Sign in to follow this  
brands online

What to do in a situation like this?

brands online

This is the pits! Buyer bids on 9 items totalling about R1000 yesterday. Mails this morning to say she didnt know she bid on so many items, so cancel it and she'll take the ffg. items from the lot. The buyer has a few ratings and looks like a whole lot of purchases for the last period also. What now? File SNC's, lose ALL that listing money, buyer gets a warning, and I'm left holding my N#t$...

Wild Olive Art

In this case I would email the buyer back and explain that the bids she places are legal and binding . She is an adult , old enough to bid and old enough to be accountable for the number of items she was bidding on .

It's absolute nonsense that sellers have to keep taking the knock for buyers like this one. It's time we took a stand and made things less easy for non paying buyers. A negative rating and warning is not sufficient !

DestinysAngels
This is the pits! Buyer bids on 9 items totalling about R1000 yesterday. Mails this morning to say she didnt know she bid on so many items, so cancel it and she'll take the ffg. items from the lot. The buyer has a few ratings and looks like a whole lot of purchases for the last period also. What now? File SNC's, lose ALL that listing money, buyer gets a warning, and I'm left holding my N#t$...

:sad:I feel for you, but what can one do, just breath and let it go, it's going to get you nowhere, it's just not worth it to get angry, block them from your listings and do it all over again in the hope that it won't happen again!

Guest Guest

I agree with WOA, We should not accept this, as it is becoming a game for some of these buyers, I mean honestly, how can you not know you bid on so many items? :mad:

Guest Guest
:sad:I feel for you, but what can one do, just breath and let it go, it's going to get you nowhere, it's just not worth it to get angry, block them from your listings and do it all over again in the hope that it won't happen again!

Ah DA, You are always so optimistic and kind :angel:

DestinysAngels
Ah DA, You are always so optimistic and kind :angel:

:razz:Life's experiences MT, thanks!

kebs

I remember reading on the forum a while ago that one seller had started using a collection agency - was working very well for them & the buyer has to pay the costs.. Maybe worth looking into if it's a lot of money.. (R100 is a lot of money to me these days.. :cheesy: )

anerstemens

Most collection agency`s charge 25% of what the amount due, this is a lot of money to loose then. :(

kebs

Better to get 75% of what they owe you than 0%?

jphotography

No way this person can tell you they did not know, how old is this person 7? Sorry I will tell them its binding and if they want to cancel they should email bob. Good luck

anerstemens

But , like 25% is sometimes the markup profit of some sellers then its better just to file a SNC and re-list,

kebs

I guess it depends on the value & how much you want to prove a point.. Too much trouble for me though - I prefer the SNC & that little nasty red face for the buyer...

Edited by kebs
spelling

brands online
I guess it depends on the value & how much you want to prove a point.. Too much trouble for me though - I prefer the SNC & that little nasty red face for the buyer...

Who does one end up proving a point to, that's the q. Sort one buyer out and the next week or two weeks later, it's another one... but I'm going to hound this cuistomer until I get my dues...

booksallsizes
Who does one end up proving a point to, that's the q. Sort one buyer out and the next week or two weeks later, it's another one... but I'm going to hound this cuistomer until I get my dues...

Good for you B O! Because then at least there will be one more (far too casual) buyer out there who will think twice before abusing the system again...