Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Selling in the Classifieds Section.

wayjen    10
wayjen

We put our daughters car in the Classifieds section and BoB takes their money for that which is fine by me but...........

I had 3 responses to the ad and 2 were from the same person but here's the thing.

the person that responded twice is not receiving my emails because they are bouncing back to my inbox and the second person to respond has not come back to me so basically we are in limbo and not getting any potential sales from this.

The person with the bouncing email may or may not be genuine and the 2nd person may not have received my email or if they have then a reply of "yes" lets do business or "no" i don't want it.

I have emailed the big guys and gals in the office at BoB HQ about this and I await their reply.

Any of you guys had problems on the classifieds side or have any advice on what to do further?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I tried the classifieds for a friend who wanted to sell fly-making stuff (for fishing). Got plenty of hits but no takers. Rather a waste of money, I thought, but am also interested to hear what others think of the classifieds.

wayjen    10
wayjen

i know it works for some and i guess it's like any other classified but not being able to communicate with potential buyers me with an uneasy feeling that i am missing something.

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

Hello Trolleyman and The Beak,

I had a Hilux listed in March and paid for all the extra advertising etc. which worked out to R250 if I'm not mistaking. I received loads of responses and sold the bakkie in a week. The thing is I still receive responses to the ad 7 months later eventhough I closed the listing. I guess with the classifieds you must either go all out or go home as my previous regular classified didn't receive as much attention. I know if you take the full package BoB advertises on other websites as well and that BoB-IT rocks in SEO so the listings are picked up the following day on google as well.

wayjen    10
wayjen

yeah i remember you telling me about your vehicle Bertman.

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

oops the memory is overworked:oops:

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha and underpaid.

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

You can say that again! (not really:razz:)