Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Counterfeit Items

SProducts
Hi Sipho,

The ultimate goal is to have no counterfeit items on bidorbuy as it is illegal and against the listing policy. However, as I am sure you can imagine, it is impossible to "police" the thousands of new listings daily on bidorbuy, hence the statement in the Terms and Conditions and the Listing Policy that the sellers agree not to list fake/illegal items. Having said that, the listings are checked as far as humanly possible on a daily basis for these items and either removed if it is an obvious fake or proof of authenticity requested from the seller when uncertain.

When a possible fake item is reported to community watch, it is preferred that proof is supplied with the report as it saves valuable time and immediate action can be taken. It has happened, and I am sure will continue to, that sellers items are reported as fake by someone because of personal issues between the two parties. This takes a lot of time to investigate only to find that the accusation is false, this time could have been used on other serious issues that needed quick action.

Every report is taken seriously and fully investigated, whether proof was supplied or not, the seller is requested to supply proof of authenticity, which is thoroughly checked out when given to bidorbuy.

Thank you Admin!

brands online
ok so now what I have is fake and you say you bought fake ones how about a link to your purchase and some proof :blink: heres the thing about online auction sites theres no middle man 'supplier' so no high mark up, also I know Markus runs a shop and if he sells fakes is all his stuff fake like his boxed wallets

I can direct you to a shop in JHB that sells the same 'fake' wallets 'boxed' in designer boxes if you'd like. I also agree, take the items to any legitimate distributor for verification. They're called counterfeit as all the identifiable markings have been copied. One tends to remember all those GHD's with serial numbers...:unsure:

MsPlod
I bought a wallet and believe its fake, very poor quality. But trying to prove that is a long process for R120.00.

This is the crux of the matter IMO. There are a number of traders who take advantage of the fact that folks are unlikely to go the legal route, or even the verification route, for relatively low-cost items.

Whether it is fake (or bad quality) gems, fake clothing or fake wallets (etc. etc.) - spending R1000 (in time and/or actual money) on trying to verify something which cost less than R200 is not sensible - so the unethical traders (or the ones who simply do not take the time to ensure the identity of their items) are getting away with it almost every time.

Digitrade

I can direct you to a shop in JHB that sells the same 'fake' wallets 'boxed' in designer boxes if you'd like.

They also sell lovely Guess and LV Handbags. You must see the sunglasses!

Wild Olive Art

I think that if a seller is reported for selling fake goods , the responsibility lies with that seller to prove that the goods are authentic . It is far easier for the seller to prove authenticity with the documentation that they surely must have, giving them authority to sell the goods. Any authentic brand name enters into an agreement with their authorized sellers. Sellers who are unable to produce this documentation should have items removed from Bidorbuy.

It is seldom possible for buyers to prove goods are fake unless they have actually purchased the goods - unscrupulous sellers are well aware of this and this leaves the market wide open for them to continue their fraudulent practices.

MsPlod
...the responsibility lies with that seller to prove that the goods are authentic.

Wild applause!

Skeletonkey
I also bought many items from skeletonkey with no problems on the authencity, I had a look at the Levi's I bought and to me they look legit according to the links that was posted.

Hi Guys...

Hope you are all well...

My first thought was not to reply on this thread but im the so called ' leader ' in the clothing catacory....so i will try my best to answer any questions..

Juanita ( jphotography ) and Elaine ( Da lion 619 ) you guys have combined bought over 100 items from me over the past 2 years, i think if anyone should know if the items are authentic and off good quality then its you guys. ( Thank you for the positive feedback ). MJ ( krips ) i understand that you were unhappy with the items that you recieved and the neutral ratings that i gave you, i will ofcourse change it. And hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Ive been in the clothing isdustry for most of my working life, and was also an area manager for a large south african franschised clothing store ( wont mention the name )....its very easy to import your own authentic items ( anyone can do it )..its no secret that retails stores work with a mark up of up to 400% on certain items. Have a look at www.alibaba.com anyone can import and sell their own items.

I also had to supply bid or buy with the proper proof of auntenticity before i couls start selling clothes on BoB....i did that in september of 2009. I think i have a pretty good track record and 99% of customers are happy with the items that they buy.

I look forward to answering any questions...

Regards

Markus

jphotography

I agree with Markus, and as he said I bought many items from him, with NO problems, love his items to bits.

DA_LION_619

Time for thread closure ?

brands online
They also sell lovely Guess and LV Handbags. You must see the sunglasses!

You know it too :awesome:

That's why I live in Cape Town now...:toung:

brands online

Jeans - ( Size 34 )( New Style ) - Mens GUESS Premium Blue Jeans for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:28766816)

Counterfeit Item. If the seller is so prepared to answer any questions, then let him provide proof of authenticity for this item. The item also bears a Truworths "price tag". The price tag is also a "counterfeit" item. It's very easy to sell 2 or 3 original items and the rest are counterfeit. That is exactly what is going on here. Guess "Premium" does NOT make this jeans. I have a store at the waterfront and this pic was shown to them along with

Shirts - ( Guess Premuim ) - Mens Golf T - ( X Large ) for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:28765628)

They've confirmed the items are not of any Guess premium range. I have been asked to provide where I got the pics from. I don't want to do all that. Along with other sellers who trade here, just like the site to kept free of this type of thing. These "explanations" etc. are utter nonsense. Counterfeit items are being mixed with an original here and there. The bulk is counterfeit. That's it, end of story...

If the seller is that willing, please provid eproof of authenticity for the items in question. There's lots more up for sale by the seller currently that "I" know are fake cos I can point you to places to buy these "fakes. I don't want to attack anyone, but the entire "deception" is rather obvious! :mad:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ALL

Interesting explanation offered.However the seller refrains from categorically stating that the items he sells are authentic and genuine in all respects.In my opinion this would be a natural response to any allegations.I am sure there will be different conclusions drawn from this response by the seller

.I also believe bob should be more pro-active on the selling of counterfeit items as this is and always will be problem with serious consequences for all parties concerned.I understand the logistical problem this poses but please work towards having measures in place to counteract this and so that all can see that bob is serious about this problem.

NEIL

Thread will probably be closed now!!

brands online
Hi Guys...

Hope you are all well...

My first thought was not to reply on this thread but im the so called ' leader ' in the clothing catacory....so i will try my best to answer any questions..

Juanita ( jphotography ) and Elaine ( Da lion 619 ) you guys have combined bought over 100 items from me over the past 2 years, i think if anyone should know if the items are authentic and off good quality then its you guys. ( Thank you for the positive feedback ). MJ ( krips ) i understand that you were unhappy with the items that you recieved and the neutral ratings that i gave you, i will ofcourse change it. And hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Ive been in the clothing isdustry for most of my working life, and was also an area manager for a large south african franschised clothing store ( wont mention the name )....its very easy to import your own authentic items ( anyone can do it )..its no secret that retails stores work with a mark up of up to 400% on certain items. Have a look at www.alibaba.com anyone can import and sell their own items.

I also had to supply bid or buy with the proper proof of auntenticity before i couls start selling clothes on BoB....i did that in september of 2009. I think i have a pretty good track record and 99% of customers are happy with the items that they buy.

I look forward to answering any questions...

Regards

Markus

HI ALL

Interesting explanation offered.However the seller refrains from categorically stating that the items he sells are authentic and genuine in all respects.In my opinion this would be a natural response to any allegations.I am sure there will be different conclusions drawn from this response by the seller

.I also believe bob should be more pro-active on the selling of counterfeit items as this is and always will be problem with serious consequences for all parties concerned.I understand the logistical problem this poses but please work towards having measures in place to counteract this and so that all can see that bob is serious about this problem.

NEIL

Thread will probably be closed now!!

I agree, if a seller is so "proud" about being a leader in the clothing category, then I'm sure BOB can take the time to verify these items are authentic. I'm pretty sure "Canterbury", "Guess", "Levi's", etc. would be only too haapy to oblige if a list with the pics posted are faxed or mailed to them for verification. They seem rather eager to prosecute on the matter.

Skeletonkey
I agree, if a seller is so "proud" about being a leader in the clothing category, then I'm sure BOB can take the time to verify these items are authentic. I'm pretty sure "Canterbury", "Guess", "Levi's", etc. would be only too haapy to oblige if a list with the pics posted are faxed or mailed to them for verification. They seem rather eager to prosecute on the matter.

Hi Guys..

Thank you for the comments posted...

Brands online - My main concern in posting a reply earlier in this thread was that it would turn into a personal attack. And this is exactlly what is hapening, Is the forum not a place for constructive conversation...?

In your earlier threat you mentioned that the item has a Truworths Tag...? This is totally false....where do you get that from...? If you would like me to send you two of the items in question then i will do so with great pleasure....you can then inspect them and maybe report back...?

Regards

DA_LION_619

Hi I have just received my Levi's 501 jeans from Skeletonkey all I can say is awesome as always, They came sealed in a plastic bag, in the bag was a Levi's packet also my jeans with all the tags on, further more I checked the jeans against sites that compared original to fakes and I found nothing wrong everything was on par, also to note I never knew Levi's jeans were made in South Africa if someone needs pictures of the jeans to put up it would be my pleasure

Guest Guest

hangon guys this is a forum , not a fight , admin where are you???

brands online

Hi Markus, that shouldn't be your main concern. this isn't a personal attack, it is what it is. Had it been anyone else, it ould have been the same thing. the fact that you do it on such a large scale is worse and that was bound to catch someone's attention sooner or later.

The request was very simple as well.

Jeans - ( 30Only ) - Mens GUESS Blue Jeans ( Blue ) for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:28766800)

is a fake item. The reference to the Truworths label was made because 'suppliers' of these fake items are using that label. The label also shows clearly on the item, even though the Truworths part has been removed. The request was clear and simple. Provide proof that the item in the link provided is a genuine Guess Premium jeans. I don't have the time for rigamarole. I have it on good authority from GUESS Premium V&A Waterfront that the item is a counterfeit! Like I said, this isn't a personal attack or I can simply point them in your direction. My business is on the site, that's all...

If you choose to proceed, yes, send me the exact jeans in the link I've just posted and I will then get Guess Premium to authenticate it. No problem. Not any other one, but that one. Like I mentioned earlier, it's easy to mix counterfeit things in with a few original. btw, Canterbury is also at the waterfront, if confirmation is needed about the Springbok tops being fake as well...

This is not a small matter, but a serious crime. That you've made quick bucks off unsuspecting buyers is for your conscience, but in the spirit of good trade, this can't be allowed.

brands online

No-one fighting here Snet :smile:

But yes, it is a 'direct' accusation as this is not me sucking my thumb to pull things out.

If the seller can provide what's asked, that should be that and I will also then make a 'direct' apology here in the forum :smile:

Skeletonkey

HI Brandsonline...

Thank you for the reply...

My feeling is that this is a personal attack ...

I can assure you that it is virtually impossible to tell if a item is a fake by looking at a picture alone. Have you taken a minute to have a look at my ratings...? Have you read the comments....? 99 % of my clients are happy !! I cant say the same for you my friend....have you even read some of your own rating....? Over 30 Negatives and 100 Neutrals...? People are unhappy with quality of the items that you sell....one comment read ' cheap rubbish '.....? Is that in the spirit of good trade...? Why do you not refund people of their hard earned cash if they are unhappy...?

Markus

brands online

If I come across that strongly, then I apologise for that upfront. The same however remains.

Guess Premium took one look at the pics and verified the items as 'fake'. I can get a letter from them if you'd like, that;s no problem too. We have a very good relationship with all the store owners at the waterfront. That would entail pointing them in your direction. I don't want to do that. Like I said earlier, honesty is imperative because dishonesty in any way or form from ANYONE on bidorbuy affects all us sellers.

Again, I can PM you my address if you'd like me to do the verification for you. I'll even pay R100 for the jeans cos that's what I can get them for in central JHB, (funny enough 2 streets from the High Court).

I don't think it's a personal attack to push a seller to back their claims...

As for my ratings, we haven't stolen a cent from anyone. We sell toys, these toys sometimes break. You are also most welcome to investigate any/all of our items that are sold as original or "branded".

We don't sell happiness, but we do deal in honesty. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to point that out.

Edited by brands online

xbertusr

Hi,

Please be advise bidorbuy did received the necessary proof of authenticity for the items been sold by Skeletonkey in 2009 already.

Please be advise the thread will be closed as its becoming personal attack on the seller.