Sign in to follow this  
digitalgheko

Forum Upgrade. Feedback and Bug Reports.

voldermort

Ok, 2nd time today I had to go the long way round to log in.......perhaps that is why there are so few people on today because the top login is not working :wondering:

freesia

Jacque31, re the smiley faces: I agree they are still there but they are very dull and hard to see ...... no more bright and and eye catching. Maybe they get a little bit lost in the overwhelming shades of yellow and orange. I wish they would duplicate the colours of the Home page. That is for sure a winner.

Digitalgheko: No more over write or seeing double. Thanks. Still have a slight problem with the drop downs of the home page. Don't know if it should be like that, but when I use it while on the forum's page, it is again partially hidden behind the forum's top bar. It seems as if the forum's page is pasted over the Home page.

jacque31

freesia - yip I agree the home page color scheme is by far the best, but not the forum isn't nice, I think we all just got a "shock" from we saw the old forum color scheme and then suddenly the new one - but it is a bit on the bright side.

lilythepink

I would LOVE the smilies to be a little bit bigger and brighter. It's not easy to make them out when using them and slows me down somewhat.

voldermort

Eventually able to log in normally, thanks :wink:

Vinyl Lady Decals

Me Too, I gave up for most of the day and couldn't get my fix.:whistling::shock::shock:

mellowred

:colbert: Not sure what Colbert means, but love the look of him.:love:

Smilies are wonderful, logging in is back to automatic and all looks great.

Thank you BoB

wayjen

well i had to send an email to Janet and BoB because i could not get onto the forum today, glad it's fixed now.

Virgotec

Looks great however the BOB drop down menus open behind the Forum header.

voldermort

I am really missing the new posts/posts with new replies that used to be at the bottom of the page...it was quick and easy to see at a glance, with the new set out you are only able to see these once you are logged in and only after actually clicking on today's posts.

Maybe it is just me but the way it is now it is exceptionally difficult to see merely by scrolling down what is new and what is not, after looking at the first 2 or 3 I run out of patience because (and again, maybe just me) everything seems to be on top of each other.

mellowred

I still can't distinguish between read and unread new posts. I see grey, red or beige envelopes on the left, but they don't seem to relate to what I have read.

Memory is shot, so I end up opening the same posts over and over again :huh:

voldermort

Far too difficult too find the new posts, everything.....old & new posts all look the same :sad:

Guest MacMuffin
Far too difficult too find the new posts, everything.....old & new posts all look the same :sad:

What about that What's New-button????

voldermort

yeah but it only comes on when you are logged in.........:sad:

oryxza

When you log out all cookies are cleared.

When you log back in, your last read or whats new settings are reset and you have to start by checking the last 24 hours posts, which shows eveything unread from the last 24 hours, instead of only what changed since you logged out and back in.

This is probably what is confusing everyone that logs in and out rather than ticking Remember Me and staying logged in all the time.

BumbleBee

I have the same problem as mellowred, on the old setup when you click on "what's new/new posts" you got the list of threads with all the titles in bold, after reading a few you would click on "what's new/new posts" and all the ones you just read are now in a normal font with unread threads in bold, now they are all in bold all the time. This is a bit frustrating as there seems to be no way to tell the difference between the threads you have just read and the ones you haven't.

mellowred
I have the same problem as mellowred, on the old setup when you click on "what's new/new posts" you got the list of threads with all the titles in bold, after reading a few you would click on "what's new/new posts" and all the ones you just read are now in a normal font with unread threads in bold, now they are all in bold all the time. This is a bit frustrating as there seems to be no way to tell the difference between the threads you have just read and the ones you haven't.

Has anyone worked out how to distinguish the unread posts yet. I'm still confused :wondering:

admin

153455_100925145804_posts.JPG

Posts that you have read, no new posts. Grey background and closed envelope.

153455_100925145829_posts_2.JPG

New posts you still have to read. Blue background and envelope is open with paper sticking out.

153455_100925145850_hot_posts_1.JPG

Hot posts you have read, no new posts. Orange background and closed envelope.

153455_100925145908_hot_posts_2.JPG

Hot posts with new posts you still have to read. Orange background and envelope is open with paper sticking out.

mellowred

Ah-ha thank you Admin.

This Adult ADD is a real problem :embarrest:

lilythepink

Well it's definitely not as easy as the old system. And those of us suffering from Old Timer's simply cannot remember all the different colour envelopes! :sad: