Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Registered users with no ratings

Miss Jewels

I've noticed that there are a huge number of registered users with no ratings, some going back to 2002! Under one section alone, by typing in the word daisy, I found 65. Is there any way that the fantastic guys at IT can delete old registered users that have not been active on the site for the past 6 months? I'm not sure if people find BoB to be their latest playground, but the number of buyers bidding on items and not completing orders are increasing. To ignore a SNC has also become the norm.

lilythepink

I think 6 months is too short a time - but 12 or 18 months would be more practical so that the non-using members' names can become available for other folk who want to register.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi All

I've suggested before that users that aren't active for a long time, such as two years, but nothing seems to have come of it.

I wonder if it was even considered.

What does Cuan have to say?

lilythepink

Good questions, Tananka. I can clearly remember you suggesting this quite some time ago!

admin

Hi All,

Accounts are only closed should the bidorbuy terms and condition be broken by that user. There are many good sellers today that had no activity on their account for years.

BumbleBabe

I know that if some one want a name that is not available, but the user of that name is inactive you can request from bob to let you have the name.