Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Rabies Outbreak

DestinysAngels

:oh:Morning all, just a quick update for all the Forum Members and everyone else who reads this: There is an outbreak of Rabies in JHB, my Vet sent me an SMS remind me of Updated Innoculations. Please make sure your Pets are Safe an Free, a Happy Pet makes a Happy Owner, don't forget to Deworm as well!:blink1:

lilythepink

We have regular outbreaks of rabies throughout the Eastern Cape - they hardly ever make the news anymore.

Once a year we are able to take all our pets (dogs and cats, horses and donkeys, etc) to a certain point where the State vet vaccinates them free of charge. (Have you ever tried taking 7 cats and 3 dogs for their rabies shots? We do it in relays ...!) I think ALL animals in SA should be vaccinated against rabies as it's a dreadful, dreadful disease.

DestinysAngels

It is very important to do it for the health of our animals!

Edited by DestinysAngels

lilythepink
I inject myself and i can help others do so too, it is much cheaper that way and it is all the same and yes i am allowed to inject if anybody doubts it, but it is very important to do it for the health of our animals!

I do the annual inoculations on our cats and dogs but have never known where to buy the rabies vaccine or I would certainly do that as well. (It would save me the several trips up to the State Vet's annual inoculation "centre" behind our local Checkers!!)

But Destiny, the way you have worded your post it sounds like you are injecting yourself against rabies! lol