Sign in to follow this  
MegaStore

Misunderstandings and Confusing listings

MegaStore    10
MegaStore

I seem to confuse people with my listings. I sell screen protectors for cellphones, but bidders think they get the whole cellphone! My last one is a media player and now it seems that I created the impression that people will get a free external hard drive. I feel that people don't read the listings properly and only see what they want!

I must however also accept the fact that my listings do seem to confuse people and will have to make changes to it. Only problem is that once there are bids, I cant edit it.

Digital Media Receivers - External USB Hard Drive + SD Card + USB Divx Avi Xvid Media Player for TV for sale in George (ID:26305190)

Any advice will be appreciated.

EtienneT

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Etienne

In this particular listing, your heading gives the impression that a hard drive is included.

Perhaps you should instead say something like " Media Player compatible with USB Hard Drive, SD Card...

Try mentioning the main product first and then the other details such as what can plug into it.

Yes, people don't read properly, but you could be heading for trouble with your buyers that don't ask questions and just bid - winning the bid - and then don't get what they expect. The new Consumer Protection Act would probably side with the buyer in this case - never mind the negative ratings you're risking.

MegaStore    10
MegaStore

Thanks in retrospect I can see how the heading could create that impression. Stupid me copying a chinese title from an advert for the same item. Your advice is much appreciated and will most certainly work.

Thanks

MegaStore    10
MegaStore

Thank You very much. You're a star! (no pun intended)

Edited by MegaStore

RISadler    10
RISadler

I found that when selling film cameras, you must never mention the words "DSLR" or "digital" anywhere in the listing. Don't even try and say that "this is NOT a digital camera." People read what they want to read.