Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Getting paid by buyers

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

You can say I've had a major OOPS!

I am always very careful with regards to my orders that come in and always only send the parcel after full payment has been received.

Last Thursday whilst rushing off to the hospital (major drama), I saw that one of my past customer's had placed an order and had requested overnight postage. Being the "good seller" that I am, I did not want my customer to have to wait until the following week to receive his parcel, so I packed it up quickly and made a stop at the post office on the way down to the hospital. Talk about a mad rush... new staff at our branch with one teller open - he makes a snail look intelligent & fast!

When catching up with emails over the weekend, and doing payment allocations, I noticed that this buyer had NOT actually paid for his order yet. So he received his parcel on Friday (speed services), and has subsequently been ignoring my friendly emails regarding my error and asking him ever so nicely to actually make the payment, stating that I put my trust in him.

To date, no reply - no response - no payment!

Would anyone mind going around to do a collection for me? Or should I just wait a little longer. (He is in Brackendowns, Alberton)

I could really kick myself for being so stupid! Just goes to show how some family drama mixed with an emergency can get your mind playing tricks on you. Perhaps I do need that holiday after all...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh dear, Cali. A catastrophe! Perhaps one of us on the forum lives nearby and could arrange to collect your money for you?

How is Grandpa doing? We all wait for an update, please.

bigv1978    10
bigv1978

It’s a real shame that most people of today don’t have any morals or principles. May I ask is the amount outstanding big?

Cali Craft and Gems

Amount due is R256.

I'll update the other thread with news re Grandpa!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

That's enough to make anyone upset, Cali. Maybe you won't go insolvent with just one of these but with a few it could hurt, I'm sure. Hope buyer comes to the party and pays you!

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

I must admit I also from time to time send articles before payment reflects, so far so good. Good luck getting your money back!

Cali Craft and Gems

The buyer has made full payment.

Phew - one thing off my worry list... just about another million things to go! :)