, don't you think. Unless if you could have processed orders in two days on a weekend no less. And as far as me knowing nothing about the photography world does not mean I can't sell the items. Or am I missing something in that one needs to be an expert before selling items? I am sorry you are not retired yet and that you are buying items at high prices and now some guy that doesn't even know anything have just upset your apple-cart, but that my friend is really not my problem and you can't go arround accusing people just because they get better deals than you. Maybe you can start buying from me instead of your current supplier, just a thought. :nuts:

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MEDIATECH

I must compliment you on handling this issue very well and what a great response !!!

NEIL

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Thanks Neil, just trying to resolve this matter on a diplomatic manner :nuts:

brands online    10
brands online

Hi MediaTech, I agree with your response. There is also no need for the kind of deamatory and slanderous attacks on ANYONE especially if they are baseless. I sell some stuff I know nothing about. If specs are quoted for the item etc. What's wrong with that? At least you have the decency to handle this as diplomatically. I have a diplomacy threshhold especially when being so viciously attacked...:evil:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
Hi MediaTech, I agree with your response. There is also no need for the kind of deamatory and slanderous attacks on ANYONE especially if they are baseless. I sell some stuff I know nothing about. If specs are quoted for the item etc. What's wrong with that? At least you have the decency to handle this as diplomatically. I have a diplomacy threshhold especially when being so viciously attacked...:evil:

Hi Brands Online, I reached my diplomacy threshold a long time ago, now I take prozac :nuts:

admin    0
admin

Should pin_nacle or EltoroTrading care to respond, please send me a PM.

Thread locked.

Thank you.