Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Counterfeit Items

brands online    10
brands online

Should there be a permanent thread to report sellers selling or suspected of selling counterfeit items here, does anyone think. I've just come across another 4 or 5 that are DEFINITELY selling 'fake' itmes. Some of them are using deceptice ploys by saying that 'they saw the item, it looked good, but they can't say if it's real or not'!, but are advertising it as the 'brand' name and others are just blatantly doing it. Trouble is, if I report it to Community Watch, they're probably going to ask me to provide proof the items are fake, but the seller should actually provide proof that it is original. It's actually rather sad to see so many buyers scammed. There's a seller even showing fake tags of 'Totalsports' on the items. Yet the seller has over 6000 and 99.9% ratings. As a buyer and seller and someone who believes the future of BOB lies in stamping this kind of thing out now, because piracy and brand infringement is a very serious matter, what do other BOBbers think?

Edited by brands online

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Should there be a permanent thread to report sellers selling or suspected of selling counterfeit items here, does anyone think. I've just come across another 4 or 5 that are DEFINITELY selling 'fake' itmes. Some of them are using deceptice ploys by saying that 'they saw the item, it looked good, but they can't say if it's real or not'!, but are advertising it as the 'brand' name and others are just blatantly doing it. Trouble is, if I report it to Community Watch, they're probably going to ask me to provide proof the items are fake, but the seller should actually provide proof that it is original. It's actually rather sad to see so many buyers scammed. There's a seller even showing fake tags of 'Totalsports' on the items. Yet the seller has over 6000 and 99.9% ratings. As a buyer and seller and someone who believes the future of BOB lies in stamping this kind of thing out now, because piracy and brand infringement is a very serious matter, what do other BOBbers think?

agreed 110%

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Agreed the same set of rules count for everyone

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I agree that sellers should have to prove the authenticity of their items ! It is a shame that there are so many fake items for sale, it's fraud . The Power Balance items are another good example . The Power Balance goods being sold on this site are fake( I know , I bought a couple ) and yet masses of them are being sold to unsuspecting buyers . If anybody takes the time to actually go to the Power Balance website , they will see quite clearly that these sellers are not authorized sellers. The site has a list of known unauthorized resellers , it's only a matter of time before Bidorbuy is listed there alongside ebay and amazon.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

are the powerbalance items fake on BOB how can I spot a fake one?

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

The authentic Power Balance, according to the Power Balance website, have a seal of approval on them , the fake ones do not , so unfortunately , if you are buying online , you don't know that it's a fake until you get it .

I have a fake one - easy to see because the" hologram" does not reflect colour when moved in the light - it is plain silver.

The price, like most counterfeit goods should tell you a story though . The authentic items sell for R495 !

One of the sellers on BOB actually admits to not being an authorized seller and the Power Balance website warns that they cannot guarantee the authenticity of the items when you buy from unauthorized outlets !!

There is a list of authorized sellers on the Power Balance website.

I should have known better when I bought them off BOB at a cheap price but I am really annoyed at having been ripped off.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

Handbags & Bags - ---LOVE KILLS SLOWLY --- PASSION POWER!!!! for sale in Johannesburg (ID:27930914)

these are listing that irritate me, ED HARDY INSPIRED HAND/KIT BAG

Its just wrong to the unsuspecting bidder

look at the Q&A

Hi i bought an ed hardy bag from you a while ago and you send the wrong one. i have sent numerous emails and gotten no reply. you said you would replace it. please let me kno wats going on. - Asked by mellos (10 )

16 Aug 16:06

hi you would need to return the incorrect 1 to us , so please return it and we will then send you whichever 1 you like

16 Aug 17:42

He doesn't even mention its not a Ed Hardy bag

knirps    10
knirps

Certain Sellers sell counterfeit Levi's Jeans. This particular seller has to date sold over 2000 "Levi's", by his own admission, that's R1,400,000 worth of counterfeit products sold with the help of BoB.That's only Levi's the same is true for Diesel etc. 6000 items plus sold, giving it a market value of R4,200,000, assuming R700 per pair of orignial jeans. I think that counts as a major crime.

The onus should be on BoB to Police illegal activity especially counterfeit items. BoB should be held accountable for crimes that deal in millions Rands worth of items. Of course a stolen iPod is not the same as selling fakes. Brand names should be verified on high level Bobbers.

How to spot fake Levi's:

- Stitching is really bad, with loads of threads everywhere.

- Jeans material is not the same quality as real Levi's.

- Black dyed jeans are dyed afterwards, meaning the entire jeans are dumped in black dye after they are stitched together

- Button holes are sewn shut.

- Buttons on real Levi's shouldn't rust and are always stamped.

- Strengthening studs are brass on Originals.

- Spelling mistakes on labels and printing seems thicker due to the fact that they are scanned and not printed from the original plate.

- Sizes on labels on the jeans and on the cardboard attached to the jeans often differ.

- The belt label is thinner (thickness) on Originals than on counterfeits.

- If the Jeans are second hand the chances are greater that they are original.

- R130 for a brand new pair of Levi's? If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

- Best way to compare them is by placing the BoB bought jeans next to known Originals.

Edited by knirps

jphotography    10
jphotography

How can one spot a fake Levi jean?

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi Brands, I agree with you. But if you report it they will ask the seller for proof of authentication. I know because BoB asked me on various occasions for proof of authentication. So I am sure they will ask the other sellers to do the same.

brands online    10
brands online
Seller Skeletonkey sells counterfeit Levi's Jeans. Has to date by his own admission sold over 2000 "Levi's", that's R1,400,000 worth of counterfeit products sold with the help of Bob. I think that counts as a major crime.

I agree, the sellor Skeletonkey sells a majority of 'fake' items. If BOB asks me for proof on this one. I'm gonna direct them to Chinatown or any flea market where these "fakes" are sold!

jphotography    10
jphotography

Thanks for the info MsPlod

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

I just bought a Levi's jeans from skeletonkey, but all of the other stuff I bought were legit such as the Ed Hardy clothing, They all arrive in Bags also with there labels intact also the christian audigier shirts have serial numbers on the inside label, if could post some truth to his jeans being fake, anybody else find it funny that 'knirps' has only 1 post and decides to say this at 5 in the morning

Edited by DA_LION_619

Eggers    10
Eggers

What about fake ratings? I mean a "new" seller who arranges dozens, sometimes hundreds of fake sales. Where can I report such a seller (and the fake buyer)?

jphotography    10
jphotography
I just bought a Levi's jeans from skeletonkey, but all of the other stuff I bought were legit such as the Ed Hardy clothing, They all arrive in Bags also with there labels intact also the christian audigier shirts have serial numbers on the inside label, if could post some truth to his jeans being fake, anybody else find it funny that 'knirps' has only 1 post and decides to say this at 5 in the morning

I also bought many items from skeletonkey with no problems on the authencity, I had a look at the Levi's I bought and to me they look legit according to the links that was posted.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
What about fake ratings? I mean a "new" seller who arranges dozens, sometimes hundreds of fake sales. Where can I report such a seller (and the fake buyer)?

report to CW

knirps    10
knirps

Perhaps, you should check your serial number with Christian Audigier, if you want proof. All I know is that the items I bought were fake, they also arrived in a bag, so what. As to the 1 post, I've not bought much, and these are the first counterfeit items I have come across other than on fleamarkets and street corners. I will bet anything that the items come from some anonymous Chinese source and not from a legitimate supplier, even your Ed Hardy's, which you believe to be legit. Again take your Levi's to an original outlet and have them make a call.

I don't think organised crime is acceptable, EBay takes a hard stance against people who sell fakes, BoB should too.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Perhaps, you should check your serial number with Christian Audigier, if you want proof. All I know is that the items I bought were fake, they also arrived in a bag, so what. As to the 1 post, I've not bought much, and these are the first counterfeit items I have come across other than on fleamarkets and street corners. I will bet anything that the items come from some anonymous Chinese source and not from a legitimate supplier, even your Ed Hardy's, which you believe to be legit. Again take your Levi's to an original outlet and have them make a call.

I don't think organised crime is acceptable, EBay takes a hard stance against people who sell fakes, BoB should too.

ok so now what I have is fake and you say you bought fake ones how about a link to your purchase and some proof :blink: heres the thing about online auction sites theres no middle man 'supplier' so no high mark up, also I know Markus runs a shop and if he sells fakes is all his stuff fake like his boxed wallets

Edited by DA_LION_619

admin    0
admin

Hi knirps,

Welcome to the Forum.

Selling fakes is against the law, which is why bidorbuy takes it very seriously. So serious that it was incorporated into the Listing Policy

Should you have proof of fake items sold on bidorbuy, please send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, just to confirm what MediaTech has said, proof of authenticity is asked for should a complaint be lodged with Community Watch.

Thank you.

knirps    10
knirps

I can only respond to the items I received from him (2 assumed fake pairs of jeans). Whether he runs a shop or not is irrelevant, the only relevant issue are his suppliers and only he knows the truth, they could of course be factory rejects, but he claims...

Quote: MK: "As far as i know they are not....like i said we import them as authentic..." (The only question is "from whom?")

The other thing about unregulated auction sites, is that they are a brilliant platform for organised crime to ply its trade.

knirps    10
knirps

I stupidly returned them without thinking of the greater implications, yes, I wanted my money back. I'm not here to start a fight, but I feel people need to be informed what they might be in for. I might be wrong of course and received two duds in a row, odds are not, though. If they are factory rejects, that is fine, but it needs to be stated upfront that they are that and not be sold as authentic items

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

ok so now its factory rejects:blink: yet you returned them so no proof that they are fake and still no link to your purchase, I too had a problem once when I received a shirt from skeletonkey the beads were falling out he happily exchanged the item and also did a size change for me now why would someone selling fakes do that

SProducts    10
SProducts
Hi knirps,

Welcome to the Forum.

Selling fakes is against the law, which is why bidorbuy takes it very seriously. So serious that it was incorporated into the Listing Policy

Should you have proof of fake items sold on bidorbuy, please send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, just to confirm what MediaTech has said, proof of authenticity is asked for should a complaint be lodged with Community Watch.

Thank you.

Admin can you clarify me here, is it the seller's responsibility ot prove authenticity or the member who complains? Well my view is if someone complains through community watch, the seller must provide Bidorbuy with proof as obviously the complainant wont have proof unless they bought from the seller. Its easy the seller can provide Bidorbuy with proof of where they source the product.

I bought a wallet and believe its fake, very poor quality. But trying to prove that is a long process for R120.00.

Sipho

admin    0
admin

Hi Sipho,

The ultimate goal is to have no counterfeit items on bidorbuy as it is illegal and against the listing policy. However, as I am sure you can imagine, it is impossible to "police" the thousands of new listings daily on bidorbuy, hence the statement in the Terms and Conditions and the Listing Policy that the sellers agree not to list fake/illegal items. Having said that, the listings are checked as far as humanly possible on a daily basis for these items and either removed if it is an obvious fake or proof of authenticity requested from the seller when uncertain.

When a possible fake item is reported to community watch, it is preferred that proof is supplied with the report as it saves valuable time and immediate action can be taken. It has happened, and I am sure will continue to, that sellers items are reported as fake by someone because of personal issues between the two parties. This takes a lot of time to investigate only to find that the accusation is false, this time could have been used on other serious issues that needed quick action.

Every report is taken seriously and fully investigated, whether proof was supplied or not, the seller is requested to supply proof of authenticity, which is thoroughly checked out when given to bidorbuy.