Sign in to follow this  
xbertusr

Power Balance Wrist bands

dannyboy48

:sick:I think everyone should calm down. I have bought one of these things, does not work for me at all, think it is all in the mind. Yes it is a ridiculous fashion thing and I wanted one hence I was convinced by a friend who had one that it works for him. Knowing that these things sell for a healthy three digit amount, I was thrilled to get mine for a slender amount. However, I don't think that one single seller forced any of the buyers to bid on their items or to buy one. They scooped it up out own free will. Ok, I haven't seen any that is not advertised as authentic, but this is the same as buying a fake watch. How are you going to claim your money back. what about all the super 14 and curriecup rugby jerseys listed on bob etc. Are they authentic. NO!!!!!! So, maybe the one you bought is actually not a fake, who knows?

jacque31
However, I don't think that one single seller forced any of the buyers to bid on their items or to buy one. They scooped it up out own free will. Ok, I haven't seen any that is not advertised as authentic, but this is the same as buying a fake watch. How are you going to claim your money back.

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you there - although it wasn't advertised as authentic, it wasn't advertised as original either ! Why? . . . because if it was then nobody would have bought it in the first place ! So the buyers was duped :blink:. If I sell something with it's brand name - I sell it as original. I can't sell a Sony product that wasn't made by Sony . . . how is that original. So all these listings that had the exact name, didn't say it was fake ect - how can the seller NOT be blamed for that?

Anyway - real or fake I don't believe the product can do anything - something new come out, a few people need to go crazy about it, and the rest follow ! :rolleyes:

Sarel de Bruin

So if I understand correctly " We at Power Balance South Africa would now sell or allow to sell any of our products on any web site barring our own". What seems to be the problem then?

Sea Dream

well please remove the page for me, i cant seem to locate it.

qball
So if I understand correctly " We at Power Balance South Africa would now sell or allow to sell any of our products on any web site barring our own". What seems to be the problem then?

It is meant to be "not".

kyle2

I think a name change for these devices is in order, how about increasemybankbalance bracelets, thats all they are capable of doing, and this only for the seller or manufacturer.:sick:

Lukeness

So presumably they would be allowed as long as they used a different name.

That way they would be committing the same fraud as the real company, and not more by using their TM name.

clairejaclyn
Hi,

Please be advise no Power Balance bands are allowed on the site and for this reason all are been removed.

There is still a seller on BoB selling power balance bracelets, BoB id 'powerbalance4eve'!

admin

Hi clairejaclyn,

Welcome to the Forum.

The items were removed and the seller advised accordingly.

Thank you :wink:

Sarel de Bruin

Sorry Cuan It was meant to be a joke. On a different subject, why if I may ask are sellers not allowed to answer/rebuttle on this forum page?

brands online
Sorry Cuan It was meant to be a joke. On a different subject, why if I may ask are sellers not allowed to answer/rebuttle on this forum page?

What makes you say that sellers can't answer here Sarel? I'm a seller and often debate with both buyers and sellers on this forum... As long as it's all ethical, kept clean and constructive, anyone can have their say in my experience.

brands online
So presumably they would be allowed as long as they used a different name.

That way they would be committing the same fraud as the real company, and not more by using their TM name.

This would still be "brand infringement" which is subject to copyright. If the article is a replica of an original with all the copyrighted trademarks, patents, etc., then NO, not allowed...

besides I think BOB have been rather straightforward. They state "NO" power bands are allowed on the site...

anerstemens

So glad to hear they are off the site I almost bought , 27 of them and started a thread on he authentication of these items glad to hear its sorted

Sarel de Bruin
What makes you say that sellers can't answer here Sarel? I'm a seller and often debate with both buyers and sellers on this forum... As long as it's all ethical, kept clean and constructive, anyone can have their say in my experience.

Hi brands online.I asked / answered some tecnical questions regarding the legal rights and claims concerning the statements made in the letter from Power Balance and my reply was deleted within a few hours. I wanted to know why I cannot resell a legaly bought item(even if bought from Power Balance SA). Once purchased it is my property after all, and I can sell it or give it away. How can anyone forbid me to do so? How items can automatically be called fakes without any test done on them? I wanted to know if it is considered fair and legal business practice for any company to try and force a monopoly on a product and prevent anyone else from importing and selling a certain product.

In any case, somebody didnt want to see my questions and removed the post.

brands online

Hi Sarel, I can't comment on your post being deleted except that perhaps it contravened some of the forum rules, but there are a couple of things regarding the product. Firstly, BOB I would think reserves the right to decide whether or not an item is allowed on "their" site. It has also always been their policy to do their best to eradicate "counterfeit" or "fake" items from the site. This, from what I gather is already an extremely tedious task. Secondly, Power Bands SA must be the sole "licensed distributor" of a bigger holding company that holds copyright and patents on these bands. They state in their letter that "no-one" else is allowed to supply these bands and that any other bearing the brand are "fake". They also request BOB to help them to stop the sale of these items. BOB's reaction, in my view has been the correct decision. There is a silent code of business practice that applies as well. They did also ask sellers to provide proof that the power bands are original, which if they are, I'm sure Power Bands SA will endorse them. A similar problem existed some time back when fake GHD's wre being sold wholesale on the site. BOB took the same decision then and it remains the correct one.

While there will always be people who disagree with BOB's actions and measures, (I do too at times), they reserve these rights and as users we agree to abide by these terms and conditions as amended when registering. Let's remember they also lose lots of commisions, but the need to protect both the business and buyers and sellers is the more vital.

qball

Thank you Sarel and Brands online for your comments

We have taken a decision to remove these items until such time as we can get 100% clarity as to what is allowed and what is not. This involves copyright issues, trademark infringement, counterfeiting etc. The majority of these items are probably fake and many sellers cannot prove they are authentic. This decision was taken to protect the buyers on the site. I am sure people who have the authentic item do have the right to resell it, however, we have taken a decision to not allow them on the site as it becomes impossible to police and manage due to the number of sellers listing them and the number of items listed.

Sarel de Bruin

Thank you Qball and brands online. When put like that, it makes a lot of sense. I can see the problems BOB has to deal with and understand completely.

lilythepink

Well, in my younger days when we wanted to "balance our bodies" we would put a book on our heads and walk around with it there. That, to my mind, is a great way of aligning (balancing) one's body! So without any ridiculous holograms and such like, there is an easy way to align one's body. :blink1:

cainos125

wonderdealer

bidorbuy ID: 28279990

Cost you R4 but you end up paying international postage clearance etc. Insane.

Anyways i learned my lesson. Dont buy any product thats from hong kong ever again.

Archie2008

power balance bands

power balance fakes sold by gert van zyl

lilythepink
Thank you Sarel and Brands online for your comments

We have taken a decision to remove these items until such time as we can get 100% clarity as to what is allowed and what is not. This involves copyright issues, trademark infringement, counterfeiting etc. The majority of these items are probably fake and many sellers cannot prove they are authentic. This decision was taken to protect the buyers on the site. I am sure people who have the authentic item do have the right to resell it, however, we have taken a decision to not allow them on the site as it becomes impossible to police and manage due to the number of sellers listing them and the number of items listed.

A brilliant decision, Cuan. Tons of thanks.