Sign in to follow this  
Asha Craft Jewellery

Aircon!!

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Do you know of anyone that is selling a split-unit or portable aircon for about 2k?

Saw a portable on bob last week for 1.7k, but it's gone now :wondering:

kyle2    10
kyle2

I dont know about your area, but the Game, Hyperama Stores, Dions often have demo units for sale, perhaps have a look at the ones in your area.:wink:

Asha Craft Jewellery

That's the problem... We don't have any of those places here. We just recently got a Spur.. I mean, it was a big event in town. Can you imagine what would happen if we got a Game? *gasp!* :rolleyes:

alloway65    10
alloway65
Do you know of anyone that is selling a split-unit or portable aircon for about 2k?

:

If you wanted hot air....plenty on BoB!!!!:rolleyes:

You should be able to pick up a unit for R2.5 Grand...installation extra!:wink:

Asha Craft Jewellery

There's one place in our town that will do it for R5500.... i was like... nfw!

kyle2    10
kyle2

Thats a bit pricey, should'nt be more than R3500 with installation. You might want to ship in a portable unit from somewhere, average price for portables around R2000 to R3000.:weeabooface:

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

This happened to me last year around this time, and eventually after meeting dead end after dead end I had the local guys just do the job for R 6500.00...

kyle2    10
kyle2

Man oh man, I should start selling aircons around the coast. Can't believe you guys are getting ripped off so badly down there.:sick:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Funny story how we got our portable aircon... and how much we paid for it!

Took advantage of the Game 10% off discount evening (first week of December), plus we had just upgraded my cellphone the week before (got a real cheap phone with maximum vouchers), and went shopping...

Bought a 4-slice toaster, the portable aircon (not aircooler), plus a few other goodies and only had to pay in around R40! What a bargain! :wink:

I set it up in the passage near my office in summer with the "exhaust" blowing out the bathroom window and the coolness flows into my office - and in winter one just sets the temperature to nice and toasty and the office is warm...

Another trick I have in my office is that I have thick curtains plus block-out material on the windows - just my luck that this room is north facing so it cooks in summer but that does have it's advantages in winter! LOL

Asha Craft Jewellery

Kyle, i would pay R3500 with a smile right now... :biggrin: as long as it includes everything. I've been phoning my line red, just to be cornered every time. Cheapest is R4600, but that's only a 9000btu. Much too small. I need atleast a 12 or 15, but that's atleast R5800. Sigh... then again, I'm going to George on Friday, maybe I should pop in at Game. (Thanks Cali!)

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Asha, before you bye one elsewhere, find out how much those local okes will hack you for installation, get a written quote. If they see you coming with a unit of your own they will surely charge you enough to cover their lost sale and it will most likely cost you the same if not more at the end of the day.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Do we need one today:wondering: If you find a bargain please let us know.

Cali, it works I know. In the day I have just about everything closed. Thick dark curtains with white lining keeps the heat out. Just cloing the windows dont work, the heat come through the window. Hope this heat means rain:sad:

Asha Craft Jewellery

Done that BB, they want a whopping R1100 for installation. I have a 9000btu in the spare room that I wanted to move to the office. The want to charge R850 just to move the bloody thing!! It's ridiculous I tell you. So I'm going to check for a portable at Game, that way I can move it around if I have to. (17 weeks pregnant btw, and the Summer has not started yet. The Karoo gets very HOT!!!) :blush:

mellowred    10
mellowred

@ Bumblebabe. Just noticed you are in Tzaneen. Beautiful part of the country but it is hot up that way. I had my very first beer at the age of 14 - 10am in Pilgrims Rest Bar (yes I know it was illegal - but the bar tender fancied my Mum :wink:) in mid April. Can't remember what the temp was, but remember the perspiration pouring off me.

@ Asha. You should try NuWorld Industries. They do the Sunbeam range which is well priced and reliable. One of my clients is an agent but that won't help you up in Beaufort West, but they distribute via several furniture and supermarket outlets.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
@ Bumblebabe. Just noticed you are in Tzaneen. Beautiful part of the country but it is hot up that way. I had my very first beer at the age of 14 - 10am in Pilgrims Rest Bar (yes I know it was illegal - but the bar tender fancied my Mum :wink:) in mid April. Can't remember what the temp was, but remember the perspiration pouring off me.

Well all I can remember about Pilgrims is how cold it was. Trying to put up the tent at 4am in September, was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, fingers were frozen solid.

Yes it can get very humid here, which can get very uncomfortable. It is always green around us, just gets different shades of green.

And if hubby:love: is reading here "an aircon would be great!!!"

mellowred    10
mellowred
Well all I can remember about Pilgrims is how cold it was. Trying to put up the tent at 4am in September, was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, fingers were frozen solid.

It was freezing in the early mornings. Car was covered in frost, then at 10am it was sweltering hot. Crazy weather!

Give me the Western Cape coast any time. It may be wet and windy and cold in winter, but morning and afternoon temperatures are not so far apart as you have up country. If it's 12 in the morning it may go as high as 20 in the afternoon. At least we can wear one season of clothes per day :razz:. Which is just as well because we are too poor to stock up on clothes :whistling:

Tjaart van der walt    10
Tjaart van der walt

Hi Asha Craft. Look at

under electronics for airconditioners :)

Edited by admin
External link removed