Sign in to follow this  
EEND

E-MAIL NEW xxxx.ORG from Flip Snyman

EEND

Hi Bobers

Are you guys happy that over 400 or more email addresses are presented for everybody to view. He could have bcc the collectors or investors. This info in the wrong hands can be misused. What is your view. Regards Neels

Vinyl Lady Decals

Sorry, I don't understand your post.

If you are referring to a listing, please post a link so that we can see it.

admin

Hi Tananka,

The way that I see this is that this person sent an email to over 400 people about a new website, with the email addresses viewable by all recipients.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Thanks Admin, I couldn't make out what it was about.

If it's that, then first of all, it's not professional to do this.

And yes, giving out all these mail addresses is dangerous as they can be used for the wrong purposes.

It leaves a very bad impression of the sender.

As much as I like some of the emails my friends and family send, I wish they wouldn't send them always.

Especially those that say "Please forward or you'll miss a blessing and send the person at the top a copy too" or something similar.

From the reading I've done, it seems these well-intentioned emails are deliberately sent out by those with bad motives, they are wanting to harvest email addresses. If you've ever wondered where the spam comes from and you don't know where they got your email address. Well, these emails are a good source.

Asha Craft Jewellery

To simplify: I think EEND means that everyone that was mailed's email addresses were in the TO field, meaning if I'm a spammer I'll use those 400 email addresses to send my junkmail to. This can be avoided by adding the 400 email addresses to the BCC field.

Guest Guest

Spot on Asha

Never send out a broadcast email without BCCing the recipients. Not only what you talk about above rude but the recipient's emails could well land up on an unwanted spam email list as a result of their disclosure.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

MsPlod

Since joining BoB - I've had emails of this nature from several sellers - each time I have laboriously explained to them exactly what Asha Craft has said - and asked them to remove me from their list. Rather an imposition really. I have never bought from any of these sellers again as a result. IMO the best marketing always comes through a) good service b) good product and c) word of mouth advertising.