Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

True: Rottweiler Rose after being Euthanased

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:sad:I thought i'd share this amazing story with you! On Friday i heard on the News (Jacaranda 94.2), about a Rottweiler waiking up after being Euthanased!

The owner took his Rottweiler to the Vet to be Euthanased as she is 10 years old, have a back problem and is in considerable pain! After the Vet injected the dog she went limp and then the owner covered her body in a blanket, went back home to bury her body in his back garden, quite a deep grave as he explained, the next morning when he woke up the Rottweiler were standing at her bowl eating her food as if nothing has happened! He now said that he does not know how to do this process for a second time round!

My feeling on this is quite simple, the dog was obviously not ready to go and this is a clear indication as to what he should do, don't Euthanase her, try and treat her and let her have the life she so desperately wants, she is not ready to leave yet! This touched my heart and i have not heard anything yet as to what he is going to do, but i do pray that he will do the right thing!

Is this not absolutely Amazing, it surely is to me!:angel:

Edited by DestinysAngels
Spelling!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

WOW that is one strong willed dog:angel:. It is not an easy choice to make, and for sure she is not ready to give up!:colbert:

I have the same choice to make and just dont know what to do:wondering:

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:angel:It's simple really, unless it is absolutely going to be detremental for the dog to live you need to do the right thing by the dog, or, if the dog can live a happy pain free life and you can maybe help the dog to be comfortable and if you can get meds to assist with the pain, don't Euthanase, but yes easy it certainly is not, i have a book that helps one cope with that, but unfortunately it does not work for me! I don't want to even think about that, i will try everything and get 2nd opinions before i even go that route!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

I agree with you, how ever she is in pain some times and cant walk well. She has good teeth and eat well. So there are goods and bads. I have seen people hold on to tight and the animal suffered. I dont want to do the same. She has good days and bad days. But so far more good than bad.

PS: Told my little boy his kitty is gone, oh the tears:sad:

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:wink:Get some alternative medicine at the Health Shop and of course you must ask your Vet first, it is Herbal (Don't know the Name, but they will), go see if you can find something that will ease the pain a bit for her, it might not work immediately but give a couple of days and see how it goes, it might just help!

:sad:Sorry about your Kitty, lets hope she found another place instead of thinking the worst, at least that will make you feel better!

:angel:I had a Pug many years ago, she lost her one eye due to a fight, her balance were a bit off. One New Years Celebration some very inconsiderate people around caused her to slip through our Gate (I don't know how as there were not escape possible). She dissapeard, never to be seen again (Crackers made her go Nuts). I looked everywhere but she was gone. I told myself she maybe got a new owner and is happyier there, that help't a bit! Good luck, i am thinking about you on this one! Now i let all my dogs inside when the crackers start popping, put soft music on the radio and just cuddle them, it works!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Thanks Angel, it means alot. Sorry to hear about your Pug:sad:

Will find out about the meds thanks. Mine dont mind the fire works so much, we all go for a ride around town and enjoy the fire works. But yes people should lock up their animals and what you do is such a brilliant idea, will pass that on to others.

kebs    10
kebs

I feel I should add with my story of my dog - Murphy, as in Murphy's law.. His guardian angels work overtime protecting him! My friend first got him by accident.. We were sharing a house & when she came home from work, this puppy insisted on going first into the garden. His collar had grown into his neck a bit - who know how long he was out on the streets?! So she brought him inside, took off the collar - the other dogs were overjoyed with some-one new to play with, although she had no intention of keeping him.. He was a bundle of energy, & mistakenly ran up to one of the cats to play, & the cat swiped at him, catching his eye - we actually heard the pop! I have never heard a dog scream like that in my entire life. So we took him to the animal welfare - having 3 dogs & 4 cats already. My friend phoned daily for updates. Eventually she was told that it would be difficult to find a home for him as he was going to lose his eye. So, off we went to get him back - had to pay for him mind you! To this day, he still has both eyes! I eventually moved out, leaving destructive dogs behind. Murphy was a nightmare - even if you were in the house, he'd chew stuff! I got a phonecall from my friend 3 weeks later to say I must please take him because he was worse when I wasn't there & they can't afford the damage anymore.. We don't believe in outside-only dogs, so the destruction was quite severe! I fetched him, & to this day he has never chewed anything... A few months later, I heard a strange noise coming from outside & Murphy was having a fit.. So turns out he's epileptic! On daily meds... He's survived getting out twice, thanks to the maid, & managing to cross Cape Road (one of our busiest roads) during peak hour traffic. At the end of last year, I got home from working nights to find him in status epilepticus - severe fitting. Rushed to the vet, stayed there for 5 days before the vet told me he would advise to put him down because he wasn't able to do anything on his own. They were even giving him water with a syringe as he couldn't drink. I decided to take him home instead & give hime a few days.. I would shoot home from work in the night to take him out, give him water & feed him chicken.. Eventually, he came the right - the vet is still speechless! He's also surived almost strangling himself on a branch that got hooked into his jersey - I got the feeling something was wrong & went to look for him - he was caught under bushes & had twisted the jersey into the branch so tightly that he couldn't cry for help. Thankfully he didn't do this when I at work - angels in action again! I had to cut him out.. He has certainly lived up to his name with all his wars!! & is obviously spoilt rotten as I feel he's earned it!

25092007001(1)..jpg.62e3eabf40692cfdb0f9f47590b3c233.jpg

Edited by kebs

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

He also have a strong will to live, he truly deserve you:wink:

They fill our lives with fun and entertainment, and ask for so little back:bigsmile:

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:angel:Kebs i applaud you for this, you too are an Angel, your baby is beautifull and looks well cared for, thank you Angel, your story made my day!

kebs    10
kebs

Thanks! He is the apple of my eye! :love: May not be food in the house for humans, but always food & treats for my boy!! :wink:

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Thanks! He is the apple of my eye! :love: May not be food in the house for humans, but always food & treats for my boy!! :wink:

:love:I know what you mean, my sons and my dogs eat first, then my hubby, LOL, and only then i will eat, xxx!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
But yes people should lock up their animals and what you do is such a brilliant idea, will pass that on to others.

:love:Thanks BB, much appreciated, if everybody does just one good deed for an animal, it would certainly change that animals world, because to that animal you are the world, i do believe that one person can make a difference!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks for this update, Destiny! It's always great to hear some really good news. Isn't it sad that people can't take their animals when they have to down-grade their accommodation and/or can't afford the ridiculous veterinary bills which some practices feel no sense of compassion about sending out? Fortunately, not all vets are tarred with the same brush and, for that, I continually give thanks with our wonderful veterinarian!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Yes it certainly is great news, it restores my faith in humanity, what a miracle, wish i could meet this baby, i would have adopted her for sure!:wub: