Sign in to follow this  
ClickandShip

Can't Upload Pictures...

ClickandShip

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/image/fck_image.jsp might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

More information on this error

Is anyone else struggling to upload pictures?

MacMuffin

Hi - we had some power-surge in the data-centre and our upload server's - both redundant power-supplies died. Really a freak-situation and we hope to restore service by around 1-2pm today. All existing thumbnails will work, but images hosted on our image-server as well as image-uploads will not work.

I will post an update once service is restored. We are sorry about the downtime, but are working quite quick to get the service up and running again.

SProducts

I also noticed this, I couldnt login and when I tried to access the forum it was also not accessible. Everything is back in order now.

Sipho

RAG Auctioneers

Still cant upload images, or view images listings.

ClickandShip

Me neither...

RAG Auctioneers

We have to get images up by tomorrows Crazy Auction.

Any feedback?

ClickandShip

i have a feeling there will be a lot of sellers working late tonight...

MacMuffin

Hi - servers are up and running. We had a power issue in the data-centre and needed to recable a powerstrip. Apologies for the downtime caused. We have our fully redundant servers up and running by the end of this week.

RAG Auctioneers

Sounds hectic.

Thanks MM.

Not1CentMore

All pics still missing from listings. Tried to re-do and all I get is little box with red x. Going offsite (Photobucket) to 'fix' Crazy Wednesday listings. Will this need to be done to ALL listings?

Edited by Not1CentMore

MacMuffin
All pics still missing from listings. Tried to re-do and all I get is little box with red x. Suggestions....

Can you post a link - I did some spot checks and everything seems to look fine. All servers are up and running too.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MAC

Definitely problem again-Thumbnails not opening and uploads are coming back with red error message and when they go through the picture does not appear but a url path shows -I have posted this elsewhere as well!!

NEIL

MacMuffin

can you open a command prompt on Windows and then execute the following: ipconfig /flushdns

you might also need to reconnect on your internet connection

Not1CentMore

Here is one: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=26861229

If I go offsite and use Photobucket and direct link, then it is fine: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=26515657

Even regular listings....pics are poof!: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=26829961 - over 2000 of 'em.

Not1CentMore

I am getting the box with red x. No pic. Am I to add ALL pics to Photobucket and direct link on ALL auctions?

MacMuffin
I am getting the box with red x. No pic. Am I to add ALL pics to Photobucket and direct link on ALL auctions?

I wouldn't. I did spot checks and your images look okay. Not sure if anyone else reading this can confirm, but I am pretty confident that it might just be a problem on your end. I look at our image servers and images are uploaded and do display.

Who is your ISP or how do you connect to the internet? Did you try the command I posted a few posts back?

admin

Looks fine to me as well. :wink:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ADMIN/MACMUFFIN

All is not well-Since the problem you had i cannot open thumbnails and when i upload i get no physical picture but do get the path shown in top box-Also sometimes the red message comes back socket read failure-I am using firefox and had no problem before your problem-Also tried on different computer and same result.

please advise,NEIL

Not1CentMore

Charter Communications (USA). High speed cable (not DSL or dial-up). I checked using son's computer and wireless laptop. Still the red x in white box UNLESS I upload direct path from Photobucket.

Click on thumbnail and get the same little white box with red x.

Did not try command as it is 'unfamiliar territory'. Not sure if it is a 'generic' computer thingy or if one has to be in SA.

Checked other Seller's auctions. Same thing, so must be this side. Grrr...madder than a cat trying to cover poop on a marble floor! Charter is getting a phone call and Windows IE is going OUT the window!

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

admin

Hi Neil,

Your items thumbnails open fine on my side, using Firefox.

153455_101004204427_Neil.JPG

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi admin.macmuffin

I get this message now when i try to upload"processing of multipart/form data request failure. socket read failed.

I have re installed firefox and same result-All my existing thumbnails are there but any thumbnail i try to open gives me small black box and if i follow up it says i am not authorised to view?

I need to sort this out

NEIL-

ClickandShip

All Links to Listings Display perfect from my side too..:angel:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi MAC

Thanks but i cannot do a crash course in programming so i will take two aspirins and have an early night and hope that all is well in the morning and the refresh works-.

neil

MacMuffin
Hi MAC

Thanks but i cannot do a crash course in programming so i will take two aspirins and have an early night and hope that all is well in the morning and the refresh works-.

neil

Sorry for the inconvenience caused - this is really frustrating for me as well. Hopefully it will be fine by tomorrow. If you struggle, please give me a call and I talk you through it tomorrow. I will also prep the other guys for any support issues.