Sign in to follow this  
Veto111

Krugers Millions!!!

Pierre_Henri

The Kruger Millions

Here is an interesting story ...

President Paul Kruger and Kruger millions

BUT, there was a book written in the 70s or 80s entiteld "The Kruger Millions" by a decendant of Kruger - (the author is also a Kruger) a well researched and well written book - there is a copy in the Bellville library - ... the conclusion (of the author) was that the "Kruger Millions" is a myth - it never existed.

I believe this, but some lesser hoards of Kruger Gold Pounds were indeed found through the years - I recall reading somewhere that when the foundations of the Union Buildings at Meintjies Kop, Pretoria, were dug a few years after the Boer War ended, a few boxes of Kruger Ponde were unearthed - but nowhere near anything that can be called "millions"

But this "myth" is a nice "maybe"- and maybe someday someone will stumble upon the "Kruger Millions" - have them all graded at NGC or PCGS - and send the price of Kruger Ponde where do you think?

Pierre

kyle2

I remember many stories from grandmothers, uncle's and so forth about the mysterious millions, I find it hard to believe that Kruger would deliberately leave a fortune behind and not take it with him overseas.

lilythepink
I remember many stories from grandmothers, uncle's and so forth about the mysterious millions, I find it hard to believe that Kruger would deliberately leave a fortune behind and not take it with him overseas.

Or in his coffin? :wondering:

Kit W
Or in his coffin? :wondering:

Hi lily

I remember my late Gran always telling me "If I can't take it with me, then I aint going" poor soul, passed away aged 97.

Keep well:smile1::smile1: