Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Just asking?

BeadsandBaubles

Hi

All those figurines in the Craft Section - are they actually handmade? :suspicious:

Just asking 'cos I am registered with the wholesaler who imports them in bulk (and who by happenstance supplies Cardies as well)? Shouldn't we at least be "trying" to keep items in the correct categories? Seems to be taking a lot of space on the priority listens which should be being utilised by crafting products.

I don't use the priority often, but if I did I would be very pd-off paying for advertising space being flooded by goods being listed in the wrong categories.

Seems like the craft section has become a free for all for "whatever".

Cali Craft and Gems

Yip - those are definitely not "handmade" - they are factory produced by the masses! Should not be in Crafts at all! :mad:

babyface2

well it seems these days all categories is free for all. you can report till you blue in the face and still some sellers seemingly refuse to move the listing to the propper category. also only receive a mail now and then stating that the listing is is not allowed etc. what is the point of repoting if nothing happens:wondering:

qball

Our procedures are as follows, the seller is given a warning, and requested to remove the items. If the same complaint comes in, we can take further action, either by removing all the listings and even disabling their account for a period of a week or two, they will also forfeit any enhanced listing fees if these have been selected.

Please understand we cannot be everywhere and police every single incorrect listing (considering we have almost 500 000 listings per day to monitor), we do have other issues, priorities and investigations that we work on simultaneously, which may take precedence over listing in the incorrect category, for example anti fraud measures and investigations, keeping the site safe on a daily basis etc.

We do appreciate your efforts in reporting these listings and your contributions do make the site safer and more usable.

Thank you for your understanding in this regard.

Cuan

BeadsandBaubles

what is the point of repoting if nothing happens:wondering:

Although problem is sometimes people just can't seem to find where to list - has happened to me a few times, :oops: but once I find the correct category I move the listing (and hopefully to the correct spot) Can't exactly punish for small mistakes - so there may be a problem of exactly what to do about it. But certainly if it has been reported and is quite clearly in the incorrect category, it should be moved. Unfortunately most even don't bother about reporting these things.

I'd suggest that if a certain listing has been reported by at least 3 other persons, then it should be automatically moved to a "special" category called 'Too Lazy to Categorise" :toung::grin: