Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Are Bar Items Common (ZEF my broer)?

Pierre_Henri

A bar in a house is super ZEF / common / poor people's haven / blue color sit down /

I just read that in a magazine ...

What does the BoB jury say?

Vinyl Lady Decals

I wouldn't say it's necessarily for poor people, it depends on what kind of stock is kept and I know loads of people who consider themselves well-off who have bars at home. My personal opinion is that it is common, though, as in not high-class. This is just my opinion, from having done bookkeeping for a number of military clubs over the year, please don't shoot me for it.

DestinysAngels

:oops:We have one, not by choice though, it came with the house we bought. We use that room as a study and the bar as a packing space with ornaments etc, underneath i stached all my foto's i took over the years and other memorable items. It's wasted space according to me and my hubby. We don't entertain in that area at all but rather by the pool under the thatch and some green grass, much nicer atmosphere, in any case my hubby drinks a beer maybe 2-3 times a year and i don't drink at all. So when we entertain people drink coolies or they must sort themselves out with other beverages if they preferred. So i have to agree with you on that one. In any case have you ever smelled a house with a bar, not nice, the air is filled with that stale smoke smell and alcohol smell, i hate it, when i smoke i do it outside, at least my family can breath better then!:sneaky:

BumbleBabe

Totally common, my in-laws entertain all the time and they dont have or need a bar. They have their drinks under the tv in the most beautiful full wall Cabernet, a bar fridge and an ice machine in the open plan kitchen. There is no bar to make your drinks or sit at. We all park our selves all over the house. The sports fans in the stiff lounge, the tv watchers in the cozy lounge and the nature lovers outside by the pool. The there is the ever popular dinning table and the front outside. Much better than at a "bar":rolleyes:

babyface2

we do not have a bar and entertain outside by the pool etc. but i do think it is the type of people that makes it common. you get classy people that have bars, lets face it you get common people with or without bars in their houses.

jphotography

We are too poor to afford a bar, so I will say only rich zef people owns a bar hehehehehehe!!! Just joking, many people own bars but depends what you keep in the bar will be classified as zef. No naked lady glasses that is zef!

lilythepink
Totally common, my in-laws entertain all the time and they dont have or need a bar. They have their drinks under the tv in the most beautiful full wall Cabernet, a bar fridge and an ice machine in the open plan kitchen. There is no bar to make your drinks or sit at. We all park our selves all over the house. The sports fans in the stiff lounge, the tv watchers in the cozy lounge and the nature lovers outside by the pool. The there is the ever popular dinning table and the front outside. Much better than at a "bar":rolleyes:

Sounds very much like MrAerospace and I are your in-laws - this is the way we operate, too! LOL

booksallsizes

Ah - now this is interesting... because, while 'zef' may mean 'common', it is now the uber-cool thing to be in popular culture, thanks to Jack Parow and Die Antwoord. So, having a bar may just raise one to extremely high levels of funkiness.... :grin:

Pierre_Henri
Ah - now this is interesting... because, while 'zef' may mean 'common', it is now the uber-cool thing to be in popular culture, thanks to Jack Parow and Die Antwoord. So, having a bar may just raise one to extremely high levels of funkiness.... :grin:

Yep, you may be right, but a home bar are still, for some reason, thought to be uber zef and common ...

Not sure about the younger generation in their 20s - how do they feel about it?