Sign in to follow this  
ClickandShip

Another Scam Buyer...

ClickandShip

All ratings received by nathanmichael54 on bidorbuy.co.za

Joined today, hotmail email address, ''Bought'' R 14,000 Blackberry Cellphones from me, wasted my Enhancement listing fees, pushed my success fees up and then demanded I send the phones after sending a paypal proof, even though I am not even registered for Paypal..:laugh:

jacque31

Probably is I think. But yes I would agree with you, wasted enhancement listing fees. I mean some "buyer" comes along that tries to scam people and the seller has a load of crap to sort out. Just wish BoB could reimburse sellers with either money or free listings that they lost. Anyway good luck with your situation.

kyle2

West Africans again perhaps?:ninja:

D@mn inconvenient.:mad:

Guest Guest

I still say BoB should charge a joining fee that will cover such costs as these that the seller now has to carry, and all because some people can't find an honest job and prey on hardworking people like us. NOT COOL!

brands online

yeah, at least success fees can be recovered, listing fees are totally wasted. Not to mention time, effort and the fact that sometimes the stock has to stand upto 3 weeks for everything to be concluded. I don't agree on the joining fee part though. First time online buyers are skeptical already and charging them before they've even done anything will scare lots of legit buyers away too. What to do.. I've just learnt to accept it as the price you pay for the life you choose. Feel for you though C&S!

MsPlod
West Africans again perhaps?:ninja:

D@mn inconvenient.:mad:

More likely to be a Nathan Michael Smith - with relatives all over the USA and UK...

kyle2

Quite a dubious clan that Smith family!:suspicious:

YSLMAGIC

hi Jacque if that could happen................shooooo no refunds needed just the enhancements to carry over to another auction THAT would make my year :)

YSLMAGIC
yeah, at least success fees can be recovered, listing fees are totally wasted. Not to mention time, effort and the fact that sometimes the stock has to stand upto 3 weeks for everything to be concluded. I don't agree on the joining fee part though. First time online buyers are skeptical already and charging them before they've even done anything will scare lots of legit buyers away too. What to do.. I've just learnt to accept it as the price you pay for the life you choose. Feel for you though C&S!

hi Brands Online

i have another idea i know that you and many other sellers also list quite abit so how about if we were given a pre paid package for listings , so that our enhancements wouldnt work out to as much as they do now???? i mean another 1 time seller wanting to get rid of his unwanted junk at home pays the exact same amount for enhancements as we do , yet we probably list around a 1000 or more auctions a month which need atleast R10 to be spent on enhancements.

ok so lets leave the prepaid thing out for a moment and lets throw some incentives at the consistent sellers and say if we reach a certain amount of auctions between the crazy Wednesday , snap Friday and weekend special for the month , we qualify for X amount of free enhancements

i know its abit out there but Christmas is coming soon , maybe something could be in the bag for the Loyal bid or buy sellers:wink: if that were to happen , i wouldnt feel so bad losing my listing fees to these whacked out buyers

jacque31
hi Jacque if that could happen................shooooo no refunds needed just the enhancements to carry over to another auction THAT would make my year :)

Yip that's what I was talking about. At least if you can't be refunded, carry it over to use on future auctions. Also think that would be the easiest way to do it if there would ever be something like that. I'm not a seller but I really feel for the sellers out there having to loose money like this because of scammers and what not. I mean BoB is offering "insurance" to buyers from verified users. But what about the sellers against dodgy buyers. At least in clear cases where scammers are involved :wondering:

YSLMAGIC
Yip that's what I was talking about. At least if you can't be refunded, carry it over to use on future auctions. Also think that would be the easiest way to do it if there would ever be something like that. I'm not a seller but I really feel for the sellers out there having to loose money like this because of scammers and what not. I mean BoB is offering "insurance" to buyers from verified users. But what about the sellers against dodgy buyers. At least in clear cases where scammers are involved :wondering:

i honestly think some people come onto bid or buy just for kicks , 1 person will bid on 10 of your items and some they will outbit what already seems to be good bids , so here you sitting thinking 'my auctions are doing well today' only to find out a week later the buyer either gets blacklisted or i file snc's and lose a whole lot of money difficult to catch them before they have their laughs , but atleast some compensation if we do get hit by these kinda buyers

brands online
hi Brands Online

i have another idea i know that you and many other sellers also list quite abit so how about if we were given a pre paid package for listings , so that our enhancements wouldnt work out to as much as they do now???? i mean another 1 time seller wanting to get rid of his unwanted junk at home pays the exact same amount for enhancements as we do , yet we probably list around a 1000 or more auctions a month which need atleast R10 to be spent on enhancements.

ok so lets leave the prepaid thing out for a moment and lets throw some incentives at the consistent sellers and say if we reach a certain amount of auctions between the crazy Wednesday , snap Friday and weekend special for the month , we qualify for X amount of free enhancements

i know its abit out there but Christmas is coming soon , maybe something could be in the bag for the Loyal bid or buy sellers:wink: if that were to happen , i wouldn't feel so bad losing my listing fees to these whacked out buyers

Hi YSL, how's jhb?

Yup, like your ideas alot. Quite sure a no. of other sellers would agree. Incentive also drives competition and competition is always good for business, especially for BOB.

The downside to the discount idea is that it could be construed as monopolising advertising space. BOB are rather fair like that. By keeping the costs at a fixed rate across the board as they do, it gives everyone a chance to promote their items. If people like you, I and some others who list hundreds of items week in and week out were to be discounted on advertising rates, we'd probably pump that kickback back into advertising. Good for the few but not so much for everyone else. It kinda wrestles with my ethics code :thinking:

YSLMAGIC

hi Brands JHB is hot and dry but its home and i love it!!! ..... makes sense, and i actually never thought of it like that, but its the same with any business , the more you buy the better the price ! and i would like to think that we Loyal bid or buyers , who spend most our lives on the site , need to get something back for all this devotion:wink: dont you think? im sure they will come up with a plan soon when i was still working for a boss , my monthly goal was beating my targets so i'd get my incentive and i kept doing more and more so my employers always got 200% out of me , so if it works in the work place , it must work here and despite what certain people might think i agree with you about the competition 110% the more i sell the better my competition does and vice versa