Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

What's the best way to send a 11kg parcel

MacMuffin

I will only be able to get to a post-office on the weekend and thought I would ask the gurus here.

I am selling this: Playstation 2 - Playstation 2 game bundle (controller, SingStar microphones and 50 games) for sale in Johannesburg (ID:27182849) and I am out of the loop with shipping charges. What would a parcel weighing 11kg and with dimensions of 46cm (L) x 30cm (W) x 24cm (H) cost (obviously with insurance and tracking)?

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi MM

The SAPO charges would be as follows:

Insured parcel rates (pink PA tracking label):

R30.20 for the first kg, plus R4.05 per additional kg or part thereof; with insurance at an additional 2% of the parcel value.

11kg to 11.99kg would therefore be R74.75 plus the insurance at 2% (based on R1000, the insurance would be R20)

Obviously keep in mind to add protective wrapping and perhaps brown paper if you are going to wrap the original box, plus a little extra for other expenses.

Good luck!

MacMuffin
Hi MM

The SAPO charges would be as follows:

Insured parcel rates (pink PA tracking label):

R30.20 for the first kg, plus R4.05 per additional kg or part thereof; with insurance at an additional 2% of the parcel value.

11kg to 11.99kg would therefore be R74.75 plus the insurance at 2% (based on R1000, the insurance would be R20)

Obviously keep in mind to add protective wrapping and perhaps brown paper if you are going to wrap the original box, plus a little extra for other expenses.

Good luck!

Thanks - I knew I would get a quicker answer from you guys, than trying to phone the post-office :wink: