Sign in to follow this  
Wild Olive Art

No proof of payment

Wild Olive Art

I have a problem with a buyer who claims that he made payment for the auction he won but no payment reflects in my account and the status on the item remains "The buyer completed checkout on 29 Sep 20:05. Auction won on 29 Sep 20:01.

bobPay - EFT payment not yet completed".

This buyer claims that he used the incorrect reference number when paying but surely even if he had used the incorrect reference number , the EFT would reflect as completed ??

I have now relisted the items for sale , however the buyer is adamant that he has made payment , yet in spite of me repeatedly requesting proof of payment to be sent though to me , none has been forthcoming.

He is a very pleasant person to talk to on the phone and was most apologetic for the "non payment". I do not want to re sell the paintings if this person genuinely has paid , however I am sure the BOB EFT would have reflected that payment had been completed even if he had used the wrong reference number ??? :worried:

What do I do ?

SProducts

If he made payment, tell him to email hello@bidorbuy .co.za with the proof of payment and they will manually allocate to your account. That's if he really paid, if he knows he used a wrong reference he would have tried to sort it out with Bidorbuy.

As long as the system doesnt show the payment as completed, the money is not there and dont send it.

Sipho

Wild Olive Art

Thanks for responding Sipho,the bottom line is the money is not in my account , the BOB EFT does not reflect as completed and I am still waiting for proof of payment !:mad:

kyle2

At the end of the day, the buyer has to prove he made the payment if he wants the goods. No payment, no goods.Give the buyer a deadline of a couple of days, that should be enough time for the buyer to get a statement from the bank if necesary.

After that follow due procedure, SNC's and so forth.

Some buyers will take advantage of a sellers good nature, so beware!:colbert:

MsPlod

Had a similar problem (from the buyer's side) and emailed hello@bidorbuy.co.za and it took a day or two to sort out. A charming woman by the name of Solanche Schoeman was able to get the payment to reflect. Even though I did use the correct reference - the problem apparently came in the following according to Solanche "If the buyer pays for all the items on the same time but was purchased on different days the system won't recall all the items purchased only on the same day". So there are/were some glitches and hitches in the BoBPay system. Given that an incorrect reference may have been used - the BoB team will need to do some scratching to find it. I might help if the buyer gets off their butt and sends their own proof of payment to BoB so that it can be expedited though.

Wild Olive Art

Thanks for that info MsPlod . I have asked the buyer to forward the proof of payment to BOB as well as to me and he has still not produced it ! I will contact BOB myself and see if they can actually pick up anything but I suspect that non payment may actually be the case here considering the buyer is failing to produce proof pf payment.

babyface2
I have a problem with a buyer who claims that he made payment for the auction he won but no payment reflects in my account and the status on the item remains "The buyer completed checkout on 29 Sep 20:05. Auction won on 29 Sep 20:01.

bobPay - EFT payment not yet completed".

This buyer claims that he used the incorrect reference number when paying but surely even if he had used the incorrect reference number , the EFT would reflect as completed ??

I have now relisted the items for sale , however the buyer is adamant that he has made payment , yet in spite of me repeatedly requesting proof of payment to be sent though to me , none has been forthcoming.

He is a very pleasant person to talk to on the phone and was most apologetic for the "non payment". I do not want to re sell the paintings if this person genuinely has paid , however I am sure the BOB EFT would have reflected that payment had been completed even if he had used the wrong reference number ??? :worried:

What do I do ?

maybe he has paid, i made the same mistake and forgot to change the code. contacted bob and they sorted it out. i suggest you ask the buyer to do the same

Wild Olive Art

I have repeatedly asked this buyer to send proof of payment and in a telephonic conversation requested that he contact BOB. However , he does nothing to resolve this issue.

I am sure that had he made payment - even with the wrong code , it would reflect that payment had been effected and not remain as "EFT payment not yet completed".

I am finding it very difficult to deal with a buyer who insists that payment has been made though Bob and yet will not produce any evidence thereof.

MsPlod
I have repeatedly asked this buyer to send proof of payment and in a telephonic conversation requested that he contact BOB. However , he does nothing to resolve this issue.

I am sure that had he made payment - even with the wrong code , it would reflect that payment had been effected and not remain as "EFT payment not yet completed".

I am finding it very difficult to deal with a buyer who insists that payment has been made though Bob and yet will not produce any evidence thereof.

Strongly recommend that you issue an SNC - and submit all your emails and comments to hello@bidorbuy.co.za. Then it will be up to the buyer to produce the proof pronto and you can get on with your life. Not fair for you to be kept hanging around like this!

koekies63

As soon as I win a auction I make payment even if it is via bob I still send the seller a copy of the payment made with a note that I have paid, I keep the proof until I receive the item then only I delete it, if he did not keep proof he can still get it off his bank and send it to you. So if the buyer cant be bothered sending you proof then why should you trust him that he did pay if nothing shows on your side.

admin

Hi Wild Olive Art,

If the buyer used the incorrect reference number when making payment, the system will not be able to allocate the money to the sale so it will show Awaiting Payment. The payment will have to be searched for manually and with thousands of payments made on a daily basis, with other buyers also making mistakes, I am sure it could take a while. If the buyer can give you the reference he used it might help to speed up the process.

Taking a wild guess here with the last part, totally out of my field.

BoBoy

what do I do

Hi,I made a payment with the correct codes and everything but it stil shows waiting for payment what should I do.I don't know if it wil be Right tomorro because my Frriend said the payment wil only come through tomorrow.How do I get proof of payment

admin

Hi BoBoy,

Welcome to the Forum.

It shows EFT payment completed at 19:55 for the amount of R213.50 on your side and on the seller's side. "Your bobPay - EFT payment R213.50 has been confirmed. The payment reference is 3LJCBZ"

vanmaninc

Hello everyone :D

BoBoy

1 way is if you actually walk to the bank, and deposit the money, your deposit slip acts as a Proof of Payment

2nd way is via EFT - after payment is made there should be a option to print a payment receipt (Standard Bank)

Edited by vanmaninc

SProducts

The funniest thing happened last week, the buyer bought a cell phone for R1890.00. On Monday last week says she paid and need the phone as a Christmas gift. I inform her she needs to forward proof of payment to hello@bidorbuy.co.za.

Her major complain is that she needs the item before Christmas, so I promise to help but wont send till the payment is on my BobPay EFT account.

She sends the proof of payment and I forward to Bidorbuy on her behalf. After checking Bidorbuy ask for the exact account she paid into. Then the buyer emails me to cancel the order.

Later on I get an email I'm cc'd from Bidorbuy informing the buyer the account number on the proof of payment isnt BobPay's account. The buyer has since disappeared.

The bottom line, the buyer was trying to scam me with a false proof of payment!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Had a similar thing happen today a fake sms proof of payment.

Buyer not too clever though as no bank is even mentioned in the sms, there's always a bank mentioned.

If the payment comes through on my bank account, then fine, but I'm not posting till it shows.

JPBon

ok my one is suddenly an overseas buyer who wants to buy Jewelery from me and offers me $100 for shipping and tells me they will pay by paypal.... uhm no thanks I dont do paypal.

RAJRULES1

Be careful with overseas buyers. When I had iPads for sale, some overseas buyers were prepared to pay twice the price for my item. One was from the US, where the iPads originated, and could have bought one there for half my price. Later found out that she was a Doctor who wanted to buy it for her nephew in West Africa.

I received at least 4 doctors (3 from the UK) requesting to purchase the iPads for their nepphews in west africa and were willing to pay any price too.:grin: