Sign in to follow this  
YSLMAGIC

Unclaimed post

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

as of 1 September , SAPO advised us that any unclaimed post will have to be paid for in order to re-claim , so if i post an item to a buyer and they donot collect it , when i collect it from the post office some 30 days later , i will have to pay for the postage from my buyers post office back to mine and when we notify our buyers that i have recieved their unclaimed parcel and they will now need to pay another 2 postage charges for not having claimed it the first time, they are furious becuase they firstly claim they never got a slip from the post office(NOT MY FAULT IF TRUE).......and cannot pay for another 2 postage charges(money going to sapo not YSLMAGIC).....so i say--- well i have paid for the postage from their post office to mine and now i am out of pocket because they never collected it in the first place, so if they dont pay the difference i will either have to sell to defray costs , or i can refund less all the extra charges............guess what the buyer does then?................give me 4 negative ratings!!!! Claiming they never recieved the parcel!!!! but i gave them proof that i sent the tracking number???!!!.........i think i will no longer collect these parcels for my clients and when the post office staff decide to accept it as their Christmas gifts atleast i wont have the hassle of sending out emails , re-wrapping parcel , processing any refunds or getting any negative ratings for nonsense :colbert:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I think that is totally ridiculous. And I am sure if you contact Admin and give them all the details they could possibly change those ratings. So not cool :colbert:

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
I think that is totally ridiculous. And I am sure if you contact Admin and give them all the details they could possibly change those ratings. So not cool :colbert:

haha Media Tech , you are not going to believe this! i just got a negative rating for a delay in posting off a buyers item , the reason for this was because ......wait for it......wait for it........they used our bank branch code as thier reference .....................hahaha i just give up really , im at a total loss for words

brands online    10
brands online
as of 1 September , SAPO advised us that any unclaimed post will have to be paid for in order to re-claim , so if i post an item to a buyer and they donot collect it , when i collect it from the post office some 30 days later , i will have to pay for the postage from my buyers post office back to mine and when we notify our buyers that i have recieved their unclaimed parcel and they will now need to pay another 2 postage charges for not having claimed it the first time, they are furious becuase they firstly claim they never got a slip from the post office(NOT MY FAULT IF TRUE).......and cannot pay for another 2 postage charges(money going to sapo not YSLMAGIC).....so i say--- well i have paid for the postage from their post office to mine and now i am out of pocket because they never collected it in the first place, so if they dont pay the difference i will either have to sell to defray costs , or i can refund less all the extra charges............guess what the buyer does then?................give me 4 negative ratings!!!! Claiming they never recieved the parcel!!!! but i gave them proof that i sent the tracking number???!!!.........i think i will no longer collect these parcels for my clients and when the post office staff decide to accept it as their Christmas gifts atleast i wont have the hassle of sending out emails , re-wrapping parcel , processing any refunds or getting any negative ratings for nonsense :colbert:

Again, in this instance, we'v been paying R18.15 for every unclaimed parcel since about July already!

Just send all the necessary to BOB, you know the drill. You've every right to ask for all the costs back.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I've had buyers using "Miss Jewels" as a reference number. How do you trace a sale with your own name??? Either wait for the negative or finish reconciling and see what you're left with. What a mission!

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
I've had buyers using "Miss Jewels" as a reference number. How do you trace a sale with your own name??? Either wait for the negative or finish reconciling and see what you're left with. What a mission!
haha thats a weekly reference we get , we also get , 'BOB STUFF' 'AUCTIONS' the list can go on , i think many people dont know what the word beneficiery means :amazed:

Vegar    10
Vegar

I think I will make a note on my listings : "Please make sure you collect your parcel within 21 days BUYER TO PAY SHIPPING CHARGES FOR UNCLAIMED PARCELS."

I have had irate buyers demanding to know where their stuff is while it has been for weeks at the their post office ...

MAGIC - BoB will delete undeserved negatives... I hope!

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

Some buyers will think of any excuse in order not to take the blame for not collecting the parcel . Buyers have absolutely no excuse when a tracking number has been emailed to them . Surely if you buy something and have not received it within a couple of weeks you follow up either with the seller or take the tracking number to the post office?

I had one irate buyer very rudely query where her parcel was about 10 days after it was posted . I traced it back to her post office where it had been collected by a friend of hers. Of course I never received an apology from her.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi All

I was informed about this in April already and have been using the following wording in my postage emails.

When parcels are returned and I inform the buyer, they very seldom bother to respond.

Those that do respond have no problem paying the double postage as they were warned right from the start not to rely on SAPO giving out collection slips.

"The tracking no is ..................

Track it at South African Post Office - Parcel Tracking or 0860111502

Phoning is more reliable as the website is often not up to date.

It should show 1-2 days after posting and only on Tuesday after a weekend

Your parcel should arrive in 3-5 working days, excl holidays and posting day

If it does not arrive in 2 weeks, track it and take a printout to the post office

It often happens that SAPO staff do not put out the collection slips, even though the parcel is at the post office.

Do not rely on getting a collection slip.

Rather, make a printout of the tracking and take this to the post office.

They will not be able to argue if you can prove the parcel is there.

It is your responsibility to collect your parcel timeously.

It will be at your post office for one month before they send it back to me.

If that happens, you will have to pay double postage for me to post it again.

I was informed in April 2010 that the post office now charges for the collection of returned parcels & then I will have to post it back again, thus the double postage charges.

This is not something I have control over, so PLEASE collect your parcel timeously.

I do not want you to have to pay double postage to receive your parcel a 2nd time and am not at all happy about this.

I will inform you (via email) if your parcel is returned to my post office.

I cannot collect parcels unless you pay the double postage tariff.

I simply cannot afford to carry double costs on behalf of any buyer."

sungems    10
sungems

I have had the same wrong references multiple times. I think the buyer when paying swop the reference intended for them with the reference indented for the seller, and yes I think it is done because they don’t know what beneficiary means.

We even inform the buyer that this is a common mistake they should take care when entering the reference numbers but still without any luck

We also give a very long description regarding collections of parcels like Tanaka AGAIN it still it does not help.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Our post office dont charge us for returned parcels, even though it says on the parcel "TAX: R34-50".

I dont know if it is because we have an excellent relationship with them or they just dont know about it.

It is quite funny actually.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

It is actually hilarious-I Dont think any two post offices are following the same rules??I Also have not yet been asked to pay for returned parcels!!

Strange times indeed

NEIL

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Maybe I need to smile at the post office staff more and they'll let me get away with it, too. :wondering:

kebs    10
kebs

I luckily haven't had this issue yet.. But, do they charge you what it cost to send? ie insurance included, or econo rate? I send most of my parcels econo, just want to know what they'll be charging if it's returned so I can warn buyers ahead of the time..

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, they charge the same tariff you originally paid to send the parcel, haven't had any insurance on returned parcels yet, so I don't know about that bit.

moppies    10
moppies

I have a buyer that bought from me on 27 August - I posted the article the following day and send a notification to the buyer trhough the bob e-mail system. Surprize!!! The parcel was returned to me during this week. I have tried to contact the buyer via cell - no answer, via e-mail and again no feedback. I also noticed that the buyer did only 1 purchase (from me) since he registered.

What is my right as a seller? Can I re-sell the article? Must I keep the article and wait for the negative from the buyer?

SProducts    10
SProducts

I always wonder, why do buyers buy something and forget it? I have some returned parcels and I can't find buyers.

Sipho

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

It is strange, although I've had one or two buyers that say they were away from home for the month the parcel as at SAPO.

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

i have been sending out mails since i have to pay for unclaimed mail now , we notify buyers that 2 posts have to be paid and if not paid for within 30 days , will be sold to defray costs , i have yet to sell one of those items but would still give 3 notices and 3 months ...........think im being fair?

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
It is strange, although I've had one or two buyers that say they were away from home for the month the parcel as at SAPO.

most say they were nevr notified by the post office so its not their problem and they will not pay again for postage, but we sent the tracking numbers....

kebs    10
kebs

Curious isn't it? Buyers don't contact you, even though you give them a rough idea of how long delivery takes.. If I was expecting a parcel, & it didn't arrive after a week, I would contact the seller - at least to ask for advice.. Why sit around when you know you ordered/bought something & it doesn't arrive??? :wondering: At least then one can advise them to go to the post office with the tracking number to look for it..

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
most say they were nevr notified by the post office so its not their problem and they will not pay again for postage, but we sent the tracking numbers....

Well, as I see it, sellers are not responsible for the behaviour of post office staff.

The fact that a buyer did not collect or track their parcel after the tracking number was sent to them is not something the seller can have any control over.

The seller can only send the buyer the tracking number, the buyer is then responsible for collecting their parcel timeously so that it is not sent back.

This is the postage email I send to my buyers and I've had very few comebacks - they also can't say they weren't warned as I send it through the BoB system:

Hello .............................

Your parcel was posted on ...........................

The tracking no is ..............................

Track it at South African Post Office - Parcel Tracking or 0860111502

Phoning is more reliable as the website is often not up to date.

It should show 1-2 days after posting and only on Tuesday after a weekend

Your parcel should arrive in 3-5 working days, excl holidays and posting day

If it does not arrive in 2 weeks, track it and take a printout to the post office

It often happens that SAPO staff do not put out the collection slips, even though the parcel is at the post office.

Do not rely on getting a collection slip.

Rather, make a printout of the tracking and take this to the post office.

They will not be able to argue if you can prove the parcel is there.

It is your responsibility to collect your parcel timeously.

It will be at your post office for one month before they send it back to me.

If that happens, you will have to pay double postage for me to post it again.

I was informed in April 2010 that the post office now charges for the collection of returned parcels & then I will have to post it back again, thus the double postage charges.

This is not something I have control over, so PLEASE collect your parcel timeously.

I do not want you to have to pay double postage to receive your parcel a 2nd time and am not at all happy about this.

I will inform you (via email) if your parcel is returned to my post office.

I cannot collect parcels unless you pay the double postage tariff.

I simply cannot afford to carry double costs on behalf of any buyer.

Once you get your parcel & are happy, positive ratings for item/s bought will be appreciated

If not, please contact me to resolve any issues you may have before giving neutral or negative ratings

I am reasonable and will do my absolute best to resolve the problem.

Kind Regards, have a great evening.