Sign in to follow this  
anerstemens

Help with postage to Namibia

anerstemens

Hey, if anyone can help me I want to know what it would cost to send a parcel under 1kg econo parcel or cheapest option to Namibia please help, the package is in a big envelope a4. Thank you, in advance.

DestinysAngels
Hey, if anyone can help me I want to know what it would cost to send a parcel under 1kg econo parcel or cheapest option to Namibia please help, the package is in a big envelope a4. Thank you, in advance.

:rolleyes:I had a bid from Namibia and i deleted it, it would have costed in the region of R160.00 - R200.00 without insurance for a R30.00 (Shoes) item, i went to the P.O. and this is what they told me, hope that helps abit!

Cali Craft and Gems

Taken from page 15 of the postage booklet (Southern Africa postage):

Airmail registered post (red RD label) - your options:

Medium letter (max size 250mm x 176mm, max thickness 10mm, max weight 250g) = R16.05 + R22.95 registration fee

Large letter (max size 353mm x 250mm, max thickness 30mm, max weight 300g) = R24.90 + R22.95 registration fee

Small packet (priced by weight) (max size 900mm x 600mm, max weight 2kg) = R14.00 PER 100g + R22.95 registration fee

Airmail is considerably quicker than surface mail, and the price "saving" is not worth the extra wait!

I generally use the small packet calculations as this covers a larger range of parcel sizes!

DestinysAngels

:wink:Thanks Janet, will save this info!

anerstemens

Thank you for the help, much appreciated. Regards

YSLMAGIC
Taken from page 15 of the postage booklet (Southern Africa postage):

Airmail registered post (red RD label) - your options:

Medium letter (max size 250mm x 176mm, max thickness 10mm, max weight 250g) = R16.05 + R22.95 registration fee

Large letter (max size 353mm x 250mm, max thickness 30mm, max weight 300g) = R24.90 + R22.95 registration fee

Small packet (priced by weight) (max size 900mm x 600mm, max weight 2kg) = R14.00 PER 100g + R22.95 registration fee

Airmail is considerably quicker than surface mail, and the price "saving" is not worth the extra wait!

I generally use the small packet calculations as this covers a larger range of parcel sizes!

Cali....you got me here , what have i been missing , this is the table i formulated from the sapo rates card, with airmail they told me its a minimum charge of R90 and yuou price from there...please advise what im missing or how am i looking at the rate card in the wrong way

INTERNATIONAL (airmail)ALL PARCELS NO MATTER THE WEIGHTR 90.75ADD FOR EVERY 100GR 2.75INSURANCE4%

EG: IF A PARCEL WEIGHS 2548g and cost is R450 and are 2 items R90.75 (all parcel cost)R 90.75 +...(26*2.75) R71.50( insure for R500 4% )+ R 20.00===R 182.25

Cali Craft and Gems

@YSL - you are referring to the chart on page 16 which is "large" parcel rates!

The SAPO also used to charge me under these rates until I got word from someone that they were "bleeding" me dry where I could actually be using the page 15 chart!

The chart on page 16 is also only applicable if you want the parcel insured - which only covers it for loss anyway. I've sent massive expensive parcels overseas (Australia, UK, etc) that are under the page 15 specs excluding insurance for a low cost! Besides, insurance is at 2% not 4% too (plus for most countries you can't insure the parcel anyway under SA rulings)!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

YSLMAGIC

Thanks Cali , i will take this up with them on the next parcel....you are a Superstar :wink: