Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Impatient new buyers

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I've just about had enough of newbies!

Today alone I have lost count on how many emails I have had from various BoB staff following up on complaints from new buyers why their parcels have not yet been dispatched!

Firstly, I list approximate postage dates on our listings as a guideline only on when the next parcel batches are going out. Just because you pay in the morning of let's say Tuesday and the next shipping date is the same day, it does not mean that your parcel will go out the same day (unless miracles happen). There is at least a 48 hour turnaround between payment and dispatch - if there are no hassles with the payment!

I have now had to insert a rather rash message in the shipping block so that buyers can understand that there are delays involved with packing orders. I'm not sitting here twiddling my thumbs just waiting for work to come in - I have to manage my days (and nights) into a tight schedule for doing a multitude of things - from listing items, doing updates, changing relisting quantities, taking photographs, weighing and measuring all items, costing, cash book entries, payment allocations, incoming orders, following up on queries or order errors, wrapping stock securely, packaging, labelling, pricing, posting, etc. - plus most days the lists just get carried over to the next day due to the lack of time to do everything! And those are only the items that come to mind immediately - and don't forget that I still have a household to run too!

The last time I checked I was still only ONE person - and I can't always perform miracles no matter how much I'd love to be able to satisfy everyone by waving my magic wand to get everything done instantly!

So basically PLEASE people - most sellers are the only person running the show in the office. The only "beings" under our roof that have staff are the animals - not me!

If I do not reply to an email within seconds, or send out a "thank you for your payment" email - it does not mean you are being ignored - it just means I am BUSY with orders! I am only human after all...

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

The chances of newbies reading this are slim.

Tell them to read it.

I am trying to find something to vent about too.

We are listening.!!:wondering:

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

Hi Cali

I have found that the only way to get buyers to actually see the shipping messages is to include them in the item detail. People just do not seem to read payment and shipping details if they are at the bottom of the listing . It's amazing how many adults still need to be spoon fed - and I agree - extremely frustrating as a seller !

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I wish someone would pick on me. I need a challenge.

War is long overdue

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip
most sellers are the only person running the show in the office. The only "beings" under our roof that have staff are the animals - not me!

This goes for this seller too!!!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
I wish someone would pick on me. I need a challenge.

War is long overdue

Hi geewhizz

You are welcome to have some of the difficult buyers I've had to deal with in the last month.

I've been threatened and insulted on numerous occasions, but have decided to take it into my stride.

I don't even get upset or angry anymore.

I even had a buyer give me a neutral for sending out an email to my buyers giving them the results of a competition that I run for my buyers every month.

Some people are just impossible to please no matter what you do.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

A few times I have bought items on BOB for job sites I`m working on I always ask the seller can my item be dispatched straight away and can I pay for speed service , I then make payment straight away and still wait 3-4 days after I have asked the seller if he can post straight away , this is how ether a completely different subject , I agree if you did not agree to sending item straight away by all means don`t but if you agree ( and this is not aimed at anyone ) do what you said you would. I`m so frustrated paid a lot for speed service same day item not shipped 2 days later,..:(

Cali Craft and Gems

I understand the speed services "saga" of which I must admit that I will usually push these parcels in front of the econoparcel ones only due to the fact that the buyer has paid for the option, but sometimes this is not always possible due to a number of factors. But admittedly, the speed service parcels will always be sent as quickly as possible - even if it means a special trip to the post office with one parcel only!

I always take into consideration the time frame for delivery - example for a speed services item, the parcel will only be dispatched on a Mon, Tues, Wed or Thurs so that the latest day the customer will get his parcel will still be before a weekend. I refuse to send out parcels on Fri or Sat, or just before a public holiday! The increased theft risk is not worth it!

But ultimately I must state that there have been plenty of times that I have upgraded the buyer's selected shipping option at my own expense for a number of reasons, including where the delays have been a bit longer than expected (due to a number of factors including things beyond my control), and one December, I upgraded all the parcels in the week before Christmas Day so that the buyers would definitely have their parcels - and not one single thank you or acknowledgement! Just last week I sent a parcel via courier to door for a customer who had paid for econoparcel - the reason being that their item was in an outside storeroom which had to be unpacked for me to get to the item, and the weather had been too awful for me to unpack the items outside! That buyer was elated!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Understand your point 100% , my situation just a bit different, since I ask before the time if it is possible. Regards

babyface2    10
babyface2

@ cali, i understand your frustation as i have the exact same scenario as you, one person can only do so much, what i do now is send the newbies parcels first as i think that they think it will not be sent and apologize to my regular buyers for sending one day late. at least they understand and know that i will be sending the parcel as soon as humanly possible.

@geewhizz, pam i sent your parcel but if i knew wanted to have a war i could have kept it back for a month then you could have taken your frustation out on me LOL

new buyers seems to think that they are the one and only person buying from you, i think we should all get together and write a book on all good and bad experiences on bob with buyers will probably make a fortune:amuse:

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Well some of my parcels were posted a bit late this week because I had my son here for a friends wedding

and I needed to do other things.

I am very frustrated right now. I am not getting stock. Hubby says I talk nonsense--"this house is full of ....." but I want something new and interesting to awaken my senses.

I am also finding Bob very slow. Viewing is minimal --What is happening?

SProducts    10
SProducts

I thought I was alone, worse I came accross those arrogant buyers who would promise to open cases and lots of threats. I always ask myself, dont these people realise how much resources they are wasting. One would send an email every hour, the first email is a query and second a complain because you havent responded and thereafter its all threats and insults.

I always give atleast 12 hours for an email.

Sipho

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

This is a bit off topic but I wonder if other buyers have this problem.

I had 5 items ending tonight that were being tracked but did not sell.

This happens everyday.

Who is tracking my items? I think I will change my user name and see if it stops.

If one person is doing this surely Bob can put a stop to it.

Am I alone???:suspicious:

brands online    10
brands online

Nope, happens to me all the time too geewhizz. I have this odd feeling other sellers do it to '******' product lines. And I only say this cos more often than not, the next week there are other sellers runnng those products. All's fair in love and war 'ey. Besides, tracking products unnecessarily is not a crime on BOB as far as I know. All the info (price sold for, etc.) is available anyway under the seller's items recently sold.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

geewhizz, it happens to me aswell, I think it is possible new seller that is trying to figure out the sales amounts of items to see if it would be viable. Or maybe they want to buy but do not have the money now and plan for the future....

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi Cali, maybe you should hire a helper... :huh: I looking for a job :cheesy:

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi all

I've managed to get most of the parcels out - including ones where the payment only came in today!

What I've also done to cover my behind is put the following message in my listings:

IMPORTANT: Information for all buyers: Your tracking number will not be issued within minutes of your payment. The postage dates below are a GUIDELINE only due to the high volume of orders. There is an average of a 48 hour turnaround between the payment and parcel dispatch (excluding weekends) - please just be patient! There are procedures that are followed to ensure the safe packaging and delivery of your goods. If I do not reply to your email immediately or if I do not "thank you" for your payment, I am not ignoring you so please do not report me as such! My buyers are my priority and I cannot satisfy everyone immediately - I am only one person running the business!

babyface2    10
babyface2

This happens everyday.

Who is tracking my items? I think I will change my user name and see if it stops.

you are not alone, i wish there was a system where you can see who is tracking. in this place i have a lot of competition and i am sure they are all tracking my items. i would just love to have a system on bob when the opposition tracks you can delete them from tracking or block them from tracking your items

meeks    10
meeks

This happens everyday.

You are SO not alone, I have the same thing, trackers on items and sometimes they sell, sometimes they do not, but when the buy now items are being tracked, well, that I am still trying to figure out( some of my buy now kits have been tracked, even with only ONE on offer).???:huh:

koekies63    10
koekies63

I like to track items, sometimes I buy sometimes I just track to see what the item sold for in the end, sometimes I track a item look around and find the same item for less postage, I have also tracked items that I could have won for R1 close to the auctions closing but then I just feel to guilty to bid, feeling like I am robbing someone by getting the item for R1. hope this helps you understand at least 1 buyers tracking mind.

sungems    10
sungems
I wish someone would pick on me. I need a challenge.War is long overdue

Thanks, this attitude just made my day - Not to want to pick a fight - but just the idea that came across: “I am ready for anything that will be thrown at me”

I've just about had enough of newbies!...

I second this, newbies are afraid, they do not know what to do therefore we need to explain to them a couple of times over and over the same info nad still they do not understand, if you look closely MOST negative rating are given when the user are newbies but I would not expect buyers to read the forum regarding postage delays this is not fare even to eprerienced users. If informed via the space you do have on the shipping detail especially in advance that there will be a delay in postage it was there choice to still bid on the items.

Hi Cali I have found that the only way to get buyers to actually see the shipping messages is to include them in the item detail. People just do not seem to read payment and shipping details if they are at the bottom of the listing . It's amazing how many adults still need to be spoon fed - and I agree - extremely frustrating as a seller !

This is not that easy if you do have hundreds of items listed. When you need to change something even just a farce of how your terms is worded you need to edit all those hundreds of listings, not possible.

(I have tried to edit and delte this double quotes now 3 times it would not delete no matter what I try) )

Edited by sungems

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

hi ALL new buyer sdont read anything , they ignore anything in the listing that doesnt say what they want it to say and are always too quick to give the negative ratings , so i too have a new attitude , ratings dont bother me none , and when they complain i just print screens illustrating where i explained procedure before they , resend the email i send out after every sale and tell them to READ!!!!!!!

Juju13    10
Juju13
you are not alone, i wish there was a system where you can see who is tracking. in this place i have a lot of competition and i am sure they are all tracking my items. i would just love to have a system on bob when the opposition tracks you can delete them from tracking or block them from tracking your items

I completely agree. It's almost unethical for other sellers to track their competition. BoB should put some kind of system in place where, if the person tracking you has an item in the same category for sale, it let's you know their name, the competing product(s) that they have listed, and give you the option to delete them and/or block them from tracking you.

Edit: Although I realise now that you can block a buyer. Perhaps just block those that you see as competition.

Edited by Juju13

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

Edit: Although I realise now that you can block a buyer. Perhaps just block those that you see as competition.

hi Babyface , i think you can only block a buyer that has bought from you or has bid on your items , so to stop them tracking is a problem

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Help me out here-I Dont get the point you guys are making about seller/buyers tracking your items?This can in no way influence the price on your item and if a seller was interested in the price you get for an item he can follow this up in many ways,I.E. by checking your recently sold items,or just looking at the promotional sales page the next day and all prices realised are displayed.I sell 100 items a week and the amount of trackers definitely shows interest in the item and more often than not ,that item will realise a better than expected price-When there are no trackers on your items then maybe it is time to worry!!!!

neil