Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

People filling CW alerts for the fun of it...

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I don't know about the other sellers on BoB but for me it has become a serious concern, causing me to have multiple ulcers :evil:

I had another person with 2 ratings last night filling a CW alert for, get this, wait for it..... Advertising that I send the watches in an EXTRA white cardboard box (even after I told him that it is actually a red and white box that we get from SAPO and it is to protect the Wooden box that the watch comes in when we send it via courier, not to get damaged. Then he went on to complain that I had a bid chaser just because some guy is bidding on 3 of my watches :notrust:

And it doesn't stop there, then he said I had a watch that was listed incorrect, even after I already corrected the editing mistake and a previous person pointed it out to me (as if we are not allowed to make mistakes) that's what happens if you copy and paste :whistling:

I can understand people being scared of scams and scam sellers, but seriously, can't they just ask a question before running and reporting something and causing our FBi / CIA / MI6 team to also have ulcers? I have also reported various concerns and I think it has it's place but some people are doing it I think because they think they might get R 500,00 for it and they are abusing the system.

At the very least, maybe they can look at someone's ratings before assuming they are scamming :notrust:

What do you guys think, is there people out there that is just doing it for fun or the money, instead of really being concerned about the well-being of consumers?

kebs    10
kebs

I agree 100%.. Sometimes just using the ask a question function would be enough to clear things up.. Sounds like your person has nothing better to do though..

SProducts    10
SProducts

I also agree here, @Kebs you are right just asking a question would help. I copied a listing and unfortunately forgot to change the category, instead of informing me it was in a wrong category I got a community watch alert.

Sipho

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I am so happy to see I am not the only one that has these issues :awesome:, and I am sure Bennet and Andries are also sitting with their hands in their hair. I just hope BoB is paying them a lot of money for putting up with such small things when they are so busy sorting out the big real scammers :ninja:.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

I totally agree that some people get bored and CWing others could pass the tile.

On the other hand, it is an easy way for browsers to help you correct a mistake. CW is there to protect the buyers but also a great tool to just help you out, dont know if it was intended to be that way. I dont think that being "reported" for a mistake is meant to offend you or put the spot light on you. I for one am not going to sent a question to fix it. CW send you an e-mail so you know about it and its up to you to fix it or leave it, after all it says "spot a problem?". Sending a question involve me to more than I care to be.Maybe there could be 2 ways to go at it:

Spot a mistake?

Alert CW?

Just a thought:whistling:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

C'mon BB, You are suppose to agree with me :cheesy: Not disagree :colbert:

Well, maybe we can agree to disagree :whistling:

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
C'mon BB, You are suppose to agree with me :cheesy: Not disagree :colbert:

Well, maybe we can agree to disagree :whistling:

But I do agree with you:amuse:

There is just another side to it:wondering:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

There is always another side but I am talking about my side :whistling:

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

I do agree with your side:amuse:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Oh NO :rolleyes: Now who am I going to argue with :whistling:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Not with me, I also agree with you.

There are legitimate reasons for using CW, but if the user can see it's a mistake, it's better to ask a question.

I've helped a seller like this once when I could clearly see that a particular book had been listed twice by mistake.

I asked the seller if they have two of the same or was it perhaps an error.

The seller was very grateful for my pointing it out as it could have led to a red face if both listings had sold and the seller only had one. These mistakes can easily happen.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Well answer me this::thinking:

What do you lose if you get reported to CW and you fix the mistake, problem etc?

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
Well answer me this::thinking:

What do you lose if you get reported to CW and you fix the mistake, problem etc?

You loose nothing but it is nerve-wrecking every time I get an email stating that someone filled a watch alert... Even if you know you have done nothing. Plus it is irritating. And I am sure Bennet and Andries have bigger fish to fry (real scammers)

:cool:

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Ok, get a chill pill and chill:rolleyes:

if it interfere with frying bigger fish then refer to my suggestion above:noworry:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
Ok, get a chill pill and chill:rolleyes:

if it interfere with frying bigger fish then refer to my suggestion above:noworry:

Good idea, I am chilling :cool: