Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

No Pictures Uploading

voldermort    10
voldermort

I am trying to place some ads and when I go to upload images nothing is going on and I'm just getting timed out?? Is this BoB's side?:wondering:

Vegar    10
Vegar

All the pictures in my listings have gone AWOL ... :huh:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Same. :huh:

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi - we had some power-surge in the data-centre and our upload server's - both redundant power-supplies died. Really a freak-situation and we hope to restore service by around 1-2pm today. All existing thumbnails will work, but images hosted on our image-server as well as image-uploads will not work.

I will post an update once service is restored. We are sorry about the downtime, but are working quite quick to get the service up and running again.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MACMUFFIN

Picture uploads are a problem again-Thumbnails not opening and uploads shown as url path and not actual picture after upload!!Hope you are going to be up as late as we are tonight.

NEIL

babyface2    10
babyface2

also having problems uploading hope it will be fixed soon

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi, I am real unsure where the problem is. I also proxied into our site from an overseas location and all images work fine. I do see all the thumbnails, the image server is busy uploading images as I write this and thumbnails are generated. There are no errors in server logs either.

I also just created a test listing and the image gets uploaded and the listing displays fine. The only thing I could think of is that somehow your PC does not resolve to our servers (perhaps an ISP problem).

You can try the following command on the windows commandline: ipconfig /flushdns

(this will flush any DNS settings and will hopefully resolve the problem).

This sounds like an isolated problem with a few users. Yes we had major issues with power in the data-centre between 10am and 3pm today, but the service got restored then. Other than running the above command and clearing your browser cache, I am unsure what other advise I can give you as I can not reproduce the problem on our site.

I also just got feedback from Andries that he also sees the pictures fine...

jonnyo    10
jonnyo

I have the same issue so it can not be unique to one computer. It still exists at 16H30 on 5/10/2010