Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Alass

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ALL

I See ALASS is still receiving negatives daily-This account is still open.There must be many unhappy buyers out there-Admin can you please update on the situation AS there was along explanation not so long ago but nothing seems to have happened??

NEIL

kebs

While I understand BOB don't want to cut him off from his only source of income as then he may have problems sorting everyone out, maybe he should stop selling for a while, go & find a job & pay everyone back! I buy a lot from overseas, & very few, if any, of my parcels have gone missing like his seem to. Yet some of his items are sent with a courier & they still don't arrive? :wondering: How is that possible?

Guest Guest

Shame, I actually feel sorry for Allas as they seemed to be doing so well and then something went wrong suddenly and now he is having a hard time rectifying all the issues, and they seem to be building up. I can understand that sometimes things go wrong and then out of nowhere it just snow-balls until you don't even know where to start sorting it out, it's happened to me before and it is an awe full place to be :sad:

SProducts

Its a very bad situation for Alass, I know BoB explained that they didnt disable/blacklist him because it was his own source of income and to refund buyers he needs to keep on selling.

My question is, did he refund any buyers from the current sales and also honour the current sales?

This has been going on for a while now, but on ratings there are buyers who paid 2 months ago and didnt receive anything.

Sipho

jacque31

Yip here we go, like I said a long time ago the negatives will keep on rolling in - as expected in a situation like this.

Miss Jewels

I agree that some drastic action now needs to be taken, although I see that he is not currently advertising any items. I cannot understand why he has such a high "loss" of parcels. I import weekly and have not yet had one parcel going astray. The only international parcel purchased from myself that "got lost" was a purchase from Alass. After many hefty e-mails and threats of legal action, BoB refunded my money as it was a BoB eft, Unfortunately, I see Alass has now removed this payment option (for very obvious reasons). In the same breath I must add that if prospective buyers are not discouraged by his negative ratings and still insist on purchasing from him, they must not complain afterwards. There are enough local sellers on BoB with identical goods. Take into account the R550.00 postage now charged by him and other international sellers, import taxes and VAT, the item is also no longer a bargain. Reputable couriers companies, as he is using, do not make the amount of errors by "losing" parcels as stated by the seller. Everyone is trying to make a living, and like Alass, there are SA sellers who also use BoB as their sole source of income. But when the negatives start rolling in as in this case, you cannot produce the item purchased and you're really losing face, it's time to call it quits!

Daykie

Hmmm yeah I get a lot of stuff overseas and have only ever had one non tracking-numbered parcel go missing (none of the courier deliveries have ever gone missing, even if they've spent a few weeks in customs). So really bad luck for Alass, the couriers do normally have insurance so he should claim on that and use it to refund buyers.

qball

Good day

The seller is no longer trading on the site, but has access to his account for obvious reasons. The issues with lost shipments emanate from Royal Mail parcels (the majority) which did not arrive at their final destination and this has affected the seller's ability to refund and ship, as most of the initial proceeds and funds from earlier sales were utilised to refund many buyers who had not received their goods, this has landed the seller in a financial difficulty. With the co-operation of the seller, bidorbuy is trying to resolve all outstanding issues with all the buyers concerned. This will unfortunately take some time and we ask that you please be patient and bear with us a little longer.

Thank you

Cuan

windrider

Would Bob be addressing the outstanding items sold by Alass that had been paid for, but never arrived? I bought an item on the 15th of September, paid very quickly and never received my item.

qball

You would still need to liaise with Adrian and ourselves to resolve the outstanding delivery. Unfortunately due to Adrian's financial situation, this has delayed shipment of the goods.

kyle2

In Alass's defence, there is a very real problem with the Royal Mail post system in the UK, I have not recieved a few items from sellers in the UK, assumed lost at this point. To quote a seller after complaining about a late item, "Royal Mail strikes Again", this is from a seller in the UK.

I though the South African post was bad at one stage, but I've been pleasently surprised of late.

Miss Jewels

Hi Kyle2, The only problem is, there's been a problem with Royal Mail from day 1 with Alass. Why then continue using them, especially with valuable items? I also import diamond jewelery and only use FedEx. It's more expensive but highly professional with excellent service. Surely Royal Mail has insurance? Why not communicate with the buyers and supply them with the claim numbers? This was give them peace of mind and not have the negative effect it's currently having. For future I would highly recommend him to only use DHL. But whether buyers are going to support him again will depend on his constant feedback regarding their money and items. Maybe he should leave a post of his progress relating to the "lost" purchases.

brands online

Another question is why did BOB allow him to trade for so long? More than a month ago I saw something about him being allowed to trade to recover the funds to refund the buyers, but now it seems this has just landed him and even BOB unfortunately in more hot water. I agree too, that selling relatively high-end and valuable items, he should have first ensured a safer delivery method. The Take from Peter to pay to Paul 'resolve' was bound to lead to this.

Alas Alass, you did really seem to be trying. Hope it all works out in the end.... for all parties :unsure:

Rhino
You would still need to liaise with Adrian and ourselves to resolve the outstanding delivery. Unfortunately due to Adrian's financial situation, this has delayed shipment of the goods.

How are we expected to liaise with Adrian when he will not reply to any email ? I have been trying, with Bob to get a reply, but for the last month i dont get any reply ? This has been going on since July 13th !!!!!!

qball

Please continue to liaise with us, we did get responses from Adrian as far back as September and bidorbuy has followed up on several occasions since then, we will be following up on this again.

Kind regards

Cuan

tony a

I have not recieved recieved goods from 10 mnths ago, when i tried to rate him i wasn't allowed 2 as they raised a snc, BOB knew about him months ago but choose not to do anything about him, bad business descision on their part..

trader JE

I just mentioned today about someone who was selling cameras,but you need to pay first before they can order,meaning they are pennyless sellers as they can't buy stock without your money and if something goes wrong your money is at risk.Simply solution don't buy from these pennyless seller! without stock on hand.Also believe these sellers should noT even be on BOB.

qball
I have not recieved recieved goods from 10 mnths ago, when i tried to rate him i wasn't allowed 2 as they raised a snc, BOB knew about him months ago but choose not to do anything about him, bad business descision on their part..

When the SNC was filed, you appealed stating you were not sure if you had paid or not and that Moneybookers was giving you trouble about the payments. Not much for us to work on I'm afraid... if you did make payment please forward the proof of payment through to us. Thank you.

Kind regards

Cuan

wishmewell

I think I have been very patient, and have borne with all this for long enough.

My emails to Alass are ignored and my request for support from BoB is met with a weird rationale of how I should somehow feel appeased by the fact, or even sorry for this seller because he is in 'financial difficulty'. When it is obvious to me that I and many other were duped into purchasing from Alass and he had no intention of delivering the goods ever. Now I am am expected to believe that he will 'try' to pay us back.

No doubt it is all too easy to just put up some photos on BoB, then use the SNC system to pressurize customers into paying. And then even if you dont send the goods... you know that BoB will just ask buyers to be patient and bear with the situation.

Edited by qball

jacque31
I think I have been very patient, and have borne with all this for long enough.

My emails to Alass are ignored and my request for support from BoB is met with a weird rationale of how I should somehow feel appeased by the fact, or even sorry for this seller because he is in 'financial difficulty'. When it is obvious to me that I and many other were duped into purchasing from Alass and he had no intention of delivering the goods ever. Now I am am expected to believe that he will 'try' to pay us back.

He needed our money to float his business for a while and never even had the goods to sell in the first place. This is backed up by his having grabbed the money and then going under cover and ceasing all communication.

No doubt it is all too easy to just put up some photos on BoB, then use the SNC system to pressurize customers into paying. And then even if you dont send the goods... you know that BoB will just ask buyers to be patient and bear with the situation.

Clearly the system on BoB is wide open to scams.

That's the one thing that I don't understand about this situation - if he is trying so hard to sort this out, why is it that so many buyers are complaining about not getting any information or communication from him? I mean that just paints a whole other picture :oh: Either way you look at it, doesn't give the buyers confidence in him that it will be sorted out.

qball

Unfortunately we will continue to ask you to be patient. We have already started refunding clients affected by this as and when funds become available, this is still going to take months to sort out, as Adrian has found himself a job and is not able to email every day, he has been replying to emails and has copied us on these communications. Unfortunately if a seller is in such a financial position, they cannot manufacture money or make it appear from nowhere to issue refunds, it takes a reliable and consistent revenue stream, which has "dried up", due to the refunds that have already been done. This does unfortunately affect you directly and will delay the issuing of refunds.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding in this regard.

wishmewell
Unfortunately we will continue to ask you to be patient. We have already started refunding clients affected by this as and when funds become available, this is still going to take months to sort out, as Adrian has found himself a job and is not able to email every day, he has been replying to emails and has copied us on these communications. Unfortunately if a seller is in such a financial position, they cannot manufacture money or make it appear from nowhere to issue refunds, it takes a reliable and consistent revenue stream, which has "dried up", due to the refunds that have already been done. This does unfortunately affect you directly and will delay the issuing of refunds.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding in this regard.

So are you actually saying that we will be refunded the money paid to Alass for goods not received? I have proof of my payment and would like you to give me the assurance that this money will be refunded. You seem to be defending Alass which is fine by me as long as I am refunded or supplied with the item I purchased. I dont think this is too much to ask.

And why, if Alass has honorable intentions does he ignore his buyers polite inquiries? And why cant he supply tracking numbers or proof of postage? Its not good enough to just say' All is lost in the post..'

My purchase was on August 4th. When does Alass tell you he plans to refund?

qball

Yes, we are attempting to issue refunds with Adrian's assistance, and send him an updated spreadsheet of refund requirements. No it's not too much to ask, however, we cannot answer why he hasn't answered your inquiries, we are awaiting feedback on your issue from him. Basically due to his financial problems he has not been able to ship goods off.

Unfortunately we nor Adrian can provide you with a definitive date for the refunds, this is dependent on several factors and the limited income that he will be receiving in his current job.

wishmewell
Yes, we are attempting to issue refunds with Adrian's assistance, and send him an updated spreadsheet of refund requirements. No it's not too much to ask, however, we cannot answer why he hasn't answered your inquiries, we are awaiting feedback on your issue from him. Basically due to his financial problems he has not been able to ship goods off.

Unfortunately we nor Adrian can provide you with a definitive date for the refunds, this is dependent on several factors and the limited income that he will be receiving in his current job.

Well then... if I am to understand you correctly; the item I purchased from Adrian is still with him - he just hasn't posted it??

If so, then why does has he not said so? Why does he avoid all contact?

Regardless of his financial dilemma which was obviously going on at the time I purchased from him, he had no problem replying to my emails then. In fact prior to his being paid he would email me once or twice a day.

It was only once he had my money that he made himself instantly unavailable.

So what am I supposed to think??

Guest Guest

Hi Guys

Sorry to barge in. But some people cannot help it to be in a financial situation. Example is myself as well. We all struggling. Some people just don't care and see it until they are in the boat.