Sign in to follow this  
sajlr

SNC increase

YSLMAGIC
I just feel that there is too great a sense of ungratefulness all round.

Sellers lose money selling on promotions to non-paying bidders ...shop owners lose money through shoplifting...Not the Landlords duty to find a solution.

Personally if I was BoB I would respond with ''If you don't like it...STEP OFF...''

But many complaining sellers would, not even out of principle, heed the suggestion. WHY??

Because despite all the complaints, rantings and Ravings, Sellers still MAKE more money than is lost.

so becuase i am bothered by the amount of buyers that waste our time and money , which is close to 100 a month at the moment , i am ungrateful to bid or buy? we donot pay a set rental every month so this is very different to a shop , and i highly doubt you have 100 people shoplifting a month , but if you did , im sure there is some security measure You would be able to put into place to prevent this and not need any assistance from your landlord...........believe me 99% of sellers do understand and naturally agree to the terms set by bid or buy , and obviously wouldnt be still selling on bid or buy if it wasnt worth our while , but the fact of the matter is , there is a problem and we are collectively trying to find some resolve, even bid or buy must feel it becuase they DO have to refund the success fees , which believe me , we are grateful for......i truly believe any and all suggestions irrespective of how bazarre they might seem , are welcomed , and im certain with a little more time a solution will be found by bid or buy themselves and/or very possibly through a suggestion by one of us sellers

YSLMAGIC
Unfortunately we will not be doing this. Sorry.

Kind regards

Cuan

it was worth a shot :wink:

brands online
it was worth a shot :wink:

All the time... :smile:

sajlr

I would love to get official stats from BOB.

SProducts

Nonpayment is very serious, unfortunately its not easy to counter it. I was going to suggest that if a first time buyer defaults on their first purchase they get blacklisted immediately. Now I cant unfortunately since I have had other buyers with a -1 rating winning and paying on my auction and have others who dont pay me and later I find they paid for their next purchase.

Unfortunately, we have to live with it and hope it will decrease.

Sipho

Not1CentMore

Another 'get my goat': Buyer bids on two auctions. Buyer has several negative ratings from other sellers, so I opt to cancel bids for "has received negative for non-fulfillment from other sellers". Lo and behold, buyer bids again. Bids deleted again. 'Game' continues a couple more times until buyer gets the brilliant idea to wait until just before auction closes to bid. Auction closes with this buyer winning. Needless to say, no payment. SNC will be filed, but it sure would be nice to be able to block a buyer based on their 'track record'. I understand the 'reasoning' behind not being able to do so, but sure is frustrating.

BeadsandBaubles

Hi All

Beat this in SNC's - 44 Pending, 59 Completed in the last 3 months. (this last month actually)

I am officially on Sabbatical, have a few orders to send out, and that is it for me on Bidorbuy until further notice.

My family has been very ill, all still look like skeletons after their salmonella episode - going to spoil them, cook & bake some tempting treats to fatten them up. Going to spend some more time with genuine, honest, caring people who do not lie, make excuses, insult me, and all the other sh(1)t I have had to put up with. At this stage bidorbuy is just a big disappointment - and me the biggest optimist of all times - the one that always keeps my family going and glued together, sorts out all the problems.- I am so disillusioned by peoples attitudes & general treatment of each other. It is no wonder the world is going to the dogs.

In a few days time, the lid of this laptop will be closing, it is time to get back out there in the world where people look you square in the face and straight in the eyes. Back to the harder but more soul-enriching work of flea-markets, shows and fairs.

Thank you all for the love & support you have given me these last few years - I may be back at some stage, just don't know yet when, so if I don't see you for a while - this message for all my friends

LOVE U GUYS & GALS- you are all angels. Blessings to u and ur families for the festive season, remember to take a break to reconnect with the real world and real people :wink:. Enjoy the New Year celebrations safely. Peace.

Sandy

MsPlod

This is tragic B&B!

Will be sad to lose you!:sad:

Understand but think it is tragic that your experiences have been so rough!:mad:

All the best to you and your recovering family...

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi BeadsandBaubles

I'm so sad to see you go.

It's such a pity when people have a bad experience on BoB, but it definitely seems to be on the increase.

I understand how you feel about how you've been treated by buyers, I have also been in the same boat.

People's manners seem to go out the window when they don't deal with you face to face, all the nasties crawl out.

I've learnt to grow a thick skin and to reply politely and factually, although it doesn't always help.

I hope you and your family will be starting a much better chapter in your lives and wish you much success for the future.

And, of course, good health to all of you.

brands online

Hi B&B,

Haven't had the pleasure of knowing you on BOB, but have seen the name here and there. I can only emphatise with you on your family and sympathise with you over the experiences you've had on BOB. It does scratch at one's insides sometimes...

Good luck in all your endeavours outside of BOB and a prosperous and a soul-uplifting 2011 to you and your family.

Mohamed

Edited by brands online
sometimes my heart and mind race my fingers...

eZethu Coins

A bad joke in some cases and a sign of the times in others. The jokers will probably not go away, but on the other hand in these times, neither will the increasing number of bidders that are experiencing difficulties in paying. I get to know about more and more people (in SA and beyond) that are feeling the financial pinch. Theoretically bidding should then decrease and it has in the case of some people, but not for all. Personally I also have experienced a longer paying period - buyers win, many of them paying promptly as always, but more and more the payment period is increasing steadily - so payment takes longer to come in - tying up money that could have been spend on new stock- resulting in less listings and less sales - and so we circle in circles.

So how do we deal with it? Don't know, but know that this is what is happening to most business according to many friends that are in the business world. I have the same worrying feeling whenever a newbie bids on my items and starts leading the auctions, but this does not mean that all such transactions will end in a SNC. In fact the majority of them don't - I for one - would not want a system whereby new users are restricted from bidding in any way by BoB. Remember all of you were zero-rated BoBers at some stage and not all have turned into baddies.

So for now - it is grin and bear and hopefully at some stage we will be able to grin about all our bearing :-)

Gem Shop

yes and unfortunately the SNC's will keep growing as long as BOB allows buyers like this:

Madao

to keep buying on the site

We reported to them that this buyer will not pay for his purchases due to the fact that he now claims that someone else made bids under his name

We even send them emails where this customer say that his system is compromised and that anyone can make bids on it and he refuses to honor any bids made..

We received an email back from them that said the members account will now be monitored....

absolute nonsense..HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLACKLISTED as he is NOT GOING TO PAY FOR FUTURE BIDS????

I would like to know if BOB is going to refund a sellers listing fees should this buyer bid again and then not pay as it is now technically their responsibility as they know about his intentions and has done nothing to prevent him from bidding again?

Luckily he cannot buy form us again.

brands online
A bad joke in some cases and a sign of the times in others. The jokers will probably not go away, but on the other hand in these times, neither will the increasing number of bidders that are experiencing difficulties in paying. I get to know about more and more people (in SA and beyond) that are feeling the financial pinch. Theoretically bidding should then decrease and it has in the case of some people, but not for all. Personally I also have experienced a longer paying period - buyers win, many of them paying promptly as always, but more and more the payment period is increasing steadily - so payment takes longer to come in - tying up money that could have been spend on new stock- resulting in less listings and less sales - and so we circle in circles.

So how do we deal with it? Don't know, but know that this is what is happening to most business according to many friends that are in the business world. I have the same worrying feeling whenever a newbie bids on my items and starts leading the auctions, but this does not mean that all such transactions will end in a SNC. In fact the majority of them don't - I for one - would not want a system whereby new users are restricted from bidding in any way by BoB. Remember all of you were zero-rated BoBers at some stage and not all have turned into baddies.

So for now - it is grin and bear and hopefully at some stage we will be able to grin about all our bearing :-)

I file SNC's for every "single" item not paid for and rate negative as well. Whether the buyer is a "regular" or not, I follow a strict procedure. Otherwise buyers tend to believe it's okay to do what they want. We may all have started with zero ratings, but we've worked very hard to build and maintain good ratings. Besides, show me one buyer who won't rate you negatively if you don't supply the item or provide bad service. Some buyers will even rate you negatively despite service, product and delivery being up to scratch. Because they can get away with it... sometimes.