Sign in to follow this  
Tjaart van der walt

Can you belief it!

Tjaart van der walt

Just had a new buyer with no ratings. Everybody has to start somewhere as we all did. He bid on 2 of my auctions winning the bids with a total value of R1200.00 just to mail me after the auction stating that he can not afford that kind of money. Now why do the bid if they can not honor their part of the deal? Why why why? :amazed:

ClickandShip

Unfortunately, Bid or Buy is a toy to some people..

YSLMAGIC
Unfortunately, Bid or Buy is a toy to some people..

i think more like a JOKE , they get kicks out of winning the auction just to WIN , i wonder if they still go on to brag to others about the auctions they 'won'???

Tjaart , you have to atleast give the buyer due:wink:, he was atleast honest and made an effort to send you an email.........99% dont even bother:rolleyes:

BumbleBabe

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it. We have made mistakes and paid our school fees on those mistakes, now with this kind of thing we are paying other peoples school fees.

Guest Guest

Yes but some of us can't afford to play their games and I really don't want to pay their school fees.:mad:

BumbleBabe
Yes but some of us can't afford to play their games and I really don't want to pay their school fees.:mad:

For sure not, its not fair that when we have made a mistake we still paid and honored the agreement. They dont and we lose, but the wheel will turn and karma will bite them in the bum. Also cant afford to pay others school fees, but what can you do when some one has no morals?

Guest Guest

Wise words BumbleBabe :colbert: Lets just hope karma can hurry up a little... :cheesy:

SouthAfricanPicker

Sounds similar to my deleted bid episode last night, only difference is that the buyer was legit and is not furious at me for deleting the bid!

BumbleBabe
Sounds similar to my deleted bid episode last night, only difference is that the buyer was legit and is not furious at me for deleting the bid!

Thats called school fees:wink:

MediaTech - I have found karma to have its own time, and ways. Best not to dwell on it because that will just make you upset. Not worth it, smile and wave boys, smile and wave:amuse:

Gem Shop

We have a professional debt collector every SNC that has gone through gets handed over to the debt collectors and the "buyer" then gets traced, visited and outstanding debts get collected (They also gets charged the debt collectors fee (25% of outstanding money)) Our Debt collecting agency has a good understanding of what we do on BOB and is geared to take on non payers.

We have had a couple of buyers buying high priced goods , not paying and ending up in court...

Your Bob business is a legitimate business, run it as if it is a BRADLOWS or a GAME.

No bad KARMA or School fees...if someone bids on my goods and they do not pay they are in breach of contract and gets treated as such

BOB is clear DO NOT BID IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT.

BumbleBabe

Well I rest my case.

BumbleBee
We have a professional debt collector every SNC that has gone through gets handed over to the debt collectors and the "buyer" then gets traced, visited and outstanding debts get collected (They also gets charged the debt collectors fee (25% of outstanding money)) Our Debt collecting agency has a good understanding of what we do on BOB and is geared to take on non payers.

We have had a couple of buyers buying high priced goods , not paying and ending up in court...

Your Bob business is a legitimate business, run it as if it is a BRADLOWS or a GAME.

No bad KARMA or School fees...if someone bids on my goods and they do not pay they are in breach of contract and gets treated as such

OK, so what you're saying is that after filing the SNC and getting your fees credited you then get paid by the buyer afterwards? :wondering:

YSLMAGIC
OK, so what you're saying is that after filing the SNC and getting your fees credited you then get paid by the buyer afterwards? :wondering:

so basically what the debt collector is doing is making sure they buy the item? but what about the R50 items , i spend R20 on advertising , so all i need to get back is the R20 advertising fees, but i feel it becuase there are at least 100 a month

dstorm

Hello Johann

Your words: “They also get charged the debt collectors fee (25% of outstanding money)”.

Is this legal?

Just asking - I have just won three items (one lot of 3 Ultra Violet Lamps) from you. You never know…

Regards

Jacques

brands online

If this is legal, can you give me their no. Gemshop? I'm sure lots of sellers could use a service like this, provided again it's all above board.

qball

I would suggest you all read the Consumer Protection Act before getting heavy handed, they address such things in Section 40. This could land many sellers in hot water. If funds are collected after the SNC is finalised and a seller credited, bidorbuy will reserve the right to re-instate the success fees for such transactions.

Kind regards

Cuan

brands online

Cuan, don't mean to come across 'heavy-handed' and of course BOB's success fees would be due to them. That's a no-brainer. It would also perhaps not be too great an idea as it could drive more potential buyers away from BOB if this became the norm. First time buyers are very skeptical generally. From the sellers' point of view, I'm sure you can understand the frustration at the attitudes of some buyers. This is after all a serious trading platform, not so? If legal avenues do exist, then I'm sure sellers, especially those with higher value items would make use of a service like that occasionally.

Gem Shop

I will speak to my guy to see if he can handle more "customers".

Asha Craft Jewellery
I would suggest you all read the Consumer Protection Act before getting heavy handed, they address such things in Section 40. This could land many sellers in hot water. If funds are collected after the SNC is finalised and a seller credited, bidorbuy will reserve the right to re-instate the success fees for such transactions.

Kind regards

Cuan

The question is... how will Bidorbuy know which sales went through after the SNCs were finalised? I'm sure there are lots of sellers scheming their way through the system... :mad:

qball

Aaaah, we have ways and means... :wink:

TS Ron

I agree with you and sympathize with you but maybe he made an honest error with entering the value for your goods. This could be very frustrating to the new buyer as well as you as a seller. Or else I do know in the past that there were bored children bidding and the bidder would disappear..