Sign in to follow this  
anerstemens

Power Balance

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

I am now a bit worried I bought 26 Power Bance Bracelets for our shop in Bloem, in a :confused other thread I read the site might be over flowing with fakes I have not paid and was planning on paying via cash deposit tomorrow morning, the seller is verified and I have e-mailed him about the situation and if he can confirm if these are genuine, I would please like to know what is going to happen if he replies they are genuine and I pay and I then find out they are fakes , would the verified seller thing then cover me or what bit stressed please help? :confused:

Edited by anerstemens
Spelling

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
I am now a bit worried I bought 26 Power Bance Bracelets for our shop in Bloem, in a :confused other thread I read the site might be over flowing with fakes I have not paid and was planning on paying via cash deposit tomorrow morning, the seller is verified and I have e-mailed him about the situation and if he can confirm if these are genuine, I would please like to know what is going to happen if he replies they are genuine and I pay and I then find out they are fakes , would the verified seller thing then cover me or what bit stressed please help? :confused:

sorry to say ....if you got it cheap , it probably is fake........there are far too many people selling them now

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

oh and I know i made a mistake in the heading it is Power ,

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

genuine power balance band holograms have the words authentic/genuine/valid on them when you move them different ways. they have a big pb in the centre of it and the band is stretchier than the fake ones.

brands online    10
brands online

If you receive fake power bands from the seller, report it to BOB. I dunno if you're covered, but they will attend to the seller.

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
If you receive fake power bands from the seller, report it to BOB. I dunno if you're covered, but they will attend to the seller.

i think first wait for the seller to confirm that it is authentic dont take the chance , especially for the reason you buying it

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

He says it genuine I have not asked him to send only one so I can confirm if it is, will keep updated. Regards

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art
genuine power balance band holograms have the words authentic/genuine/valid on them when you move them different ways. they have a big pb in the centre of it and the band is stretchier than the fake ones.

I am sure that most of the Power Bands being sold on this site are fake . The 2 I bought are definitely fake , I reported this to BOB and yet the seller is still selling masses of them.

Some sellers claim to have obtained these bands from the same manufacturer as the authentic bands - Personally I find this claim absolute RUBBISH ! Surely a brand name product would not allow the people manufacturing their product to manufacture thousands of the same item for worldwide distribution at ridiculously low prices - it would be corporate suicide !

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

The seller send me this e-mail this morning: hey ....... ek het die Power Balance na laat kyk en hy se dit lyk nie eg nie so ek gaan dit trug stuur en my geld trug kry so ek gaan nie vir jou stuur nie is beter so anders mors ons net pos geld

Jammer vir die ongerief, dankie .... name

And the thing is he went and rated me positively "Very Professional Buyer ** Fast Payment ** Highly Recommanded "

I have not paid a cent ... hmmmmm

jacque31    10
jacque31
And the thing is he went and rated me positively "Very Professional Buyer ** Fast Payment ** Highly Recommanded "

I have not paid a cent ... hmmmmm

Maybe just trying that you maybe not kick up a fuss about the situation :wondering:

brands online    10
brands online

Wonder if they\ll remove the listings from the site.....:rolleyes:

RAJRULES1    10
RAJRULES1

:mad: I hate fakes being sold as genuine. If you really want to sell a fake, then sell it as a fake! Claiming it is genuine when you know it is not is fraud, regardless of how cheap it was sold.

I bought Breo watches for R300 each for my 3 kids, but now find ionic watches looking exactly the same but selling for R1 each.:mad:

My kids actually think I bought 3 x R1 watches for them:amuse:

BoB needs to make a clear policy statement that no fakes be sold as genuine on the site. A lot of sellers will be lost, but at least one can buy a items in confidence.

qball    10
qball
:mad: I hate fakes being sold as genuine. If you really want to sell a fake, then sell it as a fake! Claiming it is genuine when you know it is not is fraud, regardless of how cheap it was sold.

I bought Breo watches for R300 each for my 3 kids, but now find ionic watches looking exactly the same but selling for R1 each.:mad:

My kids actually think I bought 3 x R1 watches for them:amuse:

BoB needs to make a clear policy statement that no fakes be sold as genuine on the site. A lot of sellers will be lost, but at least one can buy a items in confidence.

Our terms do state that the seller must not break the law or sell items that they are not authorised to. We will investigate any seller who is misrepresenting or selling fake/copied/counterfeit items and will take the necessary measures to ensure they adhere to the policies. Please report any suspicious activity to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

Thank you

Cuan

vicvtr    10
vicvtr

I am in the same boat,bought 10 of them on BOB to resell in my shop,now a other shop selling them phoned me and told me i am probably selling fakes and if power balance make the rounds they can give me a hefty penalty for selling them .How do i know that they are fakes and are there any legal implications selling them even if i thought they are the geniune product?

Thanks

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

BOB should seriously do something about these sellers.

The easiest way to see a fake is by looking at the hologram . You will be able to see the words "authentic" and '' genuine" on them.

The bracelets I bought do not have this wording on the holograms. When you hold it against a genuine bracelet , the difference is obvious. :mad:

kyle2    10
kyle2

I would'nt sell this placebo to anyone whether fake or not. This is however my opinion and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way. This type of device relies completely on wether or not you believe it can work for you or not. There is physically nothing in the thing that would cause it to give you any sense of well being or correct your balance whatso-ever.

It is purely an expensive fashion accessory.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I hope that everbody takes what I have said here as purely a word to the wise.:rolleyes:

I would happily eat one if it could be proven beyond a doubt and in a scientifically, intrument measureable way that it actually does what the manufacturers claim.

Edited by kyle2

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have a cousin in East London who suffers badly with arthritis. She swears this power balance thingie works. But, like you say Kyle2, if one believes in something then it usually does work!

brands online    10
brands online
I would'nt sell this placebo to anyone whether fake or not. This is however my opinion and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way. This type of device relies completely on wether or not you believe it can work for you or not. There is physically nothing in the thing that would cause it to give you any sense of well being or correct your balance whatso-ever.

It is purely an expensive fashion accessory.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I hope that everbody takes what I have said here as purely a word to the wise.:rolleyes:

I would happily eat one if it could be proven beyond a doubt and in a scientifically, intrument measureable way that it actually does what the manufacturers claim.

I believe all scientific evidence currently points to this all being a big ...........SCAM! Because of the gullibility of so many wearers, there is currently a study going on to 'measure' the effect the power of 'mind over matter' actually has. It is of course no use trying to convince these firm believers. I have buds who swear it works for them. I think the fear of having to admit they're 'suckers' overpowers the will to admit it's a scam :laugh:

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art
Our terms do state that the seller must not break the law or sell items that they are not authorised to. We will investigate any seller who is misrepresenting or selling fake/copied/counterfeit items and will take the necessary measures to ensure they adhere to the policies. Please report any suspicious activity to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

Thank you

Cuan

These items have been reported a number of times. I personally reported this months ago . There is no question that they are fake and yet buyers are still being defrauded here on BoB by these unscrupulous sellers.

I have reported the seller that I purchased Power Balance bracelets from to Power Balance via the "report a fake"section on their website.

I am very annoyed at having wasted money on fake items !

qball    10
qball

We are busy investigating. Holograms can be replicated. Please allow us the time to get proof and other evidence. These are not the only items we are investigating or are busy with.

Thank you

Cuan