Sign in to follow this  
Angeluv

Closing an auction early ?

Angeluv    10
Angeluv

Someone asked me to close my auction 3 days early,

how does this work, am i able to close it ?

But now i would feel bad, because of the other person who has placed a bid,

how can i just close it, without letting them know that im closing the auction early.

Is that fair on the person who has bid ? And the person who has bid, is a new member, so i would feel bad if he joined bidorbuy to bid on my item, and then i closed it for someone else?

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:wink:Hi, if other bids on on the auction you may not close early as far as i know, also if there is people tracking it you may not close, you may only close if no other bids and no trackings, in the questions and answers just explain this to your buyer, then there should be no hard feelings!

Edited by DestinysAngels

Angeluv    10
Angeluv

Ok, thank you!

There is one bid, and 2 users tracking.

So i will just answer their question and say i cant close it early because of this.

But it does give me the option to close it ?

Edited by Angeluv

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:wink:Yes that would be fine and the buyer will have to understand as this is the rules and not your fault, good luck and may you get more bids on it!

admin    0
admin

Hi AngeLuv Goodies,

The seller can close their auction at anytime, provided that it is closed with a winner should it have bids on. To get info to the bidder(s) you can ask yourself a question on the item and then answer it :wink: It would be a good idea to state in future auctions that you might close the item before the listed end time, will save you a couple of hassles should it happen again.

Angeluv    10
Angeluv

Thank u Admin. But if the close the auction for someone who hasnt bid on it ? Or must they have also bid on it ?

A buyer said he will pay me the amount i want if i close the auction early for him, but he hasnt bid on it yet ?

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

Angeluv if you close the auction the leading bid at that the time of close is the winner.

If somebody has requested that you close the auction , then they must bid on the item before you close it . You cannot close and auction and then accept a higher amount from someone who has not bid !

bigv1978    10
bigv1978

Hi

I would will like to know, lets say you have an auction running and it's on R2000 and the winning bidder at that point offers you R2500 to close the auction early, how can you adjust the price to R2500 if you want to accept his offer and if you can't then how are the other sellers doing this?

KMartin    10
KMartin

I had a scenario this week where i bid for an item, and auction closed withing 5 min... day early.. 2 min later got email saying item was listed wrong, please dont pay. i waited a bit and saw the seller re-posted the same item, but with correct details inside. that i can understand, if auction was listed wrong. Nothing more i could do.. so left at that and gave positive rating anyway for being hounest as i could see item description was wrong to start.

point being.... be informative to your buyers.

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
Hi AngeLuv Goodies,

The seller can close their auction at anytime, provided that it is closed with a winner should it have bids on. To get info to the bidder(s) you can ask yourself a question on the item and then answer it :wink: It would be a good idea to state in future auctions that you might close the item before the listed end time, will save you a couple of hassles should it happen again.

ADMIN , YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR , i never ever thought i could ask myself a question , well honestly i never even thought about it but while typing this i had to try and it worked (not that i was doubting you:wink:) this just made my day , there were so many times this could have helped me and even bettered my bids thank you Admin this is going to be a real help

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
Hi

I would will like to know, lets say you have an auction running and it's on R2000 and the winning bidder at that point offers you R2500 to close the auction early, how can you adjust the price to R2500 if you want to accept his offer and if you can't then how are the other sellers doing this?

hi well to my knowledge you can just close it at R2000 since you and the buyer have an agreement and the proof will be in the Q&A and as a seller you can be sure the buyer will honour the agreement since he has to pay before you can deliver , but now that im typing this i realise bid or buy will be out on the commision on the extra R500 so im not sure if they allow it , maybe they have another option , sorry i thought what i knew was right , maybe im wrong

Gem Shop    10
Gem Shop

As a rule I will not close an auction early if there are trackers...if no one is tracking the item and the price is right I regularly close an auction early if asked to do so....the reason why I wont do it when there is trackers is because that tracker could be waiting for the last minute...and you could always make second offers to runner ups?

k1ngm4k3r    10
k1ngm4k3r

I have 1 bidder on my auction item and he askes to pay over his bid and end the auction early. How do I go about doing this? Ive searched through the forums and found no answer on how to do it, only that the bidder cant out bid himself and I cant edit the details to include a higher amount. How do I go about including the extra amount so the system will track it?