Sign in to follow this  
bigv1978

I smell a scam!

bigv1978

Hi

Its to good to be true

Volkswagen - 2007 VW Golf 5 GTI DSG for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26995475)

Toyota - 2006 Toyota Yaris Automatic for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26995484)

BMW - 2004 BMW 3 SERIES 325Ci for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26995493)

BMW - BMW M3 SEDAN 2009 for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26995503)

Toyota - 2008 Toyota Hilux D4D for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26995518)

Mercedes-Benz - 2003 MERCEDES BENS S350 AUTO for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26996159)

Mini - 2007 Mini Cooper S for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26996170)

Ford - Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 2009 for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26996212)

Land Rover - 2005 Land Rover Discovery 3 V8 HSE for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26996364)

Sport Bikes - 2008 Yamaha R6 600CC for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26995543)

Super Bikes - 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 1000CC for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26995664)

Choppers - 2008 HARLEY DAVIDSON ROCKER C for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:26996138)

Here is the reply

The price is R31,000 . The Kawasaki looks and runs great, it has no accidents, I am the first owner. I am selling the bike so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my job and I am going through a divorce. I am a Tradebroker so the transaction will be done through BidorBuy. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official prcleardot.gifocedure, and BidorBuy will notify you about this. BidorBuy will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the bike you will receive your money back. Thanks, Soraya

kyle2

Smells very funny.:evil:

Bertman Trading

I agree!

If it isn't a scam I will buy every one of his vehicles!:rolleyes:

mellowred

All items have been deleted in the last 10 minutes or so. Very strange - the seller has sold more than 500 items with all positive ratings :wondering:.

From military items to cars, bikes and caravans (?). I wonder what happened here?

bigv1978
All items have been deleted in the last 10 minutes or so. Very strange - the seller has sold more than 500 items with all positive ratings :wondering:.

From military items to cars, bikes and caravans (?). I wonder what happened here?

Hi

I also found it strange for a seller with such a good rating to pull a move like this, I think BOB should investigate even if items are deleted.

Bertman Trading

"..and I am going through a divorce."

Perhaps this case is similar to the case where a woman who sold her husband's Lotus for 50p on ebay:rolleyes:

Scorned wife sells Lotus for 50p

Bertman Trading

I think his account has been jeopardised.

I checked the questions asked and answered on his items, both open and closed. In the questions he indicated that he will be moving to the West Rand (not the UK) and he was still home on Saturday to measure an item.

I asked a question on one of the bargain cars and received an answer similar to the one received by Bigv1978:

"The price is R34,000 . The VW looks and runs great, it has no accidents, I am the first owner. I am selling the car so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my job and I am going through a divorce. I am a Tradebroker so the transaction will be done through BidorBuy. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and BidorBuy will notify you about this. BidorBuy will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the car you will receive your money back. Thanks, Soraya "

I believe it is an automated response as I asked questions regarding the motive and not the sale:huh:

kyle2

The thot plickens!

West africans at it again?:wondering:

Bertman Trading
The thot plickens!

LOL!:laugh:

qball

The seller's account was hi-jacked. We believe scammers are using Phishing methods to lure people into "updating" their personal login details, or their account will be suspended by bidorbuy! Please be wary of such emails, bidorbuy will never send you an email like this.

Kind regards

Cuan

mellowred

Nice one BigV. :smile:

brands online

This sucks, Now I need to watch BOB mails as well as my bank's..

bigv1978
Nice one BigV. :smile:

Thanks mellowred

RAG Auctioneers

Scary...

qball

Further to this we have established that the scammers created a spoof site which you are redirected to, to login (it looks like the bidorbuy login page). They capture your details and use that to access your account and then start selling items. The email also originates from a free mail service like webmail.co.za or live.co.za.

Always check your destination URL/website address to ensure it is bidorbuy, and check the email sender's address, if need be, check the email header and properties. As we said before we will never send out an email to update your details. Please see this article:

A real-life phishing saga | bidorbuy Official Blog

Thanks

Cuan

ClickandShip

The more Bid or Buy is growing, the more they are targeted...

Sad sign of success..

Vinyl Lady Decals

I was wondering when this was going to happen.

Well it's a sign that BoB is getting noticed like all the other big sites such as Facebook and Twitter