Sign in to follow this  
brands online

SAPO Track n Trace system sucks big time!

brands online    10
brands online

The SAPO online track and trace system is a total waste of time. There are endless bugs and problems with it. I eneter tracking numbers and every now and then their system throws up results for a completely different number. Either that or they're offline or there are just incomplete results on their system. Item will say "In Transit" months after the person has collected the parcel.

"We deliver whatever it takes.... but the journey can be rough"

DennisPM    10
DennisPM

I agree that it tends to be a bit slow but generally it works OK. I have never had incorrect info displayed. The accuracy of the system depends on whether the SAPO staff keep it up to date. The system works - the people don't......

Dennis

brands online    10
brands online

Hi Dennis,

I'd love to agree with you but here's an example

Enter this no. in the track and trace system and see if throws the reults for that number or some other:SAPO: The South African Post Office

PE685603306ZA

mellowred    10
mellowred

The SAPO site does not even open. Have had this problem with it for more that a month now, the loading dial just keeps turning and nothing happens.

Very annoying.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I am another one who finds the SAPO system sucks! If it happens to be working, it does sometimes throw up totally incorrect information.

Their IT staff are definitely not a patch on the BoB IT team! Perhaps we are just spoilt with the excellent service we get on BoB? :rolleyes:

kyle2    10
kyle2

I also find it annoying at times, but strangely the time of day seems to matter when you try and log in. Before 8:00am, no problem, 9:00 to 1:00pm, will only log in sometimes, after 3:00pm, all OK again. Weird.:colbert:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Stupid system....Does not even load up 80% of the time.

I am pretty sure it is not that hard to get it working properly.......

MacMuffin needs to get stuck in there.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Stupid system....Does not even load up 80% of the time.

I am pretty sure it is not that hard to get it working properly.......

MacMuffin needs to get stuck in there.

Ummm - which internet link are you using? Almost without exception I am able to get this link to work...

South African Post Office - Parcel Tracking

Every so often, the link comes back with the message:

"Parcel number XXXXXXXXX was not found in the database!"

And then if you try a few more times, it does show the parcel tracking route - OR the site is down for a minute or two but generally it works extremely well.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Reason why SAPO Track&Trace sucks... it uses an Oracle database!

brands online    10
brands online

I believe they're working on a new system.. but I think I'm just a sucker for belief:rolleyes:

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

The off-line bit is the worse when it hangs for 20 min at a time ....

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

yes parcel track is the best option , but the sapo really need to get this 'in transit' nonsense sorted out

SProducts    10
SProducts
yes parcel track is the best option , but the sapo really need to get this 'in transit' nonsense sorted out

I agree here, what happened to the previous detailed tracking. Now you only see in transit all the time, amazingly if you call them their system shows everything.

Sipho

flysouth    10
flysouth

I agree, sometimes the system works, but mostly it dont. Had many parcels sitting at my post box, while fruitlessly trying to check on the system with the tracking number ( I dont want to make unneccessary trips to the post). the information on the screen tells me the parcel was scanned into WIT POS, and nothing after that, meanwhile the parcel has been delivered and waiting for me to collect.