Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

What is going on with Buyers on BoB these days?

wayjen

As I have mentioned plenty of times before, people are still making up their own postage even after they get their confirmation emails on what to pay.

We have now a handful of Buyers short paying for their items and it all has to do with postage. We send them emails as to how much they must pay and we have been doing it for over a year now but for some reason these people cannot read or understand that we do not determine the postage that BoB or the Post Office charge. now BoB say "file an SNC" with regards to short payments, how on earth can you run a business or make a living this way because for 14 days you need to wait to see what happens and then you either get your postage or you have to refund the Buyer. Now for 14 days your item lays in limbo because it was bought and not completely paid for and other people could have wanted to bid on it.

something is seriously wrong somewhere in the chain of kinks.

My other gripe is people who continually bid on items which can go on for months. Example. item(s) is on for a week and Buyer wins but decides to bid on something else. Second item(s) come off and email is sent but buyer bids on something else. This goes on for a month.

It's not the first time we had this happen and this time we closed the second or third lot of sales and now the buyer does not do anything.

this don't work in my book.

Guest Guest

I Second that. If I say R 50.00 per KG for example. and the parcel is only 2 KG, they pay only for 1 KG , is that fair?

babyface2

yes some buyers think that we are actually charity organisations. i have one buyer who paid fir the item won. then gave me a negative rating after i have emailed him about the shipping costs about a million times. he then changes rating but still do not pay the postage and i am still sitting with his money. no corrospondence from him:surprised: he must have too much money floating around.

i think the way to go is file neutral rating and if that does not work file negative if that does not work these are obviously not serious buyers and will probably just fade away never to be heard od again.

Guest Guest

I listed two items. They must see how to calculate postage as per SAPO formula

wayjen

oh yes and the new thing is "i never received your email" when the email gets sent from the same pc the same way for everyone and only one or two don't get it. i wonder if they actually check the SPAM box before saying they never received the emails.

anthony03

Then you get the sellers who profiteer on postage -charge people for registered mail and send it ordinary mail with a tracking number -no wonder some buyers are putting on what they consider fair.

babyface2
Then you get the sellers who profiteer on postage -charge people for registered mail and send it ordinary mail with a tracking number -no wonder some buyers are putting on what they consider fair.

yes there is some sellers that rips off with postage but no need to put all sellers under the same bucket. if sellers do not have postage listed ask questions if you feel postage is too high do not bid easy as that

Vinyl Lady Decals

That's the problem. Buyers tend to think that all sellers on BoB are the same.

I can't tell you the number of times I've been treated badly because a buyer had a bad experience buying from a previous seller.

moppies

What makes my "flip" is buyers with 100% ratings (400 and above) that completes an order but do not make a move on payment ! I do not want to be a "party-pooper" but goodness gracious - how long does a seller have to wait for their money? I could have sold the items if knew that the buyer has no intention to pay!!!

brands online
Then you get the sellers who profiteer on postage -charge people for registered mail and send it ordinary mail with a tracking number -no wonder some buyers are putting on what they consider fair.[/quote

How can a buyer put on what they feel is fair if a seller states his costs upfront and he/she chooses to buy? That's ridiculous. Pay what you're supposed to pay and that's that.... This nonsense of buyers dictating terms 'after' a contract has been entered into is simply not on. If a buyer shortpays us, even 10 rand, we don't send the item....

And sellers who are not ethical in their manner of conducting businessshould also be reported.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I dont condone profiteering on postage but buyers must acquaint themselves with sellers postage rates and if exhorbitant then must not bid!!

However there is no tracking number on ordinary mail so i do not know what anthony is referring to?What can happen is that a parcel is too large for registration and is then sent by econoparcel with tracking no and this is about R1.20 CHEAPER than registered but can by no means be decribed as a seller ripping off a buyer as this would then be the the practical thing to do .

NEIL

Guest Guest

It seems everyone said something and now there is nothing left for me to say except ....... :hm:Oh, Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Wild Olive Art

I had a buyer threaten to "report"me yesterday for not sending a product that she had NOT paid for.

When completing the order , she added R16 for overnight shipping ( R56) . I reversed the credit card payment and immediately informed her of her "mistake" requesting that she pay the correct amount. No payment was ever received and when I replied to her email threatening to report me , she replied saying she was no longer interested in the item . Such a waste of my time !

brands online

Today, she's a good day for me, so not gonna complain about buyers for now... Couple of unfair negatives still hanging in the balance. Giving buyers some time to adjust before complaining to BOB, some SNC's to file..., but that's about it. No nagging emails today, no pesty buyers, no queries, I feel wonderful!!! Can't wait till after Crazy Wednesday tomorrow... :razz:

wayjen

once again i will bring up this point regarding postage.

the post office give you a rate for a parcel with a size and another rate for weight well thats all good and well but if you want to package that parcel securly to avoid breakage it will push the article up to the next rate bracket and people do not realise this.

if you send a parcel to a buyer without secure packaging because they did not want to pay postage and it gets there broken then what, a negative rating.

wayjen

*keep cool...breath deep....*

a buyer wins a bid on two items weighing about 1.5kg each. gets an email for postage and queries why the postage is not R20 when it is a small parcel (about 30cm in length). HELLO!!!!! what about the 3kg policy from the post office??????????????????????

DennisPM

Hi

As a frequent buyer, and hopefully fast payer, I have to respond to this thread.

It is irritating when a seller does not give any indication of what the postage is on an item other than a "contact the seller" who very often does not respond before the bid expires. The other cause of irritation when an article is offered and the postage rate is given in as "Rx for the first kg, etc.". It is all fime, except how is the buyer to know the weight of the item especially on combined order.

Very often if I win an item, I have to wait up to 2 days before I can confirm the purchase because the seller does not confirm the my order and send me the payment details and postage costs.

After a frustrating weekend where I am still waiting for payment details and postage costs from a number of sellers, I have taken a personal decision not to bid on items unless the postage information is given or can be reasonable surmised up front.

My two cents worth.....

Regards

Dennis

alloway65

We need some more professionalism from certain BoB Sellers...most BoB Buyers can generally be classed as BoB amateurs and Sellers as part time BoB business people…and should know better!!

wayjen

all very valid points and we need to keep learning from each other. the way we work it is, once an item or items have been won on auction we email the buyer the postage price. If the buyer has items coming off in the same week we either hold out for them or ask the buyer if we must wait and then ship altogether.

kebs

I agree with you DennisPM - I will not bid if the postage is not stated upfront.. Why not just put it in the listing? What's the big secret? & it makes more work for yourself anyway if you're the seller because most people will be asking you before bidding..

lilythepink

Wayne - I see veto11 has started a thread about a WW2 gas mask. I suggest you consider acquiring it as this may just help you breathe properly when dealing with wayward buyers!

brands online
I agree with you DennisPM - I will not bid if the postage is not stated upfront.. Why not just put it in the listing? What's the big secret? & it makes more work for yourself anyway if you're the seller because most people will be asking you before bidding..

The 'secret' for these sellers is: 'Let's see how much we get. If it's not enough, we can always then make a bit up on the shipping charges..." Not too much of a secret...:disgusted:

Vegar

How can you expect the buyer to calculate the shipping by themselves ????

I have never had a problem with getting the correct shipping payment - for the simple reason that I make good use of the shipping categories BoB has so generously set up.

ziggy2000

Buyers of Antiques and Collectibles are the BEST!!! I notice a trend lately where buyers pay too much for postage, and substantially so!?! When I contact them to say they have made a mistake and request banking details to do a refund, I am often told that they have CHOSEN to pay more? OK, now I keep a ready supply of gifts to include in parcels :)))

wayjen

we had a buyer like that who doubled up on everything but we refunded them.