Sign in to follow this  
geldenhuys1

Funds cleared after SNC completed and item was sold to another buyer

geldenhuys1

Hi

I have a big problem and need some help. I have sold a item Apple iPhone - Micro SIM Card Cutter for iPhone 4 and iPad (2 x MicroSIM Adapters) ** In-Stock ** Brand New ** was sold for R150.00 on 26 Oct at 14:49 by geldenhuys1 in Worcester (ID:27782909) to the buyer and after 7 days of emailing the money still was not paid. So i completed a SNC. So i relisted the item and sold it to this buyer Apple iPhone - Micro SIM Card Cutter for iPhone 4 and iPad (2 x MicroSIM Adapters) ** In-Stock ** Brand New ** was sold for R150.00 on 4 Nov at 17:01 by geldenhuys1 in Worcester (ID:28043590)

only to get a email today stating that the first buyer's money cleared today!!

What must i do now?? Can i just refund the money to the firste buyer? Please help.:confused:

kebs

Did the first buyer reply to your emails at least? The only thing you can really do is issue a refund.. it's not your fault the payment took so long to go through.. They must have taken a while to pay if it took over a week - probably paid when they received the SNC notice only.. When I file an SNC, I state in it that the item has been relisted & is no longer available to that buyer unless they wish to purchase it again - that way they know they can't just keep you holding on for ever.. Of course, I also block them as buyers, so they can't actually buy it again & leave me sitting with the same problem again! Depending on when they actually paid, I would take off my bank fees as well - I wouldn't fork out extra money because they took too long to pay..

geldenhuys1

Hi Kebs

No only a good seller but working the forum too. Thanks for the replay, will send buyer mail now to refund him.

kebs

Ha ha... Addicted to the forum more like it!!

geldenhuys1

Contacted buyer and did the refund, sorted..... Thanks

kebs

Pleasure! Glad it's sorted..

SProducts

I agree with Kebs, refund them. But I would minus the banking charges to be incurred for refunding them, if you listed with enhancement fees you have already lost those and cant loose more.

I always state when the product is no longer available, but seems buyers dont read the SNC and they continue to pay.

Sipho

BumbleBabe

In a situation like this, you let the buyer know you are filling SNC and re-listing the item and you block the buyer.

My Question is :- can you still communicate with this buyer via the message box in the sales page? Or will it also be blocked once you have block them?

Vegar

I am puzzled - did you file SNC and relist the item 7 days after the auction closed? It takes a minimum of 14 days to COMPLETE SNC.

When you file SNC the buyer STILL HAS ANOTHER 7 DAYS to pay ... a bother but that is the rule.

I know that some sellers say in their listing that they will relist if payment hasn't come through after x days ... empty threat as the BoB rules state that the buyer gets 7 days to sort payment.

Remember that we are human ...

wayjen

this is the point i am trying to make and figure out.

whose rule is it that we buyers wait 14 days before relisting an item when some people relist after 3 days? once again this boils down to communication, if someone puts money in your bank account after 14 days of no communication and the article is sold to someone else then that is their problem. Athough you should refund them let them wait for it and refund at your leisure. you would have rated them negative anyway so even if they rate you negative after that then appeal it as it would surely be a revenge rating.

lilythepink

I was placed in a similar situation once where my listing stated clearly that payment had to be received within 72 hours after close of auction/buy now. Buyer defaulted and I immediately relisted the item - buyer had not even completed the order! Then suddenly buyer did complete the order and made payment and BoB agreed that my listing terms took precedence and advised me to refund the buyer, which I did less my bank charges. This happened some months ago and I don't think the rules have changed since then. And yes I did rate negatively, buyer revenge rated me and BoB sorted it out quickly. Some of BoB's staff are super-efficient!

Vegar

Sorry Wayjen - I don't understand what point you are making?

After 14 days you are free to sell the item - meaning that the SNC HAS BEEN COMPLETED - you get a notice from BoB.

If the buyer pays after SNC has been finalized then you just refund them (minus bank charges). When the SNC has been completed then they CANNOT rate you ... the COMPLTED SNC protects the seller from a revenge rating.

Of course we can argue that the SNC system is not fair on the sellers :unsure:

Vegar

Even though I pay all my purchases on the spot - EFT - I will not buy from a ruthless seller who make up their own rules like saying you have to pay within 72 hours - as I said: REMENBER WE ARE HUMAN !!!

LILYTHEPINK - I would have contested your re-listing after 3 days since the rules clearly state that I have 7 days to pay. What happens if it is weekend and the buyer needs to make a cash deposit? People have lives and constraints .... human ....:blink1:

lilythepink
Even though I pay all my purchases on the spot - EFT - I will not buy from a ruthless seller who make up their own rules like saying you have to pay within 72 hours - as I said: REMENBER WE ARE HUMAN !!!

LILYTHEPINK - I would have contested your re-listing after 3 days since the rules clearly state that I have 7 days to pay. What happens if it is weekend and the buyer needs to make a cash deposit? People have lives and constraints .... human ....:blink1:

I seldom advertise on week-ends - mostly Crazy Wednesdays - and provided a buyer communicates with me, I will wait as long as possible for payment. It is a lack of communication and/or completion of an order which is infuriating and, after a couple of years of selling on BoB, one learns to act firmly. At all times I try to be fair and helpful to my buyers - I think my ratings speak volumes, or don't they mean anything?

Why shouldn't a seller be able to set his/her conditions regarding a sale? What makes you think such a seller is "ruthless"? lol

Edited by lilythepink

kebs

Cuan himself has said in a thread somewhere that we may state our own terms & relist if the buyer has not met these conditions regarding payment. If a buyer emails me to say he has a problem & needs more time, I'm more than happy to give it to him. But if I receive no reply to any of my emails (at least 3 or 4 are sent before relisting), I assume it's another waste of time buyer & will relist the item. I personally give people 5 days to pay - why buy if you can't pay? What will change in 5 days?? Sellers have every right to expect payment within a reasonable time & as long as it's clearly stated in the listing, I don't see anything wrong with it.

lilythepink

Vegar is obviously a little confused about payment terms being 7 days! The 7 days relates purely to the filing of an SNC and not to actual payment time to be allowed. If Vegar thinks that I am the one who is confused, please could I be so bold as to ask her to direct me to BoB's rule that 7 days is the stipulated period for payment. (I am open to being corrected if I am wrong!) Thanks.

Vegar

Lily, I mean it is ruthless to enforce a self-generated rule which is different to the rules and norm. Sometimes 3 days is just not enough - unless the buyer has internet banking. Then "punishing" the buyer by re-listing and all the aggravation that follows just doesn't make sense and is highly unpleasant to both sides.

Of course good ratings matter - but there are conditions like shipping fees, posting times and added "rules" which would put me off.

I know you are super to deal with ...:smile: the 'ruthless' was general about the behaviour as there are a lot of sellers who try to get away with that - my second remark was a response to the re-listing issue you mentioned.

If you keep your buyers happy I benefit and visa versa!

wayjen
Sorry Wayjen - I don't understand what point you are making?

After 14 days you are free to sell the item - meaning that the SNC HAS BEEN COMPLETED - you get a notice from BoB.

If the buyer pays after SNC has been finalized then you just refund them (minus bank charges). When the SNC has been completed then they CANNOT rate you ... the COMPLTED SNC protects the seller from a revenge rating.

Of course we can argue that the SNC system is not fair on the sellers :unsure:

i understand the 14 day thing but what i was asking was, what rule is there that we must wait 14 days when people can relist their items after 3 days or 5 days? 2 weeks of potential lost sales is a long time to wait.

Vegar

File SNC and the buyer still has another 7 days to pay ... mean anything? RULES !!!

wayjen
File SNC and the buyer still has another 7 days to pay ... mean anything? RULES !!!

lets go round in circles why don't we.

RAJRULES1

:angel: I am prepared to wait for two weeks, and sometimes even more..... BUT....the buyer must communicate with me and he can do this by Telephone, Email or even on this forum via PM. Any buyer failing to communicate with a seller after a few days to make necessary arrangements deserve a bad rating.

For sellers who have enough stock to relist, it is ok, but recently I had only one iPad for sale, and if someone bid and then did not contact me or pay in time, I would have been sitting and twiddling my thumbs for two weeks before even re-listing. That is not fair to the seller.

If a buyer cannot pay due to weekend or problems with cashflow, or internet problems, or on holiday, or whatever, They MUST let the seller know. If a listing states payment within 48 hours, then there is no excuse for not responding within 48 hours and politely asking the seller for an extension. Even sellers are human.:cool:

admin

Hi All,

Should the seller clearly state in their item/payment options that payment should be made within x amount of days and the buyer does not, the sellers terms were not met and the seller can relist the item after x amount of days. The 7 day period is for items from sellers that do not specify when payment should be made, then the SNC rules come into affect.

Hope this helps.

MsPlod
Lily, I mean it is ruthless to enforce a self-generated rule which is different to the rules and norm. Sometimes 3 days is just not enough - unless the buyer has internet banking. Then "punishing" the buyer by re-listing and all the aggravation that follows just doesn't make sense and is highly unpleasant to both sides.

Of course good ratings matter - but there are conditions like shipping fees, posting times and added "rules" which would put me off.

I know you are super to deal with ...:smile: the 'ruthless' was general about the behaviour as there are a lot of sellers who try to get away with that - my second remark was a response to the re-listing issue you mentioned.

If you keep your buyers happy I benefit and visa versa!

If I might chip in here, as a buyer, I sometimes do pay late, but usually only with the express understanding (usually via email correspondence) that late payment is acceptable. It is decidedly unfair on sellers to keep them "hanging" without any assurance that the sale will be completed and quite frankly if a seller relisted (after stating clearly that payment MUST be made within 24 hours after close of auction) then I would feel that the seller had a right to do so. So, if someone can only pay on a Monday morning at the bank - then first check with the seller via Q&A whether that would be acceptable. Quite simply - if a seller stipulates payment requirements then those are part and parcel of the auction (i.e. business contract).

The Beak - ruthless - ROFLMAO!!!

wayjen
Hi All,

Should the seller clearly state in their item/payment options that payment should be made within x amount of days and the buyer does not, the sellers terms were not met and the seller can relist the item after x amount of days. The 7 day period is for items from sellers that do not specify when payment should be made, then the SNC rules come into affect.

Hope this helps.

thank you Mr Andries.

lilythepink
Hi All,

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Andries! What would we do without you?

@Vegar - if a person can't pay and can't communicate within 72 hours then that person is obviously not interested in following through with the transaction, then there is little likelihood that he/she will be able to pay and/or communicate within 7 days!

@MsPlod - keep laughing. Once I'm in your wheelbarrow over the Victoria Falls, I could begin to think YOU are ruthless! LOL

@Wayne - you can also become ruthless by following in your trolley behind MsPlod and her wheelbarrow! I doubt WE will be going around in circles!

Edited by lilythepink