Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Peculiar listing - possible cell phone details?

booksallsizes

Hi there

This is a strange listing.. :wtf: but the reason for this post is that I get the feeling that the user-name is actually a cell phone number. I could be wrong or this could be another way people are trying to buck the system.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/26215739/HISTORY.html

Edited by booksallsizes

MsPlod

Definitely seems to be a cell number - have you reported it to CW?

kyle2

Never mind the obvious cell number, would anyone buy this table for:

Price

R25,000,000.00

Available Till

18 Oct 13:30

Peculiar listing indeed!:amazed:

Little Miss Muffet

I cant understand what makes people want to bypass the system to save 5%.

I could have reported a number of users for this kind of thing who most of the time want to save me the commission.Silly.

kyle2

Hey 5% of the selling price in this case is R1250000! LOL!:amuse:

Virgotec

Hi

Out of curiosity, I just called that number and yes it does belong to the person selling the table, however she is a total newby and her son created the account for her. The table in the listing is pretty unique and I told her that using her cell number as a username is against BOB rules. She asked me if I could help her to change it and to list her table correctly. I am going to try help the poor soul.

Doesn't seem like she is trying to bypass BOB fees though, just pure ignorance, thats all.

Little Miss Muffet
Never mind the obvious cell number, would anyone buy this table for:

Price

R25,000,000.00

Available Till

18 Oct 13:30

Peculiar listing indeed!:amazed:

The way I see it or should I say the way "I feel it" is that,that is stealing so what goes around comes around or is it " what comes around goes around"?

booksallsizes

Actually, when I choose the 'search for sellers' option and type in '08' or '07' there are plenty of people that seem to be using cell numbers as user names...:amazed: - have a look...

kyle2

Interesting, the thot plickens. LOL.:razz:

What does Bob say about it?

Kit W
Hi

Out of curiosity, I just called that number and yes it does belong to the person selling the table, however she is a total newby and her son created the account for her. The table in the listing is pretty unique and I told her that using her cell number as a username is against BOB rules. She asked me if I could help her to change it and to list her table correctly. I am going to try help the poor soul.

Doesn't seem like she is trying to bypass BOB fees though, just pure ignorance, thats all.

Hi OHT32.

I must commend you on helping this newbie - I surmise that there are MANY cell numbers being used as usernames.

Cheers

Kit W