Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

Why is it that the majority of sellers only rate their buyers !!!!

alloway65    10
alloway65

Why is it that the majority of sellers only rate their buyers after they have been rated for the sale(s)....they should rate immediately they have received the buyers funds!:sad:

David

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

I agree.

Perhaps they keep it as leverage? You rate me negative I rate you negative type of thing! This way it is also harder to prove it is a revenge rating as they didn't change a positive to a neutral or negative, they just rate you negative if you rate them negative...:mad:

If you pay swiftly they should rate you Positive as you kept your side of the deal, but can they keep theirs..?

alloway65    10
alloway65
I agree.

Perhaps they keep it as leverage? You rate me negative I rate you negative type of thing! This way it is also harder to prove it is a revenge rating as they didn't change a positive to a neutral or negative, they just rate you negative if you rate them negative...:mad:..?

Understand your reasoning but don't agree with it....could be against BoB rules!!! Also if one is a good buyer with 100% positive rating usually paying within hours....then there is no reason to hold back on the rating process!

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

I don't agree with it AT ALL either, but I'm afraid the sellers do it:mad:! Yes the sellers should not hold back with rating you if they received their payment!!

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

As a seller I try to rate all my buyers as soon as they pay but sometimes I am really busy and do not remember until I get the BOB reminder to do so. I am sure that with most sellers this is the case and there is no devious plot behind delayed ratings. This works both ways by the way - very often buyers do not even bother to give sellers a rating , no matter how good our service or products !

alloway65    10
alloway65

Being mainly a Buyer and occasionally a Seller...I sometimes forget too!!!!:wink:

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading
As a seller I try to rate all my buyers as soon as they pay but sometimes I am really busy and do not remember until I get the BOB reminder to do so. I am sure that with most sellers this is the case and there is no devious plot behind delayed ratings. This works both ways by the way - very often buyers do not even bother to give sellers a rating , no matter how good our service or products !

I understand that sellers can forget, but patterns can be seen in certain sellers' ratings:rolleyes:...

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

I rate my buyers positive straight away after payment the only reason I would change the rating ( to neutral) is if he had a problem and just negative rated me without contacting me, because the seller can do nothing about a problem if the buyer does not inform or contact you....

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I fully agree that if the buyer has kept to my terms and conditions, I'll rate him positive as soon as payment is received. I have my own system now that when the parcel is ready for postage, the rating is done and the tracking number given, usually within 3 days of payment clearing. If I feel the buyer has given me an unfair rating, I first try to resolve the problem with my client or will then take it to BoB for review. A happy client is a returning client.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi all

I rate my buyers as soon as I send the tracking number to ensure that I don't forget by mistakem

At most, this will be within a few days of payment as I post on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

If the seller does not rate you till you give them a rating it is easy to prove a revenge rating. You have the sales date you have your payment date so you can prove that your side is clean. Then just contact BOB to set it right. Not so??:huh:

SProducts    10
SProducts

I rate my buyers once a week, I go through all paid and completed sales and then rate them.

Sipho

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

i do my ratings once the parcel is gone , so if we sent out 100 parcels today , people who have paid up to 48 hors ago will be rated tonight

admin    0
admin
i do my ratings once the parcel is gone , so if we sent out 100 parcels today , people who have paid up to 48 hors ago will be rated tonight

Hope I do not get one for taking too long to make payment :wondering:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

:wondering:I have came to the conclussion that if you hold the rating back untill the buyer rates you, you have a better chance of getting a rating.... I find myself sending a lot of emails every week asking people to pleeeeeeease rate me. And that is really frustrating. I have sold a 107 items thus far and only received 57 ratings. So what do we do as sellers? :mad:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

MT, I agree is a schlep to try to get your buyers to rate you. I send out regular e-mails explaining how important our ratings as sellers are, but only about 2% will react. I've got over 450 ratings outstanding since I started selling on BoB. In the same breath I must say I've found many buyers actually replying to the rating I gave them but not actually giving their own rating. Maybe this could also be part of the problem as to the outstanding ratings? Maybe a rating system that if they reply positively to your rating, it automatically is classified as a rating?

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
MT, I agree is a schlep to try to get your buyers to rate you. I send out regular e-mails explaining how important our ratings as sellers are, but only about 2% will react. I've got over 450 ratings outstanding since I started selling on BoB. In the same breath I must say I've found many buyers actually replying to the rating I gave them but not actually giving their own rating. Maybe this could also be part of the problem as to the outstanding ratings? Maybe a rating system that if they reply positively to your rating, it automatically is classified as a rating?

dont feel bad , i have 4400 sales not rated :sad:

alloway65    10
alloway65
dont feel bad , i have 4400 sales not rated :sad:

Horrendous, it must be that buyers just do not understand the rating system.....maybe a bit more BoB education for buyers. There does not seem to be the same (no rating) problem re numismatic, philatelic and gemstone sales!!!!

When I had problems with sellers I did not rate these sellers in the past as they did not deserve a positive rating and I did not want to blemish their............sometimes not so perfect record on BoB! I call it my opt out process!!!

jacque31    10
jacque31

Can't BoB give a rating to these non-rated items, say after 6 months or something. I mean if the buyer were not happy the seller would have known very quickly - negative rating for them. So surely if there is no rating after a time, you can safely assume the buyers was happy, and if not then that is their problem really. Maybe BoB can make a new policy that users agree to - if you don't give a rating after a certain period of time, that the seller will automatically receive a positive. They have to agree to this.

Or maybe something like an automated thing like, after say 3 months that a rating was not given, if a buyers wants to buy something they are redirected to the ratings page - a message are given to them saying that they must rate before they can continue to bid or buy. Or when they want to log in or something. I am sure that will work and sort out this non-rating thing.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

That is a great idea-Cannot see why it cannot be done-Maybe shorten the time limit to 60 days as by then any issues would have been resolved.

NEIL

jphotography    10
jphotography

I have the problem where seller's dont rate me as a buyer at all. I have paid for the stock and gave them a positive rating after receiving the items and still not rating????

alloway65    10
alloway65
I have the problem where seller's dont rate me as a buyer at all. I have paid for the stock and gave them a positive rating after receiving the items and still not rating????

Hi,

Then you change the respective positive rating you have given to neutral, with the comment....

"Once you rate my purchase then I will reinstate my original positive rating to you...thank you in advance for rating me!"

I don't think this is breaking any BoB rules.

Good luck

David

jphotography    10
jphotography

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks David

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

I'm one of those guilty of not rating buyers immediately - but not for the purpose of waiting for them to rate me first. I rate only after I have sent the tracking no. - my way of keeping track of parcels that have been dispatched. But I have never missed rating a single buyer - they all get what they deserve.

jphotography    10
jphotography

Okay so I rated danking with 2x neutral for not rating me for 3 months, and the response was that they are gonna report me for rating abuse, they slapped me with 2 neutrals straight back. Strange how they don't rate you for 3 months and 2 neutrals they rate you straight back, don't even wait a day immediatly they rated me back with the neutrals.