Sign in to follow this  
xbertusr

Power Balance Wrist bands

xbertusr

Hi All,

Please be advise it is illegal to sell the Power Balance Wrist Bands on the bidorbuy website. We received notification from Power Balance South Africa in this regard. See details below:

"Under no circumstances will any Power Balance Product be authentic that is being sold on Bid or Buy. We at Power Balance South Africa would now sell or allow to sell any of our products on any web site barring our own. Every single Power Balance that is being currently sold on Bid or Buy is Counterfeit and is being done so illegally! There is no way that anyone could get authentic Power Balance Products no matter what documentation they may attain or what they say.

We at Power Balance South Africa would really appreciate any assistance that Bid or Buy could give us in stopping the fraudsters with providing contact details to them as well as removing them off your website.

As Bid or Buy has become a respected Brand in SA hand have standards of expectancy that go with this, we would like Bid or Buy to take our Brand as serious.

Once again we appreciate and thank Bid or Buy for their assistance in this matter and look forward to any other assistance given in the future.

Kind Regards

Gareth Chamier

Accounts Manager

Gauteng & Freestate

Power Balance South Africa"

jphotography

:oh: thanks for the info, good to know this.

brands online

Expected this... uhhhhmmmm, a simple power balance search on the site still yields pages of results. Should we post offenders here like the GHD thread?:unsure:

It's tiresome reporting these items to community watch. Bertus, zap them with a mass delete....

Edited by brands online

Wild Olive Art
Expected this... uhhhhmmmm, a simple power balance search on the site still yields pages of results. Should we post offenders here like the GHD thread?:unsure:

It's tiresome reporting these items to community watch. Bertus, zap them with a mass delete....

It is tiresome , I agree , but I will most certainly make the effort to report them after having bought some of the rubbish !!

It is great to know that BOB has taken a stand against these fraudsters and a stop will be put to selling these fake items to unsuspecting buyers. It is sickening to think how much money these unscrupulous people have already made on the junk they sell.

kyle2

If this is the case, what about all the poor fools who bought this rediculous thing in the first place?:sick:

What recourse, if any, will they have?

The grammar in the email from the power balance people is atrocious, does not say much for the product, fake or not.

Edited by kyle2

brands online
It is tiresome , I agree , but I will most certainly make the effort to report them after having bought some of the rubbish !!

It is great to know that BOB has taken a stand against these fraudsters and a stop will be put to selling these fake items to unsuspecting buyers. It is sickening to think how much money these unscrupulous people have already made on the junk they sell.

And they've certainly made loads... I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. The "sad" part is theres so "many" unscrupulous, unethical people out there, just looking at how many are selling these "fake" bands on BOB. A dishonest world this is...

moppies
If this is the case, what about all the poor fools who bought this rediculous thing in the first place?:sick:

What recourse, if any, will they have?

Good question! What now?

xbertusr

Hi,

Please be advise if the seller did listed the Power Balance Wrist Band to be authentic, the buyer would need to contact the seller and request a refund for the item.

jacque31

So is fakes allowed then, or do they also have to go?

brands online
Hi,

Please be advise if the seller did listed the Power Balance Wrist Band to be authentic, the buyer would need to contact the seller and request a refund for the item.

Hi Bertus, does this mean thatif they were sold as power balance wrist bands but not stated as "authentic", that's okay?:rolleyes:

Surely not...

xbertusr

Hi,

Please be advise no Power Balance bands are allowed on the site and for this reason all are been removed.

kyle2

Yaaay! I for one am glad that these silly fashion accesories(because thats all they are! they don't do anything) are Gone for now! And what makes it even more sweet, is that the bullet comes from the power balance people themselves!:toung:

brands online
Yaaay! I for one am glad that these silly fashion accesories(because thats all they are! they don't do anything) are Gone for now! And what makes it even more sweet, is that the bullet comes from the power balance people themselves!:toung:

And in other threads about this, ppl have sworn it works for them, Hahahahha:toung:

alloway65
And in other threads about this, ppl have sworn it works for them, Hahahahha:toung:

It is all in the mind....mind over matter!!!!

My daughter in law was given one and she said as far as she can ascertain it makes no difference whatsoever!!!

A lot of BoB Sellers of these products will loose a few BoB....oh.....no pun intended!!!

selabi

MMMM so can we get our money back or should we report the seller to the authorities and can BOB assist with reporting the fakes that have been sold? I dont think they care weather the seller stated that it was authentic", or not as they are highly unlikely to state they are fake

jphotography

I have both original and fake and none work!

brands online
I have both original and fake and none work!

ROTFL... :laugh:

what was that earlier post, mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter...

jacque31

See there is 2541 items when doing a search :nuts:

brands online
See there is 2541 items when doing a search :nuts:

you can report the items one by one to community watch jacque31 :toung:

jphotography

:nuts: One by one poor BOB their hands will be full these following days!

alloway65
Hi,

Please be advise no Power Balance bands are allowed on the site and for this reason all are been removed.

:unsure:

Just searched and found a lot of PBB!!!!

qball

Sellers have been asked to remove the items, we unfortunately cannot go through thousands of listings and numerous sellers to do this, if they fail to remove these items we will do a blanket delete. Some seller's have already removed them.

selabi

I am still trying to get an answer as to what action to take in order to get a refund from the sellers who sold these knowing that they where fake and would appreciate BOB input on how to go about reporting these sellers to the relavant authorities for selling counterfeit goods which i believe is a crime and as such would assume that BOB would be quick to act in favour of the buyers and there own reputation.In the past when a seller sold me counterfeit cd BOB gave my details out to the music regulator by the name of Angus who came to my office and collected the CD and i was forced to get my money back from the seller what is the difference here

qball

Please contact the seller for a refund. There is no authority or body that is responsible for these products. You have legal rights in terms of the law, either via small claims court or civil action against the seller. The CD issue was done through RISA/SAFACT. We have acted by removing the listings and warning sellers about these items after contacting Power Balance directly for assistance. However, there is no regulatory body or organisation that deals with these issues and as such there is not much more we can do except remove the listings and warn sellers.

Thank you

Cuan

selabi

thanks Cuan I appreciate your reply

Edited by selabi