Sign in to follow this  
sajlr

SNC increase

sajlr

Has anybody notice a increase in non paying customers, I have easily doubled the amount of SNC's I file, compared to 6 months ago.

RAG Auctioneers

Yes, us to.

SouthAfricanPicker

SNC increase

I have definitely noticed and increase. Main culprets to me are new buyers who have joined the day of the auction, bid and then are never heard from again. It is really annoying especially when promotional fees are paid to list these items.

My other gripe is the attitude that some of these new buyers have. They outbid everybody on the auction but when it comes to paying, they have this nonchelant "You will wait " for your money attitude.

alloway65
Has anybody notice a increase in non paying customers, I have easily doubled the amount of SNC's I file, compared to 6 months ago.

A sign of the economic times it will only get worse before it gets better!:rolleyes:

Wild Olive Art

If people don't have money , they should not be bidding. Poor economic times are no excuse for not fulfilling a sale. Unfortunately some people just bid for amusement with no intention of ever paying for the item .

kebs

Happening here as well - also mostly first timers who never respond to emails & never pay..

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yup, definitely an increase, very annoying.

SProducts

Same here, I have a list of unpaid orders which am sure wont be paid.

Sipho

YSLMAGIC

when i look at the bottom right of my sellers screen , i get depressed , becuase i realise how much i have lost in the past 3 months and how its probably a joke to some fool.......who just bid for kicks :wondering:...........im sure BOB will find a solution or compensation for this soon becuase i dont think there much you can do to stop these clowns right now

brands online

Yup, this SNC thing is getting rather out of hand... I suppose we can attribute the increases to the growth of BOB lately as well, but it's getting us down too...:sad:

SouthAfricanPicker

SNC increase

Crazy Wednesday has come again and lo and behold the new buyers are at it again, bidding away on my items. My heart is sinking with every bid that gets placed.

Neux

I loose thousands per months on SNCs. SNC rate for me has increased by 3% which isn't good. Maybe BOB can refund you fees paid for premium and home page listings if buyers does not make payment for items purchased.

kebs

I think I read on another topic somewhere that they won't refund the fees as they feel you received the extra advertising that you paid for.. However, I think this may result in a decline in sellers using these extra options as it may not work out financially in the end..

qball

Hi All

Unfortunately bidorbuy does not refund enhanced listing fees, these are charged regardless of whether a sale takes place or not, you get your items featured more prominently on the site, thus get additional exposure and more page views - enhanced listing fees are an advertising cost. As the site grows these issues will continue to manifest themselves on the site and the SNC process is in place to deal with these issues. These "growing pains" will still be with us for some time, and we all have to go through it as part of the phenomenal growth we have experienced.

We just have to soldier on and try educate the new buyers.

Kind regards

Cuan

babyface2
Crazy Wednesday has come again and lo and behold the new buyers are at it again, bidding away on my items. My heart is sinking with every bid that gets placed.

yes snc has def. increased, with wednesday auction i just pray that newbies will be out bidded. please can we not have a rule that new buyers is not allowed to bid on wed. fri. and weekend auctions. let them get a few ratings first so that all sellers can see that they are serious bidders. surely a system can be put in place to block them from bidding on promotional items up untill a certain rating of ten or twenty

YSLMAGIC
Hi All

Unfortunately bidorbuy does not refund enhanced listing fees, these are charged regardless of whether a sale takes place or not, you get your items featured more prominently on the site, thus get additional exposure and more page views - enhanced listing fees are an advertising cost. As the site grows these issues will continue to manifest themselves on the site and the SNC process is in place to deal with these issues. These "growing pains" will still be with us for some time, and we all have to go through it as part of the phenomenal growth we have experienced.

We just have to soldier on and try educate the new buyers.

Kind regards

Cuan

hi Cuan

i hear you and know that we pay for exposure and thats what we get!! but what about considering some kind of compensation in enhancements , so basically for every 2 category enhancements lost to an snc , give us back 1 category enhancement on a future listing....possible?....:wondering:

YSLMAGIC
yes snc has def. increased, with wednesday auction i just pray that newbies will be out bidded. please can we not have a rule that new buyers is not allowed to bid on wed. fri. and weekend auctions. let them get a few ratings first so that all sellers can see that they are serious bidders. surely a system can be put in place to block them from bidding on promotional items up untill a certain rating of ten or twenty

hi that wouldnt help us much , out of 10 new buyers at least 7 do pay , and the main attraction for BOB are the auctions......i got hooked on bid or buy because of the auctions

brands online
hi Cuan

i hear you and know that we pay for exposure and thats what we get!! but what about considering some kind of compensation in enhancements , so basically for every 2 category enhancements lost to an snc , give us back 1 category enhancement on a future listing....possible?....:wondering:

Can we perhaps poll on an idea like this....?:wondering:

brands online

The other thing is, lots of times we sell items where we truly only have One. Two weeks later, we need to re-list the item because of non-payment, and we end up looking dishonest!

qball
hi Cuan

Unfortunately we will not be doing this. Sorry.

Kind regards

Cuan

qball

bidorbuy will not implement such measures, it would lead to decline in new users coming to the site, and would be discriminatory, considering we have no way of telling or knowing who will or will not conclude transactions. All new bidders will start with no ratings. Sorry, but we will not be considering such steps.

Kind regards

Cuan

ClickandShip

Shoo!! Refunds on enhancements?? Denying new users access to paid for promotions?? Have some sellers lost their minds??!!

I pay R 9586 monthly rental for my shop, I chose that spot because I liked it and I forsaw success. Should I ask for a refund from my LandLord for the passing feet that don't buy something??

Should I deny new customers through my doors just incase they don't spend anything??

ALL Sellers file SNC's, this comes with the turf! What of the 100's of sucessful sales that BoB facilitates. And BoB does EXACTLY that. FACILITATES.

They don't GUARENTEE or CLAIM anything. They invite you as a seller, and attract MANY paying customers. What more could you ask for??

brands online
Shoo!! Refunds on enhancements?? Denying new users access to paid for promotions?? Have some sellers lost their minds??!!

I pay R 9586 monthly rental for my shop, I chose that spot because I liked it and I forsaw success. Should I ask for a refund from my LandLord for the passing feet that don't buy something??

Should I deny new customers through my doors just incase they don't spend anything??

ALL Sellers file SNC's, this comes with the turf! What of the 100's of sucessful sales that BoB facilitates. And BoB does EXACTLY that. FACILITATES.

They don't GUARENTEE or CLAIM anything. They invite you as a seller, and attract MANY paying customers. What more could you ask for??

C&S, you can't compare your shop's rental to the fees paid to BOB for advertising. The success fees are more directly related to that. Some sellers are arguing the fact that aside form the paying customers that indeed BOB does attract, the non-paying ones are the ones who create unnecessary work and expense for sellers.

The intent is not to 'claim' the listing fees back, but rather to have a system or set of rules for buyers in place that helps BOB 'facilitate' to their best ability. After all, that is what's being paid for. "FACILITATION"

I personally agree that the manner of going about this is very finnicky as the greater intention of ALL sellers is not to drive potential buyers away from the site, but to allow SNC's to be ever on the increase without addressing the matter responsibly or at all is not going to help either.

The challenge is finding an appeasing solution, but first the issue needs to be recognised as that, a real issue...

ClickandShip

I just feel that there is too great a sense of ungratefulness all round.

Sellers lose money selling on promotions to non-paying bidders ...shop owners lose money through shoplifting...Not the Landlords duty to find a solution.

Personally if I was BoB I would respond with ''If you don't like it...STEP OFF...''

But many complaining sellers would, not even out of principle, heed the suggestion. WHY??

Because despite all the complaints, rantings and Ravings, Sellers still MAKE more money than is lost.

qball

As we have stated we will not be taking any steps to stop new buyers on the site. The rules are already in place, buyers just need to abide by them and if they continue to contravene them they will be removed off the site. bidorbuy spends millions of Rands on advertising, technical improvements, support infrastructure etc. Enhanced fees are advertising fees and a cost of doing business.

I shall use the example of a classified ad. Someone places an ad in the paper, it costs them money to get better exposure, someone shows interest in it and contacts the seller, but then decides not to buy the item, the seller can't go back to the newspaper to ask for their money back. The same principle applies here. The reality is, it's a cost of doing business, just as we spend millions of rands on advertising, it does not guarantee that for every rand we spend someone will register and use the site, we can't go back to Google or Highveld and ask for our money back if the response is poor or no buyers buy on the site. These very same issues plagued eBay when they started growing and it still happens, there will never be a system that can determine who will or will not conclude a transaction. That is why we have a SNC process to assist sellers in recovering success fees.

Please also bear in mind, SNC's do allow you to get the success fees back, this is a completely different issue to the enhanced listing fees not being refunded.

Kind regards

Cuan