Sign in to follow this  
J Shopper

Deleting items

J Shopper

I am fairly new to BOB but was wondering how come a seller could list an item on for auction without a reserve and one day before the auction is to end just delete the item.

I placed a bid on a phone being auctioned. There were 4 other bids prior to me placing mine and if would have won the bid I would have paid about 60% of the estimated market price for the phone. I kept an eye on the bidding and this morning as I wanted to go check it if anyone has outbid me to put in a new bid in, BOB says the item has been deleted.

Is this common practice for sellers to withdraw an item from the auction 1 day prior to the auction expiry date?

JPBon

Please supply a link if possible to the item in question?

No its not common but there might be a reason,

Guest Guest

Sometimes the seller just forgot some details and relised it. We are only human, I did that as I needed to add more details to the auctions

J Shopper

Link of Item

Please supply a link if possible to the item in question?

No its not common but there might be a reason,

The link as per the mail I received is: Item deleted

When the browser opens it says the item is deleted

MsPlod

Be grateful!!

The link as per the mail I received is: Item deleted

When the browser opens it says the item is deleted

If I were you - I would count my lucky stars - the seller in question has a rather appalling rating - 84.29% is NOT good...:notrust:

Rather keep looking for phones elsewhere - I have just picked up a brand new phone for less than 50% of its retail value and the seller was SUPERB!:awesome:

PS - if you want to know how I found the seller - just look at the serious spelling error in the advert - then plug that word into the BoB search engine - and you will see that he always spells it that way... :weeabooface:

J Shopper

Thank you for your response MsPlod, I seem to have a lot to learn. By the way which advert are you referring to so I can look for this seller?

MsPlod
Thank you for your response MsPlod, I seem to have a lot to learn. By the way which advert are you referring to so I can look for this seller?

The internet link you supplied provides an address in your browser... Look at the address and it provides a description of the item on auction.

Item deleted

Bertman Trading
If I were you - I would count my lucky stars - the seller in question has a rather appalling rating - 84.29% is NOT good...:notrust:

Rather keep looking for phones elsewhere - I have just picked up a brand new phone for less than 50% of its retail value and the seller was SUPERB!:awesome:

PS - if you want to know how I found the seller - just look at the serious spelling error in the advert - then plug that word into the BoB search engine - and you will see that he always spells it that way... :weeabooface:

If you browse through the ratings he received, he requests buyers to rextive the rating? Perhaps he means rectify?:blink:

qball

bidorbuy deleted all the seller's listings due to the recent decline in ratings and issues with supplying goods. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Cuan