Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

What would you do?

SProducts

I have a buyer who bought a watch from me last month. I got an email from him that the watch is not working and I replied and asked for more information so I can help and suggest. I got no reply, a few days later he rated me negative and I replied to the rating and still asked him to email me with information.

Nothing again and after a few days he changed the rating to neutral. The comment was "I had to take the watch to be fixed at an extra cost to me".

A few days later again the buyer emails me and informs me that he took teh watch to a jeweller and they changed the battery and it worked for a while and stopped again. He now says he wants a replacement or his money back.

I then informs him that since the watch has been to a jeweller I cannot exchange it and will have to send for fixing under warranty. Its been a roller-coaster of me trying to explain that he should have returned it to me and him saying he bought a new watch and that's what he wants or his money.

Today I got a call from him, a very threatening call and he still doesnt want to return the watch to me untill I want to give him his replacement or money back. First he said he was in sales and I was wrong and then he said he's a lawyer and he will sue me and then he wanted to meet me where I stay and again he was shouting me.

I told him to send the watch so I check it to the post office address I have already given, but he said he doesnt trust me and he will send it to Bidorbuy and not to me.

I'm not threatened by him being a lawyer or even the president of SA, when you buy something and it doesnt work you simply return it. If you take it to a repairman then the warranty and all guarantees are null.

Would you refund the buyer just to get them off your back or replace it?

Sipho

mellowred

Sipho, sometimes people just harass you to get away with something for nothing.

Personally I get pleasure out of providing great service, but when approached with an unnecessary bad attitude I respond in kind.

I would stand my ground on this one.

YSLMAGIC

he did his own nonsense , you shouldnt worry about it , he should have sent it back to you and thats that

DestinysAngels

:thinking:Sipho, block his e-mails and ignore him, as you said when he took it to a jeweller the guarantee became null and void, normally this is just big talk by small people!

jacque31

Leave it at that, if he is serious about taking it further then you will hear from him later when he actually takes it further. So don't stress about it until such a time. That's how I see it anyway :push:

SProducts

Well thanks guys, you have no idea how you re-energised me I was giving up. I think I need to be fair to myself, I will not let the buyer bully me.

I will still offer good service and have the watch fixed if its returned to me.

Sipho

YSLMAGIC

that sounds more then fair

SProducts

Well the plot thickens, I received the watch. It wasnt in the box that comes with and there cushion inside that hold the watch was also not there. The worst is the watch is working, could be there something loose that makes it to work and stop I dont know but its working 100%. I even tried the chronograph dials and they are working fine.

Now it will look like I am calling the buyer a liar, it has happened before when I told the buyer the returned product is working and it created a huge noise. I shot a small video of the watch and emailed to the buyer, just waiting to hear when does he sue me or shoot me dead!

Sipho

lilythepink

Chill, Sipho. Take some deep breaths and chill. The buyer isn't worthy of your anxiety and I'm pretty sure he won't sue you (it costs money to hire lawyers today!) and he can't shoot you dead if he doesn't know where you live. Good luck - I'm sure this will all sort itself out with the help of the BoB team.

anerstemens

send the thing back , no need to stress about non-sense to many people are offering bad service you have gone out of your way no need to stress leave it and move on

SProducts

Its buyers like these that shouldn't be on Bidorbuy. I had a buyer who bought a phone and on receipt while checking it the phone fell and the glass. She was honest with it and I helped her to fix it and we were all happy.

Buyers should take responsibility of their mistakes and stop blaming sellers.

Sipho