Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

This buyer made my day, she's funny!

SProducts    10
SProducts

Nonpaying buyers makes all of us sellers angry, but this one makes me want to laugh.

The buyer won this item, Blackberry - BLACKBERRY 7290 unlocked to all networks and unregistered was sold for R301.00 on 22 Oct at 14:01 by SProducts in Johannesburg (ID:27423470)

After about 2 days she emails that I must cancel the order. I respond that I cannot, I will filee SNC after 7 days and rate her accordingly. After a day she emails again, she says that she told me to canceel this order and it still showing in her cart and she wants me to remove it. Once again I inform her I cant, its the system.

Then after 7 days I file SNC and rate her negative. She then emails me that its unfair as she has emailed me to cancel the sale and I didnt respond. Today I get an email from Bidorbuy and she still complains that I dont respond and I rated her unfairly.

Is she confused or is unaware of the system, its not even her first sale?

Sipho

brands online    10
brands online

Hi Sipho, "chancers", you know the drill...:evil:

Edited by brands online

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

When I click on your link, I get this error screen with Google Chrome

388319_101103161126_skhuu_warning.jpg

SProducts    10
SProducts

That's weird, on my system it just goes with no problems. Whats more worse, this is just a domain which I host my images and there is no website there or any other files. Maybe its the hosting company, I should check it.

Sipho

bigv1978    10
bigv1978

Hi

Sipho , I was reading threw your ratings and I must say that you get it bad from buyers, I was feeling sorry for myself with the amount of crap I get from buyers until I read your ratings.

SProducts    10
SProducts
Hi

Sipho , I was reading threw your ratings and I must say that you get it bad from buyers, I was feeling sorry for myself with the amount of crap I get from buyers until I read your ratings.

Well I no longer worry myself too much about it, instead I focus on the good buyers who keeps me going. The only way I just respond and state my case and let everyone to make their own minds.

Sipho

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I am also using Google Chrome and get the same warning when I try access the link.

kebs    10
kebs

I'm using IE8, & I go straight to the page, no warning...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Like kebs, I go straight to the listing - no warning!

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Maybe its time for you guys to start using Google Chrome, you will find it MUCH quicker and certainly much more stable

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi all - we had an incident on 16th October where a seller managed to list items with included a malware script. Although we detected it the very same day and removed it, it was detected by GoogleBot and filtered through.

We have necessary checks in place and conduct frequent security scans - our site has not been flagged by the clearing-houses: http://www.stopbadware.org/home/reportsearch (do a search for bidorbuy.co.za - you will get no results)

The case reported above is related to http://www.skhuu.co.za (which is currently down) and seems to have been hacked/infected with malware.

I suggest that sellers should not link to external websites for images. Either host them on bidorbuy or on a more trusted source such as Flicker, Picasa etc...

Edited by MacMuffin

SProducts    10
SProducts
Hi all - we had an incident on 16th October where a seller managed to list items with included a malware script. Although we detected it the very same day and removed it, it was detected by GoogleBot and filtered through.

We have necessary checks in place and conduct frequent security scans - our site has not been flagged by the clearing-houses: StopBadware - Search Badware Website Clearinghouse (do a search for bidorbuy.co.za - you will get no results)

The case reported above is related to Shop Whenever (which is currently down) and seems to have been hacked/infected with malware.

I suggest that sellers should not link to external websites for images. Either host them on bidorbuy or on a more trusted source such as Flicker, Picasa etc...

Mac is correct, the site was sort of affected. I used the site for hosting my images and also for email purposes, about 3 weeks back some of my emails sent boucned back. This was specially for gmail accounts and for bidorbuy servers, apparently my ip had sent some spam emails and all those technical stuff. I didnt take seriously and used gmail instead so my emails went through.

Its been a hell of a day trying to get this sorted as it would have ended up affecting Bidorbuy's reputation as well. But thanks to Cuan and Gerd and the other team members all have been sorted and my listings were not affected and the images have been moved to a clean url.

They saved me from hours of work, dont worry it wont happen again.

My listing images will now stay on BoB, better safe than sorry!

Sipho