Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Why oh why oh why?

BeadsandBaubles

We definitely need a "moedeloos" and a "gatvol" smiley 'cos nothing could describe how I'm feeling better.

What is going on with Buyers? I have filed 4 snc's, mostly newbies - but also some that know the game, so why oh why oh why click that button if you do not intend to pay?

Why the sudden increase in non-payers? Is anybody else having this problem?

kebs

Count me in for that smiley! Having the same problems, & also buyers being extra demanding...

Cali Craft and Gems

Me three!!! Going nutty this side... can't wait for my holiday!

brands online

Yup, it's like buyers are playing fantasy christmas shopping...:mad:

Guest Guest

You guys can count me in :disgusted: 12 SNC's in October... So not cool, and 10 of those where newbies. :wacko:

wayjen

hows this one grab you? an item gets bid on a week ago. on the day of the bid coming off the buyer asks for the item to be deleted as he cannot pay for it. the same buyer goes on a spending spree somewhere else and buys up things worth more than double his original bid was.

waste of everyone time and potential lost sales now.

babyface2

i agree with all and it is mostly new bidders that you have to watch out for. hubby sold item to new buyer last week no response to emails one day left before snc can be filed. i know we all have to start somewhere but the newbies freak me out. i just pray that they get out bidded

anerstemens

i had to file three snc`s the past two weeks. this is a lot for a seller with a rating of 237

Not1CentMore

Ditto. Seems a lot of newbies, but more than a few with triple-digit feedback. One buyer, who bid/won, must have had her fingers in the toidy when she replied to my email. Haven't heard such a 'string of blue' in a long time. She bid. She won. Now she dares me, weaved in and out of the 'blue', to file a SNC 'cause she'll be ****** up one side and down the other before she pays. And, if I do file a SNC, she will leave me the worst rating imaginable. Never a dull moment.

babyface2
Ditto. Seems a lot of newbies, but more than a few with triple-digit feedback. One buyer, who bid/won, must have had her fingers in the toidy when she replied to my email. Haven't heard such a 'string of blue' in a long time. She bid. She won. Now she dares me, weaved in and out of the 'blue', to file a SNC 'cause she'll be ****** up one side and down the other before she pays. And, if I do file a SNC, she will leave me the worst rating imaginable. Never a dull moment.

please enlighten other sellers as to who this buyer is so we can delete her bids asap

YSLMAGIC

i filed snc's for the month of september.....i give more then enough time for buyers to pay......i have done only from the 1st to the 20th september and have 104 pending snc's how you like them apples???:nuts:

YSLMAGIC

oh oh and i have to mention this 1..wait for it.........wait for it.......buyer bid a ridiculous amount on one of my items then sends me a mail 2 days after the auction closes , saying he never ordered anything from us , when i sned him the drop screens etc. he tells me .........................someone must have hacked into his account and bid on the item :disgusted:

Not1CentMore

babyface2 - I feel it would be unkind to mention her UserID / Name in such a public venue. I will file a SNC providing copy/paste of her 'potty fingers'. I am 'thinking' she will appeal. BoB can then review and determine course of action, if any....bar of soap might be in order so she can wash her hands before touching the keyboard.

Edited by Not1CentMore

BumbleBabe

Oh my, I feel for you peeps:unsure:, have not had any of these yet and it sounds scary. I get excited when bids come in, and then I get worried:worried:

I really hope this slows down or even better - bob finds a way to stop it "wishful thinking", dont think it can be stopped.

Guest Guest

You think thats bad , I am battling to make sales. SNC is not even to the touch of no bids

wayjen

can someone explain to me how you get around waiting 2 weeks to be able to relist an article because you are potentially losing sales whilst waiting.

lilythepink

I stand to correction, Wayne, but I think that once a buyer defaults on a purchase (i.e. specifically if you have stated in your listing that non-payment within a specified period will mean you will relist the item) then you can relist the item. If you state "72 hours for payment to be received" and it is not received in that time, I think you have every right to relist the item. Perhaps Cuan could confirm this?

wayjen
I stand to correction, Wayne, but I think that once a buyer defaults on a purchase (i.e. specifically if you have stated in your listing that non-payment within a specified period will mean you will relist the item) then you can relist the item. If you state "72 hours for payment to be received" and it is not received in that time, I think you have every right to relist the item. Perhaps Cuan could confirm this?

that's the thing Janet, i see people saying that payment must be received within 3 days or whatever and if it is not a snc will be filed and the item will be relisted. what happens if the person then pays for the item but it has been relisted?

Guest Guest

I want to know the same thing. I usually tell them 3 days then I wait for payment to clear. if not , SNC and then relist as SNC takes 7 days.

kebs

I think I read in a previous thread somewhere that Cuan said if you have given them 3 or 5 days (clearly state the time frame in your listing though), or whatever, to pay, & they have not done so, you are fully entitled to relist the item. At least with bob's message system, you can now send them a message telling them the item is no longer available & should payment be made, a refund will be issued, less bank charges.. & you will have the proof in the bob system if they kick up a fuss.. In other words, you don't have to wait the 7 days when you file the SNC before you can relist.

brands online
I think I read in a previous thread somewhere that Cuan said if you have given them 3 or 5 days (clearly state the time frame in your listing though), or whatever, to pay, & they have not done so, you are fully entitled to relist the item. At least with bob's message system, you can now send them a message telling them the item is no longer available & should payment be made, a refund will be issued, less bank charges.. & you will have the proof in the bob system if they kick up a fuss.. In other words, you don't have to wait the 7 days when you file the SNC before you can relist.

In principle, yes you're right, but if we, for example were to do that, we'd file more SNC's than sales... buyers have a tendency to do their own thing cos they know there's a between a 14 and 21 day period for a SNC to go through and sellers would rather make the sale than lose it. (7 days before filing the SNC, 7 days if buyer doesn't appeal...)

wayjen

what if we state that payment is due within 3 days unless otherwise arranged?

brands online
what if we state that payment is due within 3 days unless otherwise arranged?

That WILL affect your cashflow wayne... you put otherwise arranged and 95% of your buyers will want to "arrange". I'm sure you've noticed how so many buyers purchase during the month knowing you'll file a SNC about 7-10 days later (seller dependent), giving them enough time by the end of the month when they get paid to settle....

BumbleBabe

Contacting a seller to make arrangements to pay at month end, surly will up your sales? At the end of the day it is up to you to allow it or not.

Just my 2 cents