Sign in to follow this  
bigv1978

Am I right, wrong or being unreasonable?

bigv1978

Hi

I received my first neutral rating today with the comment “no comment" and it really got to me. I feel that if a buyer has a problem with either my service or product they should email or call me before giving me a neutral rating.

So I decided to change my rating to a neutral and sent an email explaining my reason being the comment “ no comment” does not help anyone on BOB and they should of given me feedback and a chance to solve their prblem or whatever they where not happy with before given me a neutral rating the remarks “no comment”

I know most people on BOB just judge buyers on if payment was made on time but I feel a buyer should let a seller know there is something wrong and let the seller try and fix the problem before giving a negative or neutral rating and that a buyers rating should also be based on communication that we all expect from buyers and sellers.

Do you thing I am wrong for changing my positive rating to a neutral cause I know some consider it as a revenge rating?

SProducts

Well I'm in that situation, I have constantly asked most buyers to update their rating as it doesnt make sense. Today I just received a neutral with comment "good product", now why neutral I dont know.

Its revenge rating, but I think its justified as you received an unfair rating and so why not also give them an unfair rating. I'm considering doing the same.

Sipho

anerstemens

Well I`m a bit stressed bought a product today that I really need hope the service is better than the guys rating.,. I think your rating is unfair.. E-mail BOB and appeal....

bigv1978
Well I'm in that situation, I have constantly asked most buyers to update their rating as it doesnt make sense. Today I just received a neutral with comment "good product", now why neutral I dont know.

Its revenge rating, but I think its justified as you received an unfair rating and so why not also give them an unfair rating. I'm considering doing the same.

Sipho

Hi

Thinking about it, it is revenge but as you say it is justified and I firmly believe that!

bigv1978
Well I`m a bit stressed bought a product today that I really need hope the service is better than the guys rating.,. I think your rating is unfair.. E-mail BOB and appeal....

Hi

Thanks for the honesty, I know we not suppose to stoop down to another peoples level and change our ratings, maybe BOB should start a 5 star rating like ebay. it just gets annoying when someone has a problem but can't communicate and tell you what is the problem, There was one buyer that was not happy and she emailed me, told me her complaints and I refunded her 100% excluding postage, the way it's suppose to be done. At the end of the day the buyer says" no comment" which is not helpful at all. If I get a negative or neutral rating then it must be justified and constuctive not only for me but for all others to see where and what I lack. If the buyer gave me a reason then I would of not changed my rating.

I gather we just have to bend over and take it :). Will email BOB but without the buyer giving a reason why they gave me that rating then I dont know how BOB is going to solve it

qball

We do not allow revenge ratings. Rather contact the user and try resolve the situation directly, do not use the rating system to do this. Please edit your rating back to positive for the buyer. What you are doing is what everyone is complaining about, this is not justified and it is due to actions like this that the rating system is abused by both buyer and seller.

Thank you

Cuan

SProducts
We do not allow revenge ratings. Rather contact the user and try resolve the situation directly, do not use the rating system to do this. Cuan

What if the buyer doesnt respond, can I contact Bidorbuy to look into the matter?

Sipho

qball

This is dependent on the rating being brought to our attention. Please note, it is not our policy to get involved in rating disputes unless there are exceptional circumstances, blatant abuse or threats/offensive language etc. A neutral, stating no comment would not warrant our involvment, as neutrals do not count against your score and you have the opportunity to reply to it, giving your side, which must remain civil, factual and relevant.

bigv1978
We do not allow revenge ratings. Rather contact the user and try resolve the situation directly, do not use the rating system to do this. Please edit your rating back to positive for the buyer. What you are doing is what everyone is complaining about, this is not justified and it is due to actions like this that the rating system is abused by both buyer and seller.

Thank you

Cuan

I will change it but let me ask you this.

Will BOB get involed if the buyer does not responed to my email?

Why should sellers only rate buyers based upon wheather the payment was made on time only? why cant we rate them on communication as well?

My listing makes it clear that should they have a problem they must contact me before leaving a neutral or negative rating

Thanks

Vasili

qball

Hi Vasili

As per my previous post, no, we would not get involved as there is no rating abuse. The neutral does not state anything offensive nor abusive, and as a neutral, it does not count against you in terms of your overall rating score, as a result we would not intervene or get involved. By changing your positive to a neutral, is retaliatory and this is the sort of behaviour we do not condone or expect from our members. There could be a number of reasons why a buyer rated you neutral, they do not need to contact you before hand to give you a rating. The rating serves as feedback to the transaction, and the buyer obviously has an issue, but it's not rating abuse. The bottom line is that you, the member, are ultimately responsible for resolving rating disputes, not bidorbuy and in this instance we would unfortunately not get involved.

Kind regards

Cuan

SProducts
This is dependent on the rating being brought to our attention. Please note, it is not our policy to get involved in rating disputes unless there are exceptional circumstances, blatant abuse or threats/offensive language etc. A neutral, stating no comment would not warrant our involvment, as neutrals do not count against your score and you have the opportunity to reply to it, giving your side, which must remain civil, factual and relevant.

I wasnt aware a neutral doesnt affect the rating, I will just reply to the neutral.

Sipho