10 members have voted

1. 1. Tanzanite Scam Repeated.

• Disagree
    • Not true
    • Maybe
    • Scam
    • Open a doc

TheJeweller

I know, I know, thread is closed. Really? How about to solve the issue first?

OK, here is my story. I purchase tanzanites from well known Chantal from White River.

Same person, deferent user name - Keepitcountry.

Right, I purchased 72 stones at R1.00 each so total amount is R72.00 and paid postage R755.00

Total weight of tanzanites was 9.86ct. Not a chance, I received 3.85ct of scrap garbage in one tiny

plastic bag. So much for postage.

Same person, same scam, same place.

For this garbage I get 14 negative ratings and warning from bob for disclosing anonymous rating.

Is anybody pays attention here?

How about get together and open a DOC on this person.

Thank you for your Attention.

kyle2

I sympathise with you, also recieved similar crap from her as have many, many others, check her feedback, but she is a popular seller and Bob seems to want to keep her.:sick:

She has changed tact a bit by charging rediculous postage for such small items.

This thread will be closed in 5..........4............3............2.....................

Edited by kyle2

kebs

I know some sellers charge a combining fee, but that is just ridiculous!! :mad:

sybillah

Well well my old foe is still very active i see. I can simply not believe that certain sellers may just chnge names and continue unimpeded to defraud honest buyers. BOB pleads ignorance and inability to act. OK so is that not the problem, that in the world today we all refuse to take responsibility including for our own actions, as for each action there is reaction and thus we all are accessories to the fact of fraud. Yep i said fraud as i myself was dealt such incident at the hands of the seller albeit then still under a different name.At least BOB removed the verified seller label but still to late in my humble estimation but at least after what i would call a barage of mails and proof some action was taken. Was it enough? For fraud?

And fraud it is as when you make false claims which get the purchaser to commit such contract and in deed purchase and then the item as agreed upon is not correct, overstated, not supplied etc, then that is fraud.Now i do realise too that all are scared of the high cost of legal council and thus buyers just cut their losses and either quit BOB or take a long time before further activity resumes. Is it really necessary? Do a few bad apples have to spoil the whole harvest?

What makes it even worse again in my humble estimation is the fact that other members who try and protect the rest of us and newbies not used to the forum or method of buying, are threatened with action and expelled from the forum or making further comment. Great so now we kill the informant and the whistle blower once again and all go back to fraudulent dealings and further losses for the honest and gains for the dishonest. In this respect may i just also note that statements are only libalous or considered slander when the items stated are based on untruths, false information etc, which it certainly is not the case in this instance as i can give credibility too as noted above. Also one should consider if the reasonable man test can be applied here and once again i find such result rather spurious if not curious.

Further more last i checked the Constitution free speech was guaranteed also as long as such would not fall under above classification which again i submit based on experience and knowledge does not apply here.

If BOB is seemingly so taken with keeping such sellers perhaps they should be held liable as they are the enabling agent which pemits such fraud and should thus pay for the expensive verification of clearly visible facts by expert and reputable jewellery appraisers, per carat, not so?

Then as a final piece of information, use or not, your choice, and if you forgive me climbing on my soap box once again, the principles of law are based on rights and duties. Thus if i have a right it is the opposite person's or entity's duty to uphold such right.

May that not also be part of the statement of truth here in that all have rights, but no-one will carry the attached duty to make it possible for that right to be upheld in the first instance?????

I thus further assume that my comments will also be the cause to close this thread.

Perhaps BOB should consider joining the forces which are also trying to enforce limits to the freedom of the media at present. In good company they could possibly be.

qball

TheJeweller - no evidence has been presented to us regarding your allegations, if evidence is presented we can take the appropriate action, and have done so in the past and will continue to do so. Even though you notified us about your internet connectivity issues, bidorbuy is not responsible for notifying all your clients, buyers or sellers that you had technical problems with your Internet, and as a result you paid late, we can't get involved in that dispute. You were warned for including contact details in the rating, as this is not permitted. Regarding shipping, the shipping charges are stipulated on the listings and you agreed to these when you bid.

sybillah - Regarding your constitutional right to free speech, yes, you have the right to free speech, however, legally it is actually limited, especially if it harms or damages a persons reputation or is considered libelous, slanderous and defamatory. No members were banned for reporting any of this, they have of their own accord decided not to post on the forum. May I also suggest you read our terms of use, which all members have to adhere to and are responsible for upholding. Accusations must be backed by hard facts, most of the time, no one can supply us with such evidence, and this makes it difficult to act against a seller without anything we can use to support our decisions and actions. We also give the seller an opportunity to rectify any issues that may arise, and to make amends to those affected. As per our terms bidorbuy is not the purchaser, thus the legal onus is on the buyer to get this detail, documentation and verification done at their cost, this is standard and common practice as the transaction and contract is between buyer and seller, bidorbuy is neither buyer nor seller.

This may be a public forum, however, it is within our discretion and rights to close, edit, remove any comments or posts which we feel are not in the spirit of things, which may be derogatory, confrontational, inflammatory etc. especially if they cannot be backed by hard evidence or proof. We have and will continue to act against sellers and buyers who do not abide by the terms of use.

To all concerned, accusations of fraud and scams must be backed by evidence, without this we cannot take action. This will continue to be the policy going forward.

Thank you

Cuan

tony a

too long and too sad to put it on paper, but i wear my negetative rating ,from this experience with pride, its because of sellers like this that we dont recomend BOB any longer as the rating system, just doesn't work properly and people like this will continue to scam people with no repercussions, You know that you can't even rate someone if they raise a snc, even if they run away with your money , best BOB can do is tell u to go to the SAPS.

kyle2

Where there is smoke, there is fire, surely as many negatives that the above mentioned seller has managed to collect says something. A seller creating this many unhappy buyers can not possibly be an asset. :sad:

Never mind.

qball

That is exactly the problem, ratings are considered hearsay - this must be backed up by proof.

qball
too long and too sad to put it on paper, but i wear my negetative rating ,from this experience with pride, its because of sellers like this that we dont recomend BOB any longer as the rating system, just doesn't work properly and people like this will continue to scam people with no repercussions, You know that you can't even rate someone if they raise a snc, even if they run away with your money , best BOB can do is tell u to go to the SAPS.

Morne was dealing with this issue but as he has left it does not appear to have been followed up on, I do apologise for this.. I have sent a request through to the seller to resolve urgently.

Kind regards

Cuan

DA_LION_619

I a very bad experience with this seller first the tanzanite images are stock pics and are no where near the same the ones I received were very light in color.

Also part of the tanzanites I won were not found in the parcel I blamed SAPO but the package was not opened or altered.

The seller replyed by saying I should of not signed for the parcel.

qball
Morne was dealing with this issue but as he has left it does not appear to have been followed up on, I do apologise for this.. I have sent a request through to the seller to resolve urgently.

Kind regards

Cuan

Tony a - according to the seller you were refunded on the 19 July, please check your records. Accusations of theft are serious, the seller has provided us with proof of payment.

Thank you

Cuan