Sign in to follow this  
SouthAfricanPicker

Deleting a bid.

SouthAfricanPicker

Hi Guys.

I'm a newbie to this forum!

Anyways, just had a super awkward experience now! Newbie buyer (who joined BOB today) bid on my item which just happend to be an Louis Vuitton wallet (Bid was R810.00). Me, being the sceptic that I am, took it upon myself to delete the bid as I thought something was fishy. Buyer then bid again and I once again deleted the bid as by now my gut was shouting at me to do so. What followed was me being reported to community watch for abusive/fraudulent activity and I just wanted to know where I stand with regards to deleting bids. I had a bad experience in the past and didnt want to expereince this again, hence my actions. It turns out that this buyer is now furious with me (as per the community watch report) and was infact a legit buyer all along. How do I make this right! I feel really bad about the whole thing! Am I going to get into trouble with BOB?

YSLMAGIC

hi dont stress , it is your goods and if you have the right to protect yourself , but you should actually first have contacted bid or buy to check the buyer out and make sure the buyer is legit , most fraudulent buyers would not give a valid id and bid or buy can pick up if a buyer is genuine or not , i dont think you will get into trouble but next time rather use the 'live help' , and if a buyer ever does mess you around and then still bid on your stuff you can block the buyer.....its only acceptable to delete bids if the buyer asks you , or you know for a fact that the buyer is wasting your time , or also if you made a mistake.....but dont stress , really

SouthAfricanPicker

Deleted Bid

Thanks YSL Magic. Your response is appreciated, In future I shall do so..Luckily I have two of the same item and I have sent the angry bidder an email to let them know that I will place it on a buy now for them if they still want to proceed.

Gem Shop

I have asked BOB on several occasions to check out new buyers...most of the time it helped even had a new buyer blacklisted a couple of times due to fraudulent info