Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Payment to International Sellers

Miss Jewels

Just a thought....I see many overseas sellers only accept Paypal, International Wire Transfers, Western Union/Moneybookers & Credit Card. I know that Western Union and Moneybookers is not too safe a methode and the banks actually advise against this. Is there any possibility that BoB can impose BoB Payment only to these international sellers? Also a possibly forced rule that all international sellers be verified? Feedback/Suggestions/Input from other BoBbers?.:rolleyes:

Edited by Miss Jewels
spelling in heading

lilythepink

If it can be done, BoB eft would be a great idea, Miss Jewels! I know we would all feel a lot happier about overseas sellers if this were done and BoB did not pay out until goods were received by a buyer - if that is possible! Would kill the scammers pronto!

Not1CentMore

As an International Seller, under BoB's current approval process, I cannot become Verified. Feedback (rating) seems to be the 'next best thing'.

Insofar as accepting payment EFT or BobPay, without a SA ID number, Passport and other documentation, it is not only 'harder than snot', but nearly impossible to open a SA bank account. No SA bank account - No BoBPay. I am 'thinking' this may be the 'brick wall' other International Sellers are also 'hitting'.

Western Union is not only not safe, it is downright expensive for buyers. EFT to a bank outside SA can be even more so (highway robbery!). Moneybookers sets 'limits' on the amount one can receive. That leaves PayPal and credit/debit cards as the only options. PayPal Personal or Business Verified adds a measure of security as does being PCI DSS Verified - mandated by all US credit card companies to accept payment via credit/debit cards. (Not once, in nearly 7-years of selling on Bob, have my buyer's credit card information been compromised or misused.)

Until something 'better' comes along, I would hope most, if not all, International Sellers would do all they can to simplify payment and protect their buyers.

qball

Unfortunately due to foreign exchange controls and Reserve Bank regulations we cannot pay out foreign sellers.

Kind regards

Cuan