Sign in to follow this  
geldenhuys1

Overseas Buyer

geldenhuys1

Hi

I have sold last night one of my items to a overseas buyer, but i do not know if this is a scam. This is the message I recieved from him or her:

"Hello seller just bought your item on bid or buy,i would want you to know that i am getting the item for my son who is graduating from college ,i would like you to get the total shipping cost to his location via EMS speed postal service to:

State:Arizona

City: Phoenix

zip-code:85014

Kindly do this asap so that i can get payment done as soon as i read back from you via PayPal, and if you do not have a PayPal Account you could register on their website or kindly provide me with your Banking details so that when i get the payment done it would be credited into your Bank Account.Hope to read from you in the morning.

Regards,

Sandra"

If you read it you will see that i must send it with Nigeran Mail?? Hmmmm i wonder? This is the user: All ratings received by smithsandra44595950 on bidorbuy.co.za

:rolleyes:

retailrush

Hi there

I would offer to activate the BoB Credit Card payment facility for them to make the payment. That's what I do for my overseas sales - and it works like a charm!

Wild Olive Art

I think the poor English is reason for suspicion and if your buyer has no previous ratings , definite reason to be cautious . I would email the client back requesting that they complete the purchase order and payment as per the terms of the listing and see where your request leads but I think MsPlod's link sums it all up .

geldenhuys1

I have spoken to "SANDRA" again and asked her to pay any amount she want from any courier she want. This is her replay:

Hello thanks for the mail am glad you called your Bank and got back to me, i would want you to please check for the shipment cost from your side to his location which i gave you in my first mail in the United States Of America, so i can be sure i am paying the right shipment cost to avoid loss on your side, Just get to the South Africa postal Service office (SAPO) and make inquiry of shipment cost via EMS postal service to be sure asap you get this done kindly provide me with the cost and also Your bank Account details so that i can get the payment done asap.

Information needed concerning your Bank Account details is:

Bank Name

Account holder name

Account number

Account branch

Branch code.

Hope to read back from you asap and thanks for your time.

Sandra.

LOL, will update the "soup" soon.....

geldenhuys1

Got a mail back from buyer stating that money have been paid. Also recieved emails that look just like paypal but it was send from the buyers email address on behalf off PayPal. Its unbelievible what these people will do. All I can say to all BOB users, make SURE all money cleared in your account before sending anything to buyers.

jacque31

LoL so funny this! Definitely a scam.

But keep us updated. Looks like it is pre-written / thought out / copy-paste crap. I'm mean really, if you try to scam people at least let it look like you are actually on the same page with them and not just pasting some random text that you though how the conversation would turn out. Looks like they can't even adapt to a simple change in the situation or whatever. Wow if this is how clever you need to be to be a scammer - then I think we all have the wrong job here:razz:

geldenhuys1

see attached PayPal email.

Capture..jpg.38048bb8a3a160071a85ad3c5b3e1dc5.jpg